WoSFL Premier Division thread

4 hours ago, archieb said:

Is it possible to restrict sales through Fanbase to one set of fans and not the other, or to neutrals? 

I should think they would have to find a way as Pollok should have to set aside a certain % for travelling fans. If you don't do that what is to stop clubs from not selling to away supporters by going all ticket and only selling to their fans making games a mockery (BTW not suggesting Pollok are doing that in any way just giving an example) 

It such as shame as the first competitive Pollok v Arthurlie game at Newlandsfield for several years would have been well attended by fans of both sides and now potentially only a small number of visiting fans will get the chance.

Also just to add in response to Paul's point above its all well and good saying it was communicated through social media but plenty of people don't use that and there are plenty of fans who don't like or want to buy tickets online.

I feel for Pollok as it is not of their own doing but they need to do a better job or the league needs to step in to ensure that away fans get a fair allocation. 

1 hour ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Ticket sales were communicated to Clydebank fans the same way it was communicated to Pollok fans. Via social media. Nothing was stopping them buying tickets on fanbase the same as Pollok fans did.

All they had to was say that it was being done that way then?

So keen to communicate game one but not game two? Why change it and not communicate it. It’s now my understanding that they contacted Bankies for game one but not game two. I don’t understand why.

47 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

What's the story with tickets for pollok Talbot as I think the game could attract more than 1k if it was pay at the gate

You need to have a license. License says 900 capacity which in the Big City means you stick to it.  If there is some Ayrshire bye law around that let me know. 

I am struggling with this concept of pay on the day boosts attendance.  Surely the longer tickets are available the more likely you are to sell out!?

6 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Well plenty bankies seemed to manage to make their way to Newlandsfield despite the apparent shambles and poor communication.
Hope they enjoyed their day as much as I did emoji1787.png

We encouraged our fans to purchase through Fanbase although not all by any manner are actually registered through the App. Some folk did turn up to PATG but the implication from Social Media was that there were very limited spaces so many just didn't go along ( lucky them ). Difference with Cup game was there was communication between the clubs for that but we were left a bit in the dark about what was happening yesterday at first. It's early days re the licence but as crowds at Newlandsfield seem to be holding up well, I trust the club will settle on a plan and make it widely known. 

image.png.4bf1008ecb23dab3c8368fcf26819025.png

image.png.86f77a0cfb43e038bcbb32b3f3fa4193.png

Good day at the office for Darvel with a resounding win for themselves & the points being shared in the Pollok-Talbot game. Sets up a big game next week between the top two. Hurlford's unbeaten league start comes to an end.

image.png.4bf1008ecb23dab3c8368fcf26819025.png

image.png.86f77a0cfb43e038bcbb32b3f3fa4193.png

Good day at the office for Darvel with a resounding win for themselves & the points being shared in the Pollok-Talbot game. Sets up a big game next week between the top two. Hurlford's unbeaten league start comes to an end.
I hate to say it but I hope Cumnock beat Darvel donnt know why but I never thought I would say that mind u the chronicle would have a good story for a change [emoji38] [emoji1787] [emoji23] [emoji81]

3 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

I hate to say it but I hope Cumnock beat Darvel donnt know why but I never thought I would say that mind u the chronicle would have a good story for a change emoji38.png emoji1787.png emoji23.png emoji81.png

They dont play Cumnock next week...

Screenshot_20221002_032301.thumb.jpg.8ca7a493b895c4728f93f769ddc3d72e.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

What is it they say - f**k around, find out...

Don't know what his problem is with KRR and he is obviously an absolute bawbag but what did he do that warranted a yellow card. He didn't leave the field of play and he didn't take his jersey off

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't know what his problem is with KRR and he is obviously an absolute bawbag but what did he do that warranted a yellow card. He didn't leave the field of play and he didn't take his jersey off

Celebration of a goal

A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:

• acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way

He got his first yellow for sliding in late on the goalie (3:40 in the video). Before the winning goal he was standing in front of the dugouts (6:20) so must've been having a chat with the KRR manager.

On 25/09/2022 at 00:55, Arthurlie1981 said:

I should think they would have to find a way as Pollok should have to set aside a certain % for travelling fans. If you don't do that what is to stop clubs from not selling to away supporters by going all ticket and only selling to their fans making games a mockery (BTW not suggesting Pollok are doing that in any way just giving an example) 

It such as shame as the first competitive Pollok v Arthurlie game at Newlandsfield for several years would have been well attended by fans of both sides and now potentially only a small number of visiting fans will get the chance.

Also just to add in response to Paul's point above its all well and good saying it was communicated through social media but plenty of people don't use that and there are plenty of fans who don't like or want to buy tickets online.

I feel for Pollok as it is not of their own doing but they need to do a better job or the league needs to step in to ensure that away fans get a fair allocation. 

Bad enough away fans having problems getting into Newlandsfield but a whole other group Pollok rely on to boost the numbers will walk when tickets are mentioned.

There can be far more neutrals than away fans at a lot of Pollok games.

200/300 punters say at £9 a time is a lot to lose.

21 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Maybe his problem is same as anyone else who plays rob roy n knows there manager is a bawbag and hes quick 2 give it out but doesnt like it when people give it back similar 2 pollok manager murdo mckinnon 

Mon the papers 

On 03/10/2022 at 09:39, PossilYM said:

Bad enough away fans having problems getting into Newlandsfield but a whole other group Pollok rely on to boost the numbers will walk when tickets are mentioned.

There can be far more neutrals than away fans at a lot of Pollok games.

200/300 punters say at £9 a time is a lot to lose.

This is nonsense.

Despite there now being a capacity limit (just under 900), this is substantially more than Pollok's typical attendance figure (between 500-600) so only a handful of games will reach that maximum and potentially shut out latecomers/ non ticket holders.

And the electronic tickets that can be purchased in advance via Fanbase are available to everyone, home fans, away fans and neutrals alike.

8 hours ago, archieb said:

This is nonsense.

Despite there now being a capacity limit (just under 900), this is substantially more than Pollok's typical attendance figure (between 500-600) so only a handful of games will reach that maximum and potentially shut out latecomers/ non ticket holders.

And the electronic tickets that can be purchased in advance via Fanbase are available to everyone, home fans, away fans and neutrals alike.

Is it though? I know at least one Talbot supporter who didn't travel as he got told there probably wouldn't be tickets available at the gate. He's of the older generation so logging on and buying a ticket wasn't an option. He wouldn't be paying £9 as a concession anyway but the fact remains that a trip to Newlandsfield for a Talbot match is now going to have this issue. Is there no sign of a change to the capacity @cmontheloknow?

Edited by jimbaxters

15 hours ago, archieb said:

This is nonsense.

Perhaps but it may put people off travelling on the day when they aren't guaranteed to get in. Is there the chance that a supporters club could bulk buy as a portion of our supporters clubs may not be able to purchase online if it is determined to be a high demand game.

To go further, this process could exclude those without bank accounts or with no or limited access to internet. I actually thought the original idea of giving tickets to visiting clubs to sell was a better and fairer idea. As I said earlier this is not all Pollok's fault but at the same time there must be a better way of dealing with this.

BTW how does the club determine a high demand game and what happens if a non high demand game reaches capacity with say a large unexpected walk up crowd?

On 01/10/2022 at 23:59, allyg1977 said:

I hate to say it but I hope Cumnock beat Darvel donnt know why but I never thought I would say that mind u the chronicle would have a good story for a change emoji38.png emoji1787.png emoji23.png emoji81.png

Cumnock have already beat Darvel this season, you must have missed that weeks Chronicle