WoSFL Premier Division thread

6 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Look it’s easy to sign players when ur offering top  money which darvel are but u need to make sure they have the right attitude and character to go along with it , that’s down to the manager and he needs credit for signing the type of player to  go with his ambitions and these players have shown they have the right attitude or they wouldn’t have went on the run they have , don’t be kidded Talbot , pollok etc have really good budgets and because darvel have the biggest one doesn’t mean to say they will win the league , im Sure guardiola was brought to Man City to win champions league given the biggest budget and it’s no happened , it’s no easy to win things and he deserves all the credit for building the squad he has with the correct character 

Mick and pep in same sentence lol thats nearly as bad as the changing rooms better than wembley post hahaha. 

Mon the papers

Edited by passbackdave
Spelling mistake

8 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

The biggest budget in the league doesn't guarantee you success. Plenty of examples over the years of teams spending a fortune and not achieving much.

The top flights been a two horse race for donkeys years exactly because of this reason.

On 05/05/2022 at 17:48, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Think genuinely you’ve overstretched this year with the junior cup etc just being a bit more than your squad could take. Talbot are a quality side and will always be contenders at this level if the recruitment persists. 

It was a massive season this year for every club and I think the number of games has really taken its toll on most.

Auchinleck have given it everything on all fronts and frankly can still have an outstanding season separately from the league!

10 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Champions no that it surprises me and for Michael Kennedy to come up To me and say give my medal To ur mum says everything about the man , wonderful moment and one I will never forget 

Nice touch from the much maligned Mr Kennedy. Happy for guys like yourself, enjoy your night. 

Congratulations Darvel, a reward for those who have been around the club before recent times.Dont think any club would turn down financial help - just IF and when that may run out. Out of interest,what sort of support could they attract in the area ? Mainly cos I don't see many att records in the wosfl, that's all. Enjoy the party🍻