WoSFL Premier Division thread

Any idea on when fixtures are likely to be released? Appreciate there isn't a concrete start date yet.
A start date is required before a fixtures plan can be worked out (including how many games the Premier Division will play). However I'm sure Kenny and Kennie are working on options at the moment.

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:
24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Any idea on when fixtures are likely to be released? Appreciate there isn't a concrete start date yet.

A start date is required before a fixtures plan can be worked out (including how many games the Premier Division will play). However I'm sure Kenny and Kennie are working on options at the moment.

Kennie that hated the pyramid idea with a vengeance?

12 minutes ago, glensmad said:
15 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

I don't recall Kennie saying that, to be honest.

Even if he did, it's happened. Why would originally being against the concept proclude him from doing what he's good at for the good of the game?

14 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

I think it has been known for a while now that Kennie would be involved in the fixture lists this season. Mainly the in season management as it would be too much for Kenny with all the other leagues he oversees.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Predictions

Champions: Auchinleck Talbot

Relegation 7: Benburb, Blantyre Victoria, Bonnyton Thistle, Cumbernauld United, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, Rossvale, Troon

Only if Rutherglen Glencairn have brought in a few players or Talbot help out by going up to the LL, thus saving one other team from the drop.

Only if Rutherglen Glencairn have brought in a few players or Talbot help out by going up to the LL, thus saving one other team from the drop.
I'm not sure how Talbot going up to the LL would help Glencairn stay up if those are indeed the 7 who are in 14th to 20th place. [emoji848]

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm not sure how Talbot going up to the LL would help Glencairn stay up if those are indeed the 7 who are in 14th to 20th place. emoji848.png

If Talbot leave and 7 at the bottom leave that = 8

20-8 =12

Plus three league winners up from the conferences.

That's15.

Who the other team to make it up to 16?

If Talbot leave and 7 at the bottom leave that = 8
20-8 =12
Plus three league winners up from the conferences.
That's15.
Who the other team to make it up to 16?
In that case one of the 7 named above would be spared from relegation. We were not in the 7 named. So I still don't get how Auchinleck going up would save us if those are the 7 in places 14 to 20.

I never make predictions where my own team is concerned, but there's nothing wrong with others having a guess about how things will pan out. It's just a bit of fun really.

What nobody knows at the moment is who the surprise factor will be this season. I don't think anybody saw Rossvale being so consistent last season, especially after their really poor start. But they have an almost completely changed squad, so it could go either way for them.

Glencairn have retained half of last season's squad and brought in 11 new players, again it could go either way for us.

There is always a team who over-achieves, and there is always a team who massively under-achieves.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.