WoSFL Premier Division thread

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

I have expressed my pure and unadulterated hatred of your team on the Darvel thread. You are already well aware of why I want them to fail. 

Genuine question
Do you and suppose the rest with the same viewpoint as you have, would feel the same if Gall and Kennedy left the Club and did you feel the same way before Each of those lads took over their positions at Darvel. 

Not sure when Gall became chairman but was he in the committee before?
I'm sure Kennedy was manager of Amateurs Colville Park before taking reigns at Darvel

Me personally, doesn't bother me, as I see them as a tiny local club team that has a sugar daddy and it will come to an end and they will eventually revert back to their natural level if and when the money runs out but at least the structure in place will last when they are gone so that is one benefit  

I think everyone on this forum agrees that the Wosfl should be tier 5, and sit above the Lowland. A blind man can see the quality of teams, their infrastructure and fan base should come before the argument, we started it first. The powers that be, need to have a look at this, our cousin's in the East probably agree, the perfect solution for me would be take top four from Lowland, top four from West, top four from East top four from Highland and top two from south, 18 team tier 5, with guaranteed two up two down and playoff for third with SPL2. Now that would be more like the pyramid people desire.

23 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Genuine question
Do you and suppose the rest with the same viewpoint as you have, would feel the same if Gall and Kennedy left the Club and did you feel the same way before Each of those lads took over their positions at Darvel. 

Not sure when Gall became chairman but was he in the committee before?
I'm sure Kennedy was manager of Amateurs Colville Park before taking reigns at Darvel

Me personally, doesn't bother me, as I see them as a tiny local club team that has a sugar daddy and it will come to an end and they will eventually revert back to their natural level if and when the money runs out but at least the structure in place will last when they are gone so that is one benefit  

Must say I was looking at the whole demeanour of the darvel players, mick and John gall yesterday and there was not a single bit of arrogance or ignorance about them at all, I thought they all conducted themselves well even when coming off the park in defeat and through our section of crowd who were going a bit wild In being top of the league now by 7 points  .

5 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

I think everyone on this forum agrees that the Wosfl should be tier 5, and sit above the Lowland. A blind man can see the quality of teams, their infrastructure and fan base should come before the argument, we started it first. The powers that be, need to have a look at this, our cousin's in the East probably agree, the perfect solution for me would be take top four from Lowland, top four from West, top four from East top four from Highland and top two from south, 18 team tier 5, with guaranteed two up two down and playoff for third with SPL2. Now that would be more like the pyramid people desire.

I suspect teams from the East of Scotland would disagree.

Not that I do not wish for more opportunities for promotion.

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Must say I was looking at the whole demeanour of the darvel players, mick and John gall yesterday and there was not a single bit of arrogance or ignorance about them at all, I thought they all conducted themselves well even when coming off the park in defeat and through our section of crowd who were going a bit wild In being top of the league now by 7 points  .

Was  just thinking that there right now after watching that bloggers video on the Beith forum Mick came across really well in his interview on it

If beith win the league them they will get all the same plaudits as any other team being licensed doesn't give you the right to finish top to go into a play off . Looking from the outside of makes us in the West look poor that we still won't have any of our teams moving up the pyramid where in the east apart from linlithgow all their top teams have now got out of tier 6 . Some fans in the West dont want their teams to go up because the way the West league is and most want to wait until it suits them to go when the West tier 6 becomes weaker but reading on here and talking to others it seems to be an East Ayrshire thing that( we dont want to go up ! ) they seem happy with the status quo and the junior cup .

1 minute ago, wow-wee said:

If beith win the league them they will get all the same plaudits as any other team being licensed doesn't give you the right to finish top to go into a play off . Looking from the outside of makes us in the West look poor that we still won't have any of our teams moving up the pyramid where in the east apart from linlithgow all their top teams have now got out of tier 6 . Some fans in the West dont want their teams to go up because the way the West league is and most want to wait until it suits them to go when the West tier 6 becomes weaker but reading on here and talking to others it seems to be an East Ayrshire thing that( we dont want to go up ! ) they seem happy with the status quo and the junior cup .

I think that being promoted just now would be a bit of a downgrade,  our top division is far stronger than the LL and crowd wise what would we be getting in the LL as opposed to playing your Clydebank,  buffs, Talbot's and polloks  , plus loads more travel and often to dreaded astro turf community grounds. 

In say 15 years when lots of our clubs move to the LL it will be strong but the current West premier is real deal and Curry wise we are a restaurant and the LL is a 1980s boil in the bag  effort 

11 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Absolutely no chance as in regards that the WOSFL was late to the party so we have to deal with where we are.  I think the standard WOSFL premier division is higher than the Lowland and I believe the Highland League at tier 5 is of a lower standard of the Lowland, excluding the top 5 teams.

The part in bold, i like but don't think its sustainable for the travelling that's involved for the clubs,  Take the top four of Highland right now, if they were added, Brechin, Brora, Formatine and Buckie and the top four from West alone, Beith, Darvel, Pollok and Auchinleck.  Can you imagine Auchinleck having to travel to Brora or visa versa for a league match, at least 5 hours drive just to go one way and why should the highland league teams travel 66% of the time down south,  do the North Juniors or Tayside leagues currently at tier 6 not have a say, a few of them are  a good standard.  The pyramid has to be equal, location wise, to give all lower teams a fair crack at the whip.  There are so many implication of the pyramid but think we are all in agreement that the SPFL have have at least 2 automatic relegation places 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

My thoughts aswell ... Hurlford fit into this category aswell albeit they are well on their way to completing the circle.

8 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I think that being promoted just now would be a bit of a downgrade,  our top division is far stronger than the LL and crowd wise what would we be getting in the LL as opposed to playing your Clydebank,  buffs, Talbot's and polloks  , plus loads more travel and often to dreaded astro turf community grounds. 

In say 15 years when lots of our clubs move to the LL it will be strong but the current West premier is real deal and Curry wise we are a restaurant and the LL is a 1980s boil in the bag  effort 

100% agree on everything you say but someone has to start the progression of teams going I would like the buffs to go soon as but we're t the wrong end of the table for that to happen.

30 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

If beith win the league them they will get all the same plaudits as any other team being licensed doesn't give you the right to finish top to go into a play off . Looking from the outside of makes us in the West look poor that we still won't have any of our teams moving up the pyramid where in the east apart from linlithgow all their top teams have now got out of tier 6 .

Some fans in the West dont want their teams to go up because the way the West league is and most want to wait until it suits them to go when the West tier 6 becomes weaker but reading on here and talking to others it seems to be an East Ayrshire thing that( we dont want to go up ! ) they seem happy with the status quo and the junior cup .

But that's our fault in the West, the committees are to blame, listening to the Junior hierarchy years ago asking them to stay put and also not thinking about their future.  Not one club in the West who has an SFA license is in regret about getting it, in fact every one of these teams believe it was the best thing they have done.  Those are the main reason why the EOSFL teams are ahead in their structures regarding SFA license etc..

The second part in bold, Some fans    The clubs/fans vote/put committees in place as in most fans don't look/see the future or potential that their club has, they want the here and now, so in reality its the committee and chairmen are the ones who make the club progress or go backwards.  I've never heard of any ballot or secret ballot from fans to vote against their club moving up to the Lowland League if they win both premier league and playoff

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 26/02/2023 at 14:39, mike strutter said:

My thoughts aswell ... Hurlford fit into this category aswell albeit they are well on their way to completing the circle.

Hurlford are a bigger club than Darvel years back with size of fans etc.. but they did the 'sugar daddy way' back in 99/00 season. Think it was 91/92 season their stadium was vandalized and burnt down or summit like that and for those 8 odd years, Hurlford usually finished bottom of Ayrshire second division. Then some guy became chairman who owned a couple of big businesses and hotel or hotels and ploughed money in to get the manager he wanted, John Crawford, (won the Junior cup with Largs Thistle) and then the manager with money in hand bought  a lot of known players to get into the top division. Hurlford lasted a few years in the premier and not too sure what happened but I know there was another resurgence in Hurlford and at the time the big spenders in 99/00 season was Kilwinning and Glenafton.  Scottish football goes in stages for clubs, every so often a club or clubs in their divisional leagues will be run well and do well or some will get big handouts of money and do well via that route.   There is also big spenders that don't do well at all, this happens as well

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Darvel will end up stuck in the LL (maybe after promotion/relegation to/from, League 2). Is that their natural position minus sugar daddy?

52 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

A blind man can see the quality of teams, their infrastructure

The East and West Superlegues each had 6 different champions during their time. On entering the pyramid all but Bo'ness United were licenced after their 1st season. Before anything else you can't really argue the infrastructure side. As licencing has been the standard for progressing through the pyramid for 10+ years. Maybe tick off those boxes before supplanting leagues on your eyeball test. 

Year 0 - Linlithgow Rose

One season - Kelty Hearts, Bonnyrigg Rose, Lochee United, Tayport, Auchinleck Talbot, Irvine Meadow

Two seasons - Bo'ness United, Pollok, Kilwinning Rangers

Three seasons & potentially counting - Beith, Glenafton Athletic

28 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

If the LL really is weaker than the WoS, then surely any promoted WoS side will win the league with ease. With a bit of luck in the play-offs, they'll only be in the LL for one season.

On 26/02/2023 at 14:57, theesel1994 said:

Darvel will end up stuck in the LL (maybe after promotion/relegation to/from, League 2). Is that their natural position minus sugar daddy?

Not for any of us to say, we can only think where they will end up but without money and only their small fan base, I'd heads bets that they will be a team tinkering between the WOSFL premier division and the WOSFL First Division.  It all depends who is running the club without a sugar daddy and how good the club us run

19 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The East and West Superlegues each had 6 different champions during their time. On entering the pyramid all but Bo'ness United were licenced after their 1st season. Before anything else you can't really argue the infrastructure side. As licencing has been the standard for progressing through the pyramid for 10+ years. Maybe tick off those boxes before supplanting leagues on your eyeball test. 

Year 0 - Linlithgow Rose

One season - Kelty Hearts, Bonnyrigg Rose, Lochee United, Tayport, Auchinleck Talbot, Irvine Meadow

Two seasons - Bo'ness United, Pollok, Kilwinning Rangers

Three seasons & potentially counting - Beith, Glenafton Athletic

It was just a suggestion at what tier 5 could possibly look like, it would be a cracking league, though I understand it won't happen. When pyramid was first discussed, traveling was deemed as part and parcel of the pyramid. I just feel it's going to take years before every team finds their level, due to the unfair amount of promotion places available to progress up the league's. There's simply no need for 4 leagues in Scotland playing each other 4 times a season, it's stale and more places must become available for ambitious teams to progress

2 hours ago, wow-wee said:

And the Big Scottish Cup.

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

It was just a suggestion at what tier 5 could possibly look like, it would be a cracking league, though I understand it won't happen. When pyramid was first discussed, traveling was deemed as part and parcel of the pyramid. I just feel it's going to take years before every team finds their level, due to the unfair amount of promotion places available to progress up the league's. There's simply no need for 4 leagues in Scotland playing each other 4 times a season, it's stale and more places must become available for ambitious teams to progress

We can all come up with different ways to change Tier 5 or above. It's what a lot of the non-league forum topics descend into. Especially during the early rounds of the Scottish Cup.

It isn't going to change without 1) more licenced clubs 2) more T6 clubs getting promoted.

4 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I want to see my club at the highest tier possible so its certainly not a downgrade. I feared the potential for clubs to stagnate the progress. Perhaps the west prem should be licensed only (with fair notice period of say 2 years?)?