WoSFL Premier Division thread

5 minutes ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Apologies if it’s been missed - is there a guide to how the Premier winners’ playoffs will work? Had a look on the promotion/relegation guide on WoSL website but couldn’t see anything

There's going to be the three Tier 6 champions that contest a round robin playoff. Each champion gets one home game and one away. The order of who goes where is determined by a random draw.

Dates are: Saturday 21st May / Midweek Wednesday 25th May / Saturday 28th May.

It will work like a mini-league. 3 pts for win, 2pts for a win on penalties after a draw, 1 pt for a draw. Highest point total wins promotion, with the usual tie breakers used if required.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-2020.pdf

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's going to be the three Tier 6 champions that contest a round robin playoff. Each champion gets one home game and one away. The order of who goes where is determined by a random draw.

Dates are: Saturday 21st May / Midweek Wednesday 25th May / Saturday 28th May.

It will work like a mini-league. 3 pts for win, 2pts for a win on penalties after a draw, 1 pt for a draw. Highest point total wins promotion, with the usual tie breakers used if required.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Lower-Pyramid-play-off-rules-2020.pdf

I heard last Friday that the home/away arrangements are WoS v EoS, EoS vSoS and SoS v WoS. Unfortunately I can't back it up as I only see the guy at games, he's not on social media,  or I would ask him where he got it, but he's pretty reliable. TBH, I would be doubtful whether the random draw had been made yet.
Edit - apparently it came from somebody at St Cuthberts.

Edited by The Mantis

20 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I heard last Friday that the home/away arrangements are WoS v EoS, EoS vSoS and SoS v WoS. Unfortunately I can't back it up as I only see the guy at games, he's not on social media,  or I would ask him where he got it, but he's pretty reliable. TBH, I would be doubtful whether the random draw had been made yet.

That arrangement will depend on whether it is Darvel or Auchinleck as WoS champions, as Talbot have their SCC final on the first date. 

57 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

That arrangement will depend on whether it is Darvel or Auchinleck as WoS champions, as Talbot have their SCC final on the first date. 

Yeah - I’m just quoting who’s getting the home ties, didn’t mean to imply that was the order. 

19 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Yeah - I’m just quoting who’s getting the home ties, didn’t mean to imply that was the order. 

EOS V SOS (maybe Sunday to avoid the Scottish Cup final)

SOS V WOS (midweek = shortest journey)

WOS V EOS (big finale!)

is surely the sensible order :)

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

EOS V SOS (maybe Sunday to avoid the Scottish Cup final)

SOS V WOS (midweek = shortest journey)

WOS V EOS (big finale!)

is surely the sensible order :)

VoL "That's not a random draw!". LL Board "Aye, you're right no promotion". Rules are rules 😝

Without having seen any of their games Bonnyton have surprised me at how decent they've been going by scores alone. I know the finished bottom by a distance but I was expecting a Fort William/Vale of Leithen type season. Some good wins and very few hammerings. Obviously a level above their abilities but not embarassing.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Without having seen any of their games Bonnyton have surprised me at how decent they've been going by scores alone. I know the finished bottom by a distance but I was expecting a Fort William/Vale of Leithen type season. Some good wins and very few hammerings. Obviously a level above their abilities but not embarassing.

They'll be favourites for relegation next season as well in Division One.

3 wins out 38?

26 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

They'll be favourites for relegation next season as well in Division One.

3 wins out 38?

Still three more than I expected. I thought they'd have a GD of -100 and be very lucky to get to get double digit points.

I must admit I was one of the doubters who didn’t think Darvel could turn it round with the amount of games they had to play. You need to take your hat off to Mick Kennedy, what a job he has done!!