Jump to content

WoSFL Premier Division thread


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Got to congratulate Blantyre on their recent upgrades to KG Stadium. It was a comfortable days spectating in their seated areas. I hope they stay up.

Yeah I commented on that to their committee. Really trying to improve things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How does the league work in the following scenario:

Auchinleck win the play offs and are promoted to the Lowland League, but the team relegated from Lowland is based in the South or East. Is the league next year 15 teams? Does the 7th bottom survive? Or does an extra team get promoted. 
 

On the flip side what’s the situation if an East team get promoted to the lowland league ahead of Talbot and a west based team is relegated from the lowland league? 

Edited by South_Pride
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

How does the league work in the following scenario:

Auchinleck win the play offs and are promoted to the Lowland League, but the team relegated from Lowland is based in the South or East. Is the league next year 15 teams? Does the 7th bottom survive? Or does an extra team get promoted. 

On the flip side what’s the situation if an East team get promoted to the lowland league ahead of Talbot and a west based team is relegated from the lowland league? 

It will be 16 teams. In your first scenario only 6 get relegated and in the second there will be 8 relegated (there's a slim possibility it could be 9 if two clubs come down from the LL). The wiki page seems to be correct in showing how it all works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_West_of_Scotland_Football_League

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It will be 16 teams. In your first scenario only 6 get relegated and in the second there will be 8 relegated (there's a slim possibility it could be 9 if two clubs come down from the LL). The wiki page seems to be correct in showing how it all works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_West_of_Scotland_Football_League

What's scenario that sees 2 relegated from Lowland ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BANKIEBILL said:

What's scenario that sees 2 relegated from Lowland ?

Club from tier 6 promoted (inevitable) and the HL champions beating a Lowland club 42. Which actually might not be that slim a possibility, as if for example Fraserburgh beat Bonnyrigg there's a decent chance they could then beat the likes of Cowdenbeath.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

An opinion on wild could be if they won it and couldn’t go anywhere because they have spent all their money for the last two decades on wages.

Harsh. Newlandsfield probably only needs lights ( possibly some signage and disabled access / facilities improvements ) for Pollok to move towards a licence ( obvs also internal policy work ). Problem is the lights of course and if they had been able to erect them prior to this I'm sure they would've done so - big salaries or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Harsh. Newlandsfield probably only needs lights ( possibly some signage and disabled access / facilities improvements ) for Pollok to move towards a licence ( obvs also internal policy work ). Problem is the lights of course and if they had been able to erect them prior to this I'm sure they would've done so - big salaries or not.

Is their pitch also not slightly smaller than mimimum dimensions with not a lot of feasible ways to make it bigger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Harsh. Newlandsfield probably only needs lights ( possibly some signage and disabled access / facilities improvements ) for Pollok to move towards a licence ( obvs also internal policy work ). Problem is the lights of course and if they had been able to erect them prior to this I'm sure they would've done so - big salaries or not.

Was just an opinion, not necessarily my own but they have some clever folk behind the scenes and sure they will sort something out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Is their pitch also not slightly smaller than mimimum dimensions with not a lot of feasible ways to make it bigger

If I'm remember correctly the pitch is meant to meet Entry level licencing, but struggles beyond that and what's considered best practice.

The minimum is 90m by 56m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Is their pitch also not slightly smaller than mimimum dimensions with not a lot of feasible ways to make it bigger

No, minimum for entry level is 90x56m and theirs seems to be about 93x58 or so going by Google maps. Would only prevent them from being promoted above League 1. As for floodlights, other clubs with buildings that close have installed lights over the past few years so it should be possible.

Would be interesting to know (from someone connected with Pollok) how much work is needed to meet the requirements for the dressing rooms, WCs, disabled facilities, first aid room, etc.

Suppose winning the league and qualifying for the Scottish Cup would help with funding...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

No, minimum for entry level is 90x56m and theirs seems to be about 93x58 or so going by Google maps. Would only prevent them from being promoted above League 1. As for floodlights, other clubs with buildings that close have installed lights over the past few years so it should be possible.

Would be interesting to know (from someone connected with Pollok) how much work is needed to meet the requirements for the dressing rooms, WCs, disabled facilities, first aid room, etc.

Suppose winning the league and qualifying for the Scottish Cup would help with funding...

Pollok have been working away for a while behind the scenes on the future of Newlandsfield and can deal with the licensing work required should it be needed.The stadium did in fact previously have lights which were used for friendlies in the past but those would need enhanced.

The wages myths are very far off the truth as there is capital available for use should it be needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...