WoSFL Premier Division thread

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Yes they will. How much so depends on how they approach and prioritise each competition. Those with big squads may use one of the tournaments to rotate the players. Either way there are just too many matches given that there will inevitably be call offs. It's going to be a right pile up at the end of the season whether your team is in the SJC or not.

Phase 1 (i.e. the halfway point in the league fixtures) should be reached by early to mid November, hopefully before "postponement season" gets into full swing. So hopefully there shouldn't be too much of a pile-up as the fixtures are no longer being done on the back of a fag packet.

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I know that's why they're piling in the fixtures just now ... so if any more lockdowns then they can legitimately call but also to try and mitigate against end of season backlogs. It'll really help that at least half the league have floodlights and can go midweek any time of year - weather permitting.

I know many clubs value their Junior heritage - not having a go at that - but I do wonder if delaying it another season with so many more games to play, may have been an idea. 

Delaying what? The Junior Cup? The fixture frenzy has been caused by the formation of a 20 club league and yes it will only be for this season but don't think the running of the SJC should be delayed because of that mess.

9 minutes ago, andy25 said:
14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:
Yes they will. How much so depends on how they approach and prioritise each competition. Those with big squads may use one of the tournaments to rotate the players. Either way there are just too many matches given that there will inevitably be call offs. It's going to be a right pile up at the end of the season whether your team is in the SJC or not.

Nearly half the teams in the League have floodlights so that should help .

Aye that's right enough.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Phase 1 (i.e. the halfway point in the league fixtures) should be reached by early to mid November, hopefully before "postponement season" gets into full swing. So hopefully there shouldn't be too much of a pile-up as the fixtures are no longer being done on the back of a fag packet.

Hope you're right but postponements can happen at any time, albeit December and January are usually the worst months. Just think that even with good planning a 38 game league season has to cause havoc at this level. The EFL struggle to fit it all in and they have better playing surfaces. Anyway, we'll see. Don't want to pee on the bonfire at this early stage.

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

Wednesday night's fixtures :-

Beith Juniors v Largs Thistle
Bonnyton Thistle v Pollok
Rossvale v Cumnock Juniors
Blantyre Victoria v Hurlford United
Clydebank v Cumbernauld United
Glenafton Athletic v Darvel
Kilbirnie Ladeside v Kilwinning Rangers
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Auchinleck Talbot
Rutherglen Glencairn v Irvine Meadow XI
Troon v Benburb

Your thoughts ?

Draw 

Pollok

Cumnock

Hurlford

Clydebank

Darvel

Kilwinning

Talbot 

Meadow 

Troon

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Delaying what? The Junior Cup? The fixture frenzy has been caused by the formation of a 20 club league and yes it will only be for this season but don't think the running of the SJC should be delayed because of that mess.

As long as it doesn't interfere with the main business of the League and the 2 main cups then its more an issue for those in it. Best of luck with it 

Heard there was some Darvel fans standing in the home end and when those fans were celebrating the winning goal some of Glenafton young team confronted them and fighting broke out, seemingly some Darvel players celebrated in front of the home end but the away dug out is over there too

Anyone know what happened at glenafton last night? Heard there was fighting.

Mon the papers

2 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Heard there was some Darvel fans standing in the home end and when those fans were celebrating the winning goal some of Glenafton young team confronted them and fighting broke out, seemingly some Darvel players celebrated in front of the home end but the away dug out is over there too

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7441263/fists-fight-glenafton-darvel-west-of-scotland-premier-league/

IMG_8402.thumb.jpg.3b465acbe1faa67b8b3c2a2fccaacd5d.jpg

Same auld Glenafton supporters fighting because there team lose a match Glenafton should be banned from football it’s not the first or dare I say the last time there supporters attack opposition fans even players going into the dressing rooms
Not sticking up for Glenafton but I'm led to believe it was Darvel fans that were at fault.

1 minute ago, andy25 said:
3 minutes ago, Yogi said:

Same auld Glenafton supporters fighting because there team lose a match Glenafton should be banned from football it’s not the first or dare I say the last time there supporters attack opposition fans even players going into the dressing rooms

Not sticking up for Glenafton but I'm led to believe it was Darvel fans that were at fault.

I can assure u it wasn’t Andy , ur allowed to celebrate a winning goal in any grade of football and they didn’t like it , it wasn’t young guys who attacked the darvel fans , it was men in their 30s and 40s and as said before it isn’t the first time it’s happened at loch park 

19 minutes ago, andy25 said:
22 minutes ago, Yogi said:

Complete opposite , Darvel scored and loads of them starting attacking young lads of 16-17 from Darvel . 

17 minutes ago, Yogi said:

Happens every season down there I’ve stopped going to there park years ago not worth the agro

Tbf to glenafton the instigators all seemed to be men in their thirties who all were wearing brand new identical strips of a Glasgow team . I doubt their regular glenafton supporters . 

5 minutes ago, Sgc said:

Tbf to glenafton the instigators all seemed to be men in their thirties who all were wearing brand new identical strips of a Glasgow team . I doubt their regular glenafton supporters . 

There no used to seeing their team lose a goal in last minute to lose a game 😂😂😂😂

Just now, Darvel legend said:

There no used to seeing their team lose a goal in last minute to lose a game 😂😂😂😂

Ha , you could be right , turns out my oldest has one of them on snap chat and the guy posted pictures of his burst face wae pride , aye well done mate you got your face burst from a 15 year old 😂😂