WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

Talbot should have been playing midweek games months ago.

Teams that have played 5 & 6 more than them are getting regular midweek games while Talbot are sitting idle.

Talbot did have midweek games.

Unfortunately they got postponed.

9 minutes ago, Kennie said:

When are the fixtures for the 8th April being released and the fixtures for 29th April, what are they dependent on and so approximately when will they be known?

17 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

When are the fixtures for the 8th April being released and the fixtures for 29th April, what are they dependent on and so approximately when will they be known?

Assume they are waiting to see who’s involved in the semi final and final  of the West. 

19 hours ago, Kennie said:

It's a conspiracy. So that posters have something to moan at you about.

They've even got the weather in on it. 😏😏

On 05/03/2023 at 00:49, theesel1994 said:

He must have read my post as the fixtures have now been filled in. Congratulations Gartcairn on beating Talbot in the West Cup ¼ final as I was sure the 8th April was semi final day..

image.thumb.png.75cd4f942d0ecc117921c378f5ad9d8a.png

19 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

All a bit odd-wonder what happened there?

Exactly what he said in his statement, think he took it due in part to being his hometown club but quickly realised it wasn't for him. I was at the game on Saturday and was around after the game and can guarantee nothing other than that happened.

3 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

He must have read my post as the fixtures have now been filled in. Congratulations Gartcairn on beating Talbot in the West Cup ¼ final as I was sure the 8th April was semi final day..

image.thumb.png.75cd4f942d0ecc117921c378f5ad9d8a.png

Tongue in cheek from you theesel I'm assuming. Talbot are of course due to play Gartcairn in the WoSFL QF on 18th March.

If Talbot win then yes they should be playing a SF on 8th April which would free up Largs and hopefully mean you can play us (Pollok) in the league on that date and avoid us having to extend our season with 2 blank Saturdays before our match at Barrfields!

Edited by archieb

47 minutes ago, archieb said:

Tongue in cheek from you theesel I'm assuming. Talbot are of course due to play Gartcairn in the WoSFL QF on 18th March.

If Talbot win then yes they should be playing a SF on 8th April which would free up Largs and hopefully mean you can play us (Pollok) in the league on that date and avoid us having to extend our season with 2 blank Saturdays before our match at Barrfields!

That would make sense - unless he's wanting the final Saturday of the Premier season to have every team involved. Two weeks wages saved would be a reasonable sum.

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Couldn't see a Peasy thread, but does anyone know if you can take dogs into Petershill Park? Working out where to go today, and have the wee guy with us.

Yep, dogs are allowed in fine, with the obvious caveat that they must be kept on a lead.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Yep, dogs are allowed in fine, with the obvious caveat that they must be kept on a lead.

Cheers. I wouldn't let him off his lead anyway, he'd be in deepest darkest Springburn before I even noticed he was missing :lol: