WoSFL Premier Division thread

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont care about last season in fairness. But i do sincerely hope Beith have a few stag dos arranged. 

Again, loads of football still to be played so who knows what will occur. Torn between enjoying Darvel blobbing it again and wanting them away out the road. Keep thinking Beith's bottle will crash but not doing so yet. Obviously, always want to see Talbot winning but wouldn't mind them staying in this league rather than wading through the treacle of the LL. The WoSFL is where it's at...if the fixtures can get sorted.

42 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Again, loads of football still to be played so who knows what will occur. Torn between enjoying Darvel blobbing it again and wanting them away out the road. Keep thinking Beith's bottle will crash but not doing so yet. Obviously, always want to see Talbot winning but wouldn't mind them staying in this league rather than wading through the treacle of the LL. The WoSFL is where it's at...if the fixtures can get sorted.

In fairness beith have already won this standard of league twice in about the last ten years or so therefore it's really not unchartered territory for us and their won't be any bottle job within our club and it's belief's to do so again.  

I thought Darvel were on for the comeback today prior to Kennedy’s substitutes and change to a back 3. They were completely toothless first half but a goal was coming in the 2nd. Some strike by the boy Monti mind you.

It’s the first time I’ve seen Beith so it’s difficult to rate them. Took one of only two chances and scored a wonder strike but they seem to have the players that can make a difference (Monk, Conti and the captain).

Beith have given themselves a chance to win this league through ability and hard graft, much to the annoyance of the couple of would-be ‘elite’ sides. Debate will no doubt continue as to whether ‘stepping up’ would be desirable or sensible for clubs.
Lots of outcomes from the pyramid rejig are going to be in the air for some seasons to come with licensing demands etc so should we not just accept it as the contest it is where a club will finish top because they will be the best in the competition?

5 hours ago, pheasant plucker said:

Beith have given themselves a chance to win this league through ability and hard graft, much to the annoyance of the couple of would-be ‘elite’ sides. Debate will no doubt continue as to whether ‘stepping up’ would be desirable or sensible for clubs.
Lots of outcomes from the pyramid rejig are going to be in the air for some seasons to come with licensing demands etc so should we not just accept it as the contest it is where a club will finish top because they will be the best in the competition?

Very much agree with your last line. Not having a licence means Beith either don't have the resources (human or material) to go through the process or they don't want one. Whichever it is, it's their choice and should have no bearing on the fact that, should they win, they will have proved to be the best of a very good league.

Really don't get why people are unhappy about the prospect of an unlicensed club winning.

Beith having the points on the board has to make them very slight favs but there are still lots of games between the top 5 that could change things dramatically. 

I still expect Darvel to stick a strong run together at some point but it probably has to be sooner than later if it's going to mean much, Talbot have the chance to go clear at the top but it's a lot of games in hand to win with a slender margin for error. I can't really see Pollok challenging but the Bankies seem to have worked their way into the chasing pack and seem to be on decent form at the right time. 

If Beith win it nobody can have any complaints. I'd sooner see Talbot or any other team (apart from Darvel) win it as a reward for the planning and effort they've put into achieving their license, but it needs to be earned and another year or 2 in this division wouldn't be catastrophic for any of the teams in the hunt because every time I glance at the contents of the LL I get a wee bit depressed at the prospect of being part of it, even for a season. 

18 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Beith having the points on the board has to make them very slight favs but there are still lots of games between the top 5 that could change things dramatically. 

I still expect Darvel to stick a strong run together at some point but it probably has to be sooner than later if it's going to mean much, Talbot have the chance to go clear at the top but it's a lot of games in hand to win with a slender margin for error. I can't really see Pollok challenging but the Bankies seem to have worked their way into the chasing pack and seem to be on decent form at the right time. 

If Beith win it nobody can have any complaints. I'd sooner see Talbot or any other team (apart from Darvel) win it as a reward for the planning and effort they've put into achieving their license, but it needs to be earned and another year or 2 in this division wouldn't be catastrophic for any of the teams in the hunt because every time I glance at the contents of the LL I get a wee bit depressed at the prospect of being part of it, even for a season. 

Darvel not put any planning or effort into getting their Licence?

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

If teams don’t get promoted into the LL then how is it going to change. You say it wouldn’t be catastrophic for any of the chasing teams to be promoted, so when would it be acceptable to be promoted?

13 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

If teams don’t get promoted into the LL then how is it going to change. You say it wouldn’t be catastrophic for any of the chasing teams to be promoted, so when would it be acceptable to be promoted?

Teams will get promoted to the LL over time. I'm only saying I don't think it's the end of the World if they don't get there as soon as possible because this division is a superior product to the one above it in countless ways. 

34 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

No it wasn't you were inferring that Darvel didn't do any work to get the license so take your head out of your arse 

What darvel have done off the park has been tremendous and it's went from one of the worst venues with a paltry tiny stand to one of the best in the west when you factor in the pitch,  floodlights , dressing room and other improvements in general.

On the pitch I can't help that think regardless of how amazing the Scottish cup run was ( Aberdeen game in particular) that it could and has already been  a tad detrimental to darvels season since then  , the true elation and huge crowd that the Aberdeen game brought alongside the huge exposure ( which was fully deserved) was great but I think teams are even trying harder against darvel now since they beat the dons , a huge target on their backs and I know a few guys from the garnock Valley who never attend bellsdale , however they turned up yesterday hoping to see beith turn darvel over ( think its human nature) In wishing to see things like that happen. 

It makes what Talbot have achieved all the greater over the decades with the constant target on their backs and teams giving it that much more endeavour against them yet they still keep delivering. 

Edited by Thejackdaw