WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Also, the WoSFL Constitition and Rules clause B1 states that "All Clubs must be committed to the principles of the Scottish FA Quality Mark, National Club Licensing, and the Scottish Football Pyramid."

thanks for the informed response on the matter mate  👍

Edited by Fear no foe

6 hours ago, not man of the match said:

What’s the deal with Pollok v Bankies tickets tomorrow? Why is a different system in place from two weeks ago?

3 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Not according to twitter earlier. Just curious as to why the arrangements differ and hope that arriving on time will be good enough.

Differences are almost certainly because tomorrow's match is a WoSFLeague game and the match scheduled for 2 weeks ago was a South Challenge Cup tie.

Or possibly due to lessons learned over the last 2 ticketed fixtures vs Beith and Huntly.

Edited by archieb

24 minutes ago, DellScot said:

Shambles for teams like Pollok,  losing so much freedom in what they can do,  welcome to the weird and wonderful world of 'senior' football. 

Surely it's only a matter of time till Pollok go 'co ntactless' at the pie stall..

yet another weird quirk in the world of senior football

9 hours ago, archieb said:

Differences are almost certainly because tomorrow's match is a WoSFLeague game and the match scheduled for 2 weeks ago was a South Challenge Cup tie.

Or possibly due to lessons learned over the last 2 ticketed fixtures vs Beith and Huntly.

Don’t see why the competition would matter to be honest however it appears to have been poorly communictated to Clydebank who in turn have had little to communicate to their own fans, unlike the postponed game.

All for learning lessons as clubs try different things but communication should always be priority to those who part with their hard earned cash.

1 hour ago, Truck Turner said:

Is that the sound of Clydebank moaning?

Buy a ticket get down and watch the biggest show in town today. (Still ragin my Scotland ticket feel through)

It’s a valid question. 

Unable to purchase a ticket.

Edited by not man of the match

1 hour ago, not man of the match said:

Don’t see why the competition would matter to be honest however it appears to have been poorly communictated to Clydebank who in turn have had little to communicate to their own fans, unlike the postponed game.

All for learning lessons as clubs try different things but communication should always be priority to those who part with their hard earned cash.

I agree with you on the importance of clear communication but, ironically, as you have only mentioned "differences" and not communicated what those differences were, I'm not really sure what you're referring to.

3 hours ago, archieb said:

I agree with you on the importance of clear communication but, ironically, as you have only mentioned "differences" and not communicated what those differences were, I'm not really sure what you're referring to.

Clydebank were given tickets to sell for one game but not the other. I stupidly expected the same again.

Pollok in total control on the park, sadly.l!

2 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Clydebank were given tickets to sell for one game but not the other. I stupidly expected the same again.

I find it bizarre that pollok are selling tickets to the away fans? How can they know they are selling to away fans and not just to random people or their own support who missed out on tickets? Shouldn’t it be up to the visiting teams to decide how their tickets are distributed? 

Something needs to be done about this. 

5 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Thanks for the clarification.

I've not been involved in the ticketing process but it's my understanding that the provision of paper tickets was intended to be an interim arrangement for high-demand matches until sales through Fanbase became established.

3 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I find it bizarre that pollok are selling tickets to the away fans? How can they know they are selling to away fans and not just to random people or their own support who missed out on tickets? Shouldn’t it be up to the visiting teams to decide how their tickets are distributed? 

Something needs to be done about this. 

Is it possible to restrict sales through Fanbase to one set of fans and not the other, or to neutrals? 

Ticket sales were communicated to Clydebank fans the same way it was communicated to Pollok fans. Via social media. Nothing was stopping them buying tickets on fanbase the same as Pollok fans did.

14 hours ago, DellScot said:

Shambles for teams like Pollok,  losing so much freedom in what they can do,  welcome to the weird and wonderful world of 'senior' football. 

This is fair comment actually, even though it's trolling. Imagine working hard to get the licence on the back of a promise of future advancement within the Scottish game, only to be faced with having to scratch about making a league game all ticket. A right kick in the cahoonas! Feel sorry for Pollok.