WoSFL Premier Division thread

Not great to see at loch park last night as the big talking point should be about Scott Fergusons 40 yard wonder goal in the last minute to win 3 points for the Vale

Heard it was Glenafton young 16 year old ish that started it by punching a Darvel boy a similar age

The last thing we need again in our grade is trouble at games.That’s Kilbirnie and Glenafton who have long records of trouble at their games already in the press over fighting at games and the season has just started.Not going to bring in many new fans when they see that.

5 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Heard there was some Darvel fans standing in the home end and when those fans were celebrating the winning goal some of Glenafton young team confronted them and fighting broke out, seemingly some Darvel players celebrated in front of the home end but the away dug out is over there too

One of the things that has always attracted me to junior/wosfl football is the opportunity to mix with fans of all clubs and none at a game. The idea that a ground that holds a few hundred has a home end is frankly ridiculous . I visited New Cumnock many years ago for a game and it was a fantastic night, Glenafton lost that one late doors as well but it was accepted with good grace, times are a changing. 

11 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

The last thing we need again in our grade is trouble at games.

Senior game has survived far worse than this.

6 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

One of the things that has always attracted me to junior/wosfl football is the opportunity to mix with fans of all clubs and none at a game. The idea that a ground that holds a few hundred has a home end is frankly ridiculous . I visited New Cumnock many years ago for a game and it was a fantastic night, Glenafton lost that one late doors as well but it was accepted with good grace, times are a changing. 

It’s a small enclosure half way along one side where 20 or so stand up the back with the bevvy and old firm strips and that’s where the trouble comes from.I am sure they will all be known to the club.

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

There no used to seeing their team lose a goal in last minute to lose a game 😂😂😂😂

We have lost plenty of last minute goals mate , and we’ve had to take it on the chin . 
ive watched games at loch park for over 40 years and have never saw a reaction to a winning goal like that , they’re wasn’t much needle in the game but the Darvel pitch invasion was the reason for the fighting . The twenty odd ‘ staff’ patrolling up and down the touchline from about the hour mark should have been stopped by the ref and linesman , you could see it coming 🤷‍♂️

We have lost plenty of last minute goals mate , and we’ve had to take it on the chin . 
ive watched games at loch park for over 40 years and have never saw a reaction to a winning goal like that , they’re wasn’t much needle in the game but the Darvel pitch invasion was the reason for the fighting . The twenty odd ‘ staff’ patrolling up and down the touchline from about the hour mark should have been stopped by the ref and linesman , you could see it coming [emoji2369]
Fair enough but there seems to be bother at Glens alot

9 hours ago, Lurcer said:

Good grace? We’ve had supporters busses attacked and players/ coaches attacked on their way to the changing room.

Beith/Kilbirnie were forced to take action years ago when they was trouble yet this continually happens at New Cumnock with nothing being done.

Edited by .Stuart.

7 hours ago, 93glens17 said:

ive watched games at loch park for over 40 years and have never saw a reaction to a winning goal like that , they’re wasn’t much needle in the game but the Darvel pitch invasion was the reason for the fighting . The twenty odd ‘ staff’ patrolling up and down the touchline from about the hour mark should have been stopped by the ref and linesman , you could see it coming 🤷‍♂️

Celebrating a last minute winner isn’t a crime.

22 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Good grace? We’ve had supporters busses attacked and players/ coaches attacked on their way to the changing room.

Beith/Kilbirnie were forced to take action years ago when they was trouble yet this continually happens at New Cumnock with nothing being done.

Sorry I can only comment on my experience. 

9 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Agree you should be able to celebrate anywhere in a junior ground and not end up in a fight but bother of this kind is a common thing up at Glenafton with a section of their support

Thankfully this was a senior ground and not a "junior" one. That "grade" is thankfully dead and buried in the West, time for people to get into the modern age and put the past behind them.

34 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Celebrating a last minute winner isn’t a crime.

I’m no suggesting for a minute that it is pal .

the point I was making was that I’ve never saw a reaction like that before at loch park , darvel staff all over the pitch , fans all over the pitch , darvel  players in the glens technical area ? I wasn’t in the stand so I don’t know who was fighting or who caused it but I’m sure the actions of the darvel staff and players certainly fuelled the fire . Even walking into the clubhouse at the end of the game the darvel manager was still shouting at fans , which I thought might have caused even more trouble .

2 minutes ago, drs said:

Thankfully this was a senior ground and not a "junior" one. That "grade" is thankfully dead and buried in the West, time for people to get into the modern age and put the past behind them.

Great pedantry from the grade gestapo. 

Brings nothing to the discussion at hand though. 

10 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

I’m no suggesting for a minute that it is pal .

the point I was making was that I’ve never saw a reaction like that before at loch park , darvel staff all over the pitch , fans all over the pitch , darvel  players in the glens technical area ? I wasn’t in the stand so I don’t know who was fighting or who caused it but I’m sure the actions of the darvel staff and players certainly fuelled the fire . Even walking into the clubhouse at the end of the game the darvel manager was still shouting at fans , which I thought might have caused even more trouble .

Let’s be clear about the facts here, when Glenafton scored to go 1-0 up all their players ran and celebrated in front of the Darvel dugout. Two players were booked because of it no reaction from us whatsoever.

When we scored the winner our players celebrated in front of the Glenafton dugout, I believe one of our players were booked. Then all hell broke loose, Glenafton staff member sent off. 

The word frightening infers it was a two way thing, the truth is and the video clearly shows 7 Glenafton fans attacking a Darvel committee member. 

The issue was clear to see from the outset, large amount of alcohol being clearly drank in the stand. Carry out being carried in a half time. 

Celebration to both goals were probably over the top, but if you think that an excuse for what followed then no wonder there been previous issues. 

In reference to be shouting as I walked off, I didn’t shout I simply replied to what someone was shouting at me. I can take abuse, in the main it’s light hearted. But what was he said to me was totally unacceptable. 

No matter what happens, there in no excuse for people attacking people. 

Edited by Mkennedy

We all get carried away at goal celebrations from time to time and have seen opponents do the same but we don’t attack them because of it.

That’s now two occasions in 10 days where the national media coverage of WOSFL “fans”has been damning.What kind of product is there to sell to anyone when that is what is being seen round the country.Drunken village hard men/boys brawling/attacking others.

We are in a new era so it’s time the powers that be stood up to this by enforcing points deductions/substantial fines/closed door games and making the clubs ban those involved from games and evidence that.As I said it won’t be hard in small communities/crowds for these clubs to identify the troublemakers.

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

Let’s be clear about the facts here, when Glenafton scored to go 1-0 up all their players ran and celebrated in front of the Darvel dugout. Two players were booked because of it no reaction from us whatsoever.

When we scored the winner our players celebrated in front of the Glenafton dugout, I believe one of our players were booked. Then all hell broke loose, Glenafton staff member sent off. 

The word frightening infers it was a two way thing, the truth is and the video clearly shows 7 Glenafton fans attacking a Darvel committee member. 

The issue was clear to see from the outset, large amount of alcohol being clearly drank in the stand. Carry out being carried in a half time. 

Celebration to both goals were probably over the top, but if you think that an excuse for what followed then no wonder there been previous issues. 

In reference to be shouting as I walked off, I didn’t shout I simply replied to what someone was shouting at me. I can take abuse, in the main it’s light hearted. But what was he said to me was totally unacceptable. 

Your players encroached the dugout Mick when celebrating. Wooing in our managers face,  which showed a complete lack of respect. That lead to the incident where the member of Glens staff got sent off for reacting. I don't seem to remember any Glens player actually in your technical area celebrating. 

Your fans were  involved too and also under the influence of alcohol also. There are other videos circulating also which show young Darvel fans also throwing punches. To be selective to paint Darvel in a better light and lay sole blame on Glenafton is pretty poor. 

I am in no way defending the Glens fans violence. It was horrific to see. 

In regards to the fan shouting at you about the "drugs" reference well that is up to you how you deal with that. Personal abuse aimed towards players and managers has been a mainstay at this grade for years and one which will likely continue.  Again not defending those actions but it is near impossible to eradicate that sort of thing at this grade of football. 

On a more positive note the game itself was a well contested affair with plenty action. A good advert for this level with two good footballing sides. 

Edited by HonestMan1988

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

No way I’m on hear trying to make excuses for anybody. Nobody should be getting attacked or fighting at the fitba .

but you’re crazy if you think there was any comparison to the glens goal celebrations and what happened when you scored the winner. As far as replying to the crowd I just thought you could have shown a wee bit more professionalism after what had happened, your team had done well to get the win . Should have been head down and into the clubhouse wi the 3pts in the bag  , maybe worth thinking about ?