WoSFL Premier Division thread

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not quite 1:1 but looking further off the pace compared to this time last year. Darvel at least are out of the SCC & SJC with no WoSFL Cup to worry about, so it shouldn't be as chaotic as last season for them.

Should really be one or two midweek matchdays in August/September like the EOS, as there's always more postponed games with the west's weather. And Talbot's lack of game on 20th August with the SCC clash needs to be avoided by Kennie next time or played in midweek - though they are out of the Junior Cup which will help.

Also, I notice Cambuslang have been deducted 3 points after playing a suspended player on the opening day, presumably delayed because of their appeal. Not sure how they missed it as it was clearly listed in the suspensions PDF.

Should be plenty of midweek games now that the bad weather has set in, plenty of p-p recently. The lights are up, now switch on ! Wonder if the Scots have many restrictions on light usage, how many games or how late they can stay on etc. ( several down south I think)  Should be a good 2nd half of the season, see who can make a late push.

36 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What do you mean? I meant if any were off yet or looked doubtful.

The normal rules are that the decisions are made by a certain time on the day of the match. Due to the extreme freeze over the past few weeks the WoSFL allowed those decisions to be brought forward if clubs felt their pitches had no chance of being playable due to being frozen.