WoSFL Premier Division thread

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Couldn't follow Arthurlie's results with radar!

Try being a fan!!

We were outstanding today and should have been 4 or 5 up with the chance we missed and the outrageous goal we got disallowed for offside. lose the ball in midfield and lose a goal, then 2 minutes of madness from Max Kerr and we are down to 10 men.

Thought we were superb in the 2nd half with a battling performance and it was only in the last 10 minutes when Cumnock really threatened. Was expecting more from a Cumnock team that had a good win in the midweek but for over an hour were terrible. 

42 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I’ve got a ticket for Pollok v Darvel on Friday night I can no longer make because the Clyde game now clashes with it. If anyone wants it free of charge, let me know. It’s a QR code so should be easy enough to get across. 

Cheers 

If you have no luck, email info@pollokfc.com with your name for a refund.

The disparity between the amount of fixtures clubs have played is a total joke.

There is zero sporting integrity when only some clubs are being asked to squash in nearly half a seasons fixtures in 6 weeks whilst others sit idle.

The fixture secretary needs to get a grip.

Good to see my local side Cambuslang get a win but maybe too little too late. Unforunately they've had rotten luck with injuries & behind the scene issues this season with very little in the way of a commitee & next to no funds.

Dropping a league will maybe be a blessing in disguise for Billy & Paul who know how to put a squad together at that level to compete.

1 hour ago, Greenmachine said:

The disparity between the amount of fixtures clubs have played is a total joke.

There is zero sporting integrity when only some clubs are being asked to squash in nearly half a seasons fixtures in 6 weeks whilst others sit idle.

The fixture secretary needs to get a grip.

Those clubs that are behind are there because they are taking part in the money-spinning SFA Cup and they've also volunteered to take part in the Scottish Junior Cup. You don't get it both ways.

9 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Those clubs that are behind are there because they are taking part in the money-spinning SFA Cup and they've also volunteered to take part in the Scottish Junior Cup. You don't get it both ways.

Junior Cup is dead.

Clubs are only hanging around looking for a pay out.

56 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Junior Cup is dead.

It’s no pal……..teams want prize money and the revenue runs bring.
Ye get no a broon hapenny fae the South challenge cup unless yer drawn at hame.

That’s why tha big clubs are still entering. 
some clown said it’s an external competition so’s the south cup. I Ken what wan the treasurers wid like tae win unless yer no richt in tha heed. 

56 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Junior Cup is dead.

The issue wi the imbalance o the fixtures is cos Kenny has missed opportunities tae gie the Talbot midweek fixtures when other teams like Darvel, who hud played mare games, hud fixtures. 
That’s facts. 2 instances o that. There’s a 4 geme swing oan Darvel. Beith went oot tha cups so they’ve hud it plain sailin. 

Canny help the weather but Um guessing 3/4 Saturdays huv been lost tae the weather? 

1 hour ago, Ben10 said:

some clown said it’s an external competition so’s the south cup. I Ken what wan the treasurers wid like tae win unless yer no richt in tha heed. 

The South Cup is mandatory for WoSFL clubs as it’s a recognised SFA tournament.

The Junior Cup is optional and should be played midweek if clubs want to play in it.

Pollok,Kilwinning,Clydebank,Renfrew Whitletts,St Cadocs,Drumchapel,Bonnyton,Glasgow Uni and all Div 4 etc are not in it along with the vast majority of EoSL league clubs.

1 minute ago, Greenmachine said:

The South Cup is mandatory for WoSFL clubs as it’s a recognised SFA tournament.

The Junior Cup is optional and should be played midweek if clubs want to play in it.

Pollok,Kilwinning,Clydebank,Renfrew Whitletts,St Cadocs,Drumchapel,Bonnyton,Glasgow Uni and all Div 4 etc are not in it along with the vast majority of EoSL league clubs.

Pollok were barred fae it, Clydebank and Kilwinning (at least wan will be back in it next year) wouldn’t bet again others when the treasurers clock oan tae where they make money. 

I ken South cup is mandatory doesnae mean teams will nae play shadow sides as ye get a hat and a balloon fur winnin it. 

4 later stage games in the Scottish pay a teams wages four a season like Yoker.

should be wan national tournament to replace them aw and 1 regional cup. 

Maybe a league cup if ye go out the other wan in the first 2 roons. 

Just now, Ben10 said:

Pollok were barred fae it, Clydebank and Kilwinning (at least wan will be back in it next year) wouldn’t bet again others when the treasurers clock oan tae where they make money. 

I ken South cup is mandatory doesnae mean teams will nae play shadow sides as ye get a hat and a balloon fur winnin it. 

We talk about the SFA and the leagues an aw that but we need this cup pish sorted. How can ye no get the organisers roon the table put a proposal tae the SFA and stop being wee tadgers - ma cups bigger than your cup? 

9 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Pollok we’re eligible this season and decided not to be in it wisely.

it’s totally devalued,you only have to look at the semi finalists this year and the fact that Yoker got to the final tells you all you need to know about how poor it is now.

1 hour ago, Ben10 said:

The issue wi the imbalance o the fixtures is cos Kenny has missed opportunities tae gie the Talbot midweek fixtures when other teams like Darvel, who hud played mare games, hud fixtures. 
That’s facts. 2 instances o that. There’s a 4 geme swing oan Darvel. Beith went oot tha cups so they’ve hud it plain sailin. 

Canny help the weather but Um guessing 3/4 Saturdays huv been lost tae the weather? 

Talbot have had 8 postponements, 7 due to the weather and 1 where their opponent was playing in the South Cup.

6 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Gates are now split in the SSCC ... although i've no idea what the prize money is this year - Talbot folk implied they got nothing at all from the final but that seems implausible - gate share at least id've thought ??

44 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Gates are now split in the SSCC ... although i've no idea what the prize money is this year - Talbot folk implied they got nothing at all from the final but that seems implausible - gate share at least id've thought ??

I'm led to believe this was true but apparently there is going to be some prize money this season. It still won't match the £12K minimum you get from the SJFA Cup though. Up until the West clubs joined the away clubs did not get a share of the gate money and that changed after one season. (Or was it two as the first season was cut short).