WoSFL Premier Division thread

Camby look odds on to go down along with Petershill who are actually playing better football the last few weeks. Regards the other relegation places u have to think that McGinty will pull Cumnock up the table but anyone below there are definately in the mix.

Anyone at the Cambuslang game today? Their fan interaction on social media is poor as with them being my local team I always like to see the line up and match reports/highlights when away working.

9 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.931b1154b2629f7697f407ef1eb167c3.png

image.png.5c6f6fbd08a08d483731800f20ff613f.png

Bottom of the league is incredibly tight with oy 9 points between cambuslang and glenafton in 9th, with a couple of teams on free fall it could all change very quickly win a couple if wins and they will jump up the league.  

can anyone explain why 5 teams are highlighted for relegation? I know is it is possible for 4 to go down depending on lowland league relegation and no team getting promoted but why 5? 

11 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Bottom of the league is incredibly tight with oy 9 points between cambuslang and glenafton in 9th, with a couple of teams on free fall it could all change very quickly win a couple if wins and they will jump up the league.  

can anyone explain why 5 teams are highlighted for relegation? I know is it is possible for 4 to go down depending on lowland league relegation and no team getting promoted but why 5? 

3 down, plus the potential of 2 down from the LL.

The table is from wikipedia. When in dark/night mode the shading difference isn't as obvious.

image.png.99c633e60aadcf55e4aaa646251ea2e8.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

14 minutes ago, beithboy said:

I could be wrong on this but I think this is how it works:

-Bottom two guaranteed relegation

-Extra team relegated if WoS side loses playoff v EoS side

-Extra team or two relegated if bottom two in Lowland League go down and both go to the WoS (0-2 relegation spots in Lowland League depending on promotion/relegation between League Two and Highland/Lowland League). It won't be two sides going to the WoS this year as Edinburgh Uni will be one of the bottom two. Dalbeattie Star expected to go to the South if they get relegated although I'm not sure if that's 100% confirmed.

Edited by stanley

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

3 down, plus the potential of 2 down from the LL.

The table is from wikipedia. When in dark/night mode the shading difference isn't as obvious.

image.png.99c633e60aadcf55e4aaa646251ea2e8.png

Ok I thought it was only one down from lowland league as only one team gets promoted 

11 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Ok I thought it was only one down from lowland league as only one team gets promoted 

The Lowland League sticks to 16 full members (as many colts as they like as long as they bring 💰).

As the SPFL2 Playoff can see the Highland champion promoted, with Club 42 relegated to the Lowland League. That means the Lowland League has to relegate 2 teams.

It's a rare circumstance. Only happened once so far, Cove promoted with Berwick relegated.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

44 minutes ago, stanley said:

I could be wrong on this but I think this is how it works:

-Bottom two guaranteed relegation

-Extra team relegated if WoS side loses playoff v EoS side

-Extra team or two relegated if bottom two in Lowland League go down and both go to the WoS (0-2 relegation spots in Lowland League depending on promotion/relegation between League Two and Highland/Lowland League). It won't be two sides going to the WoS this year as Edinburgh Uni will be one of the bottom two. Dalbeattie Star expected to go to the South if they get relegated although I'm not sure if that's 100% confirmed.

Not quite correct. The bottom 3 are automatically relegated from the West Premier. 3rd bottom is spared relegation only if the winner is promoted to the Lowland League and the team being relegated goes into the East or South.

Dalbeattie's other options? Can't see them going into the West. Imo they would have a much better chance of winning the South.

Bottom of the LL for reference.

Screenshot_20230205_103131_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Dalbeattie's other options? Can't see them going into the West. Imo they would have a much better chance of winning the South.

Dalbeattie are down for the South. The people on Dalbeattie's committee still have quite close links with the running of the South. Pretty sure at least the Treasurer of the league, and local FAs is a Dalbeattie committee member.

5 hours ago, beithboy said:

Until it is mathematically impossible for two WOS area teams (EK, OG Broomhill, Caley Braves, Cumbernauld Colts) in the LL to go down then there's still a chance 12th in each division could be relegated. But in reality Dalbeattie/Edinburgh Uni aren't going to make up 30 points so in a few games 12th in the WOS will be safe from relegation.

Edited by Ginaro

14 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Camby look odds on to go down along with Petershill who are actually playing better football the last few weeks. Regards the other relegation places u have to think that McGinty will pull Cumnock up the table but anyone below there are definately in the mix.

Anyone at the Cambuslang game today? Their fan interaction on social media is poor as with them being my local team I always like to see the line up and match reports/highlights when away working.

I was there, but I don't have the line-up for you, sorry. Thoroughly deserved win for Camby imo, they didn't look like a team rock bottom of their division at all.

It looks highly unlikely that any team will be relegated from the Lowland League into the WoSFL this season, so for this season it is highly likely that it will be three down from the Premier, First and Second Divisions, or only two down if the WoSFL Champions win the promotion play-offs. (Remember that it's not just the Premier Division that it affects, it cascades down through all the leagues.)

10 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It looks highly unlikely that any team will be relegated from the Lowland League into the WoSFL this season, so for this season it is highly likely that it will be three down from the Premier, First and Second Divisions, or only two down if the WoSFL Champions win the promotion play-offs. (Remember that it's not just the Premier Division that it affects, it cascades down through all the leagues.)

A couple of clubs last season twiddling their thumbs for a couple of months waiting on Darvel in play-off as their own season had ended. Not knowing which Division they'd be in.

5 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

A couple of clubs last season twiddling their thumbs for a couple of months waiting on Darvel in play-off as their own season had ended. Not knowing which Division they'd be in.

Hardly a couple of months, the play-offs are straight after the scheduled end of the league season.

59 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Hardly a couple of months, the play-offs are straight after the scheduled end of the league season.

I'm talking about Port Glasgow and Renfrew (I think from a very poor memory). Their season ended and then had to wait to see what happened at the top of the Premier - if Darvel were leaving or staying.

In the past there have been similar situations without even having to worry about a play-off outcome - some seasons there were teams with a fixture backlog who were still playing to late May or even June, while a team above them finished a month or two earlier and has to wait.