WoSFL Premier Division thread

17 minutes ago, Stants1902 said:
23 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:
Anyone know what the following clubs are charging for entry this season:
Auchinleck Talbot, Cambuslang Rangers, Darvel, Glenafton Athletic, Kilwinning Rangers, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy and Petershill.
Arthurlie are charging £7/£4
Pollok are charging £9/£5
It is £8/£4 at Beith Juniors, Clydebank, Cumnock Juniors, Hurlford United, Irvine Meadow X1, Largs Thistle and Troon.

The club pages on the wosfl site now has admission prices on them for all premier clubs, still being updated for the rest of the league over this weekend

Every page I click on on the site jumps to the bottom of the page and I have to scroll back up to the top to get the menus. Don't know if its just me or a bug on the site but its really annoying and borderline unusable

it jumps to the facebook feed part which is broken so I think that's whats causing it

Edited by Wile E Coyote

14 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Every page I click on on the site jumps to the bottom of the page and I have to scroll back up to the top to get the menus. Don't know if its just me or a bug on the site but its really annoying and borderline unusable

it jumps to the facebook feed part which is broken so I think that's whats causing it

It's not just you - it's the advertising (I assume) that is causing it. I notice when I use Google Chrome browser I don't have the problem and I use ad-blocker on that browser. But most of the time I use Edge that doesn't have ad-blocker and get this frustrating jump every-single-page.

EDIT : I get it on Pie and Bovril as well to a lesser extent. I'm just about to click on something, the page will jump and I'll have clicked on something else.

Edited by theesel1994

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I kind of find it symmetrical that our first win back in the premier came against the team that relegated us!!

Have you guys managed to keep the same squad as last season? Saw you at the end of the year last season and you looked a good team, hopefully kick on now and do ok 👍 

Went to see Largs v Rob Roy yesterday. Rob Roy the slightly better side in a fairly tight first half. Largs came out fighting in the 2nd half and were looking the better team until Kirky scored their 2nd then it was all one way traffic after that. Rob Roy's centre backs strolled it.

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Went to see Largs v Rob Roy yesterday. Rob Roy the slightly better side in a fairly tight first half. Largs came out fighting in the 2nd half and were looking the better team until Kirky scored their 2nd then it was all one way traffic after that. Rob Roy's centre backs strolled it.

Really great start to season for Rabs who I thought would struggle but not yet it seems. 

Can some one explain why there could be 5 teams possibly going down? my understanding was it was 3 automatic and possibly 4 if the champions don't win the play off and the bottom team from the lowland league comes to the west ( i get it might only be two down if our champions win the play off and the bottom lowland league team goes to east/north/south)

Edited by beithboy

49 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Can some one explain why there could be 5 teams possibly going down? my understanding was it was 3 automatic and possibly 4 if the champions don't win the play off and the bottom team from the lowland league comes to the west ( i get it might only be two down if our champions win the play off and the bottom lowland league team goes to east/north/south)

Can only assume if the LL gain a team coming down (and nobody going up) and need to relegate 2 to even things, best guess lol

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

The Lowland League has the potential to relegate two sides.

So WoS Champion fails in promotion, two down from the LL = 5 down from the WoS Premier.

An incredibly unlikely scenario. As it requires the HL champion to win the SPFL Playoff with the Lowland gaining a side (possible) and bottom two of the LL being clubs designated for the WoSFL (not so possible) and the WoS champion failing to win promotion.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

41 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Lowland League has the potential to relegate two sides.

So WoS Champion fails in promotion, two down from the LL = 5 down from the WoS Premier.

An incredibly unlikely scenario. As it requires the HL champion to to win the SPFL Playoff with the Lowland gaining a side (possible) and bottom two of the LL being clubs designated for the WoSFL (not so possible) and the WoS champion failing to win promotion.

Well put cheers

I much prefer the EoS's approach with regards promotion and relegation depending on net losses / gains from the Lowland. The WoS's leaves so many clubs in limbo and feels a lot messier.
What is the East approach?

Luckily the bottom 5 of Lowland League are all East / South teams. The two poorest West teams in Cumbernauld Colts and Open Goal Broomhill look like will pick up enough points to be away from bottom two so should be 3 or 2 down from West of Scotland Football League Premier Division.

Just now, Shannon said:

What is the East approach?

Luckily the bottom 5 are all East / South teams. The two poorest West teams in Cumbernauld Colts and Open Goal Broomhill look like will pick up enough points to be away from bottom two so should be 3 up / 3 down to 2 up / 2 down.

net gain of 2 = 3 down / 3 up. Would run as 18 EoS Premier the following season getting back down to 16.

net gain of 1 = 4 down/3 up

no gains or losses = 3 down / 3 up

net loss of 1 = 3 down / 4 up

If there is a net gain of just one, an extra team is relegated in each division. If there is a net loss of one, an extra team is promoted in each division.

If there is a net gain of two, no change to the standard, the Premier will go with 18 and relegate an extra two the following season.

(The standard is three up, three down. Except for between divisions 2 & 3 where Division 2 is currently 18 and Division 3 is currently 10 so the standard there is relegating four and promoting only two this season.)

net gain of 2 = 3 down / 3 up. Would run as 18 EoS Premier the following season getting back down to 16.
net gain of 1 = 4 down/3 up
no gains or losses = 3 down / 3 up
net loss of 1 = 3 down / 4 up
Beat me to it!

Do the teams coming down have a choice of where they go? for example if Dalbeattie star stay at the bottom of the lowland league and are relegated can they choose to go to west region rather than back to south league where they came from?  with a couple of teams already defected to the west (Threave, Bonnyton) they might see the west region as a more prosperous league bigger crowds etc.