WoSFL Premier Division thread

After contact with James Latta and Colin Spence, the club have accepted their offer to resign. We would like to thank them for their hard work in both a Meadow shirt and as management team and wish them all the very best for the future.

Irvine Meadow Committee

7 hours ago, beithboy said:

So you have attended every game this season so far………..didn’t think so.  

I've certainly missed a few games due to work commitments but newlandsfield under the lights on a Friday night  or the cinema?

A no brainer for me but guess we are all different I suppose .

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this question has been raised before. What would happen if winners of WOSFL (if licenced) declined participation in the Lowland League playoffs.

I know it states in the constitution that all clubs must be committed to the principles of the Scottish Football pyramid.

IMO the principles of the current pyramid structure with B teams and one promotion & relegation spot are not very appealing. 

Not something my team will need to worry about for some time but what say if Talbot win the league this year and they    didn't  fancy leaving the set up below on the right for the set up on the left?

image.thumb.png.8e1fe67598baea2de67794902965a9a5.png

Every club signs a declaration at the initial application for Scottish FA Licensing that they will commit to the principles of the pyramid system. Any refusal to accept promotion would be referred to the Scottish FA Board as a potential failure to comply with the Membership Criteria and could lead to withdrawal of the club's Scottish FA Membership.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Every club signs a declaration at the initial application for Scottish FA Licensing that they will commit to the principles of the pyramid system. Any refusal to accept promotion would be referred to the Scottish FA Board as a potential failure to comply with the Membership Criteria and could lead to withdrawal of the club's Scottish FA Membership.

57 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Also, the WoSFL Constitition and Rules clause B1 states that "All Clubs must be committed to the principles of the Scottish FA Quality Mark, National Club Licensing, and the Scottish Football Pyramid."

All seems watertight to me!