WoSFL Premier Division thread

On 09/10/2022 at 17:29, Thejackdaw said:

Hope Kevin has a speedy recovery however the bankies fans can't be taking the moral high ground here, it wasn't that long ago during a beith v Clydebank game at bellsdale that the bankies fans continued to mock a guy who's now your current player- Larry McMahon- who was laid down with a serious injury , the shouts and continuous mocking of the boy when he was clearly crocked was sickening from a good majority In the top shed - in fact so much so that your own management staff had to plea with you all to put an end to it  and still it continued even when the boy was having to be carried off the pitch  .

Larry was obviously so traumatised by it that he signed for Clydebank 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

A very tight league where everyone can beat everyone else on their day. Who would have thought Peasy would have ran Darvel so close or Hurlford would loose to the Lang at home. 

One issue I am starting to see is that there is still too many cups and it stops clubs gaining momentum. out of our last 4 games (including next week) we will have only played 1 league game.

7 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

A very tight league where everyone can beat everyone else on their day. Who would have thought Peasy would have ran Darvel so close or Hurlford would loose to the Lang at home. 

One issue I am starting to see is that there is still too many cups and it stops clubs gaining momentum. out of our last 4 games (including next week) we will have only played 1 league game.

Maybe, but one of those cup games was the postponed South Challenge Cup second round, and you missed a league game on 22nd October as Troon were playing their delayed Junior Cup game.

42 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe, but one of those cup games was the postponed South Challenge Cup second round, and you missed a league game on 22nd October as Troon were playing their delayed Junior Cup game.

Fair point, just the way it works out I suppose, league is more important than cup games and they seem to be cropping up on a more regular basis recently. I suppose 3 is not too bad.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Couldn't follow this league with radar.

Just 3 points now separate top 9 teams! Talbot right back in it after pumping the Buffs 6-0.

Didn't expect Darvel to lose to Largs tonight and anyone can beat anyone in this league at the moment!

My team Meadow going really well since Grierson took over and making us hard to beat now!20221109_220842.thumb.jpg.1a4e3c3f4cd4315a187ba45a2adef34e.jpg

1 hour ago, AM-1 said:

Any truth in the rumour Tam McGaughey off to Cambuslang from Arthurlie? Also heard that Cambys goalie Wilson is attracting interest from a few big sides.

Away to Neilston as far as I know.