WoSFL Premier Division thread

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

But Talbot or whoever can be the change, cap the prices at £8 or whatever, keep the home crowds as they are and generate more commercial revenue etc and you can operate with lower gate prices. I agree with others that given you can pay $15 for a Bundesliga game that the prices in Scotland are beyond disgusting and driven by the desire to attempt to compete with the arsecheeks and not build a product that people will love. 

I thought the move en masse to the WOSL was a mistake a bit rushed, but agree that tier 5 is ridiculous with the HL and LL given equal billing despite the population proportion etc, a North/West/East split would be fairer and more in line with the likes of the aforementioned Italian model. 

Like the idea of the first part in bold but assuming they want to compete in that league the financials have to be roughly in line too. Guess it would be worth a try as charging the same as the others may well cut the gates drastically (even though I can't see it in Talbot's case).

The second part in bold isn't comparing apples with apples. Italy is around three times further from North to South than Scotland is. Amazes me how travel distances seem to be such a sticking point in Scottish football.

Edited by jimbaxters

3 minutes ago, Hawf time pie said:

With more of a life than living on a forum board... 

The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint,

Very mindful. Then one would think the times you sit your life aside to comment, it would be more accurate instead of what you've "heard".

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Very mindful. Then one would think the times you sit your life aside to comment, it would be more accurate instead of what you've "heard".

Yep, while having a coffee at work catching up on the chatter of the league. Would you rather I named your committee members that were openly discussing it? Sorry, not the done thing...

21 minutes ago, Hawf time pie said:

Yep, while having a coffee at work catching up on the chatter of the league. Would you rather I named your committee members that were openly discussing it? Sorry, not the done thing...

Absolutely not but it would be interesting to know if your conversation with them was as sneering and provocative as your post was trying to be. Probably not.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Like the idea of the first part in bold but assuming they want to compete in that league the financials have to be roughly in line too. Guess it would be worth a try as charging the same as the others may well cut the gates drastically (even though I can't see it in Talbot's case).

The second part in bold isn't comparing apples with apples. Italy is around three times further from North to South than Scotland is. Amazes me how travel distances seem to be such a sticking point in Scottish football.

I think you can start a trend essentially, you offer a quality product at a lower price focus on the experience and alternative revenue streams (stick another sponsor on the shirt or decent match day hospitality services or whatever) to recoup some of the loss. 

Re Italy yeh im aware of the differences in the size of the country, but the leagues at serie c/d etc are split along population centres and a north, west, east split fits well with Scotland’s population centres. Dont have to copy everything exactly but they do get a lot right. 

Was at the Pollok vMeadow game at Newlandsfield,,wasn’t impressed with Pollok or there facilities,their new toilets,first of all there was no paper towels to dry your hands,then the water coming out of the taps stopped working (so I suppose you don’t need paper towels)(good thinking Pollok)as for their programme,£1.50 for something that was produced in someone’s back room,you expect more from them,but their standards have definitely slipped 

23 minutes ago, Meadowman said:

Was at the Pollok vMeadow game at Newlandsfield,,wasn’t impressed with Pollok or there facilities,their new toilets,first of all there was no paper towels to dry your hands,then the water coming out of the taps stopped working (so I suppose you don’t need paper towels)(good thinking Pollok)as for their programme,£1.50 for something that was produced in someone’s back room,you expect more from them,but their standards have definitely slipped 

One of the toilets at Meadow Park behind the bottom goal is literally a massive bottle of water beneath a basin 🤣 Whoever on your committee that needs to clean that must feel sick every week. 

You have the new toilets and the previous one behind the stand, take your pick :) Will pass on about the toilet roll as that’s poor.

Programme I’d agree needs an update and a refresh but people volunteer a lot of time to make it happen. Every club has its own limitations. 

image.png.8ee81b80cd0b193e1215790ca304add5.png

image.png.f4f3d1f6d4c52a95fc8c6bb56011c201.png

The Vics become the 2nd team confirmed to be playing tier 7 next season. The Bankies stun the Vale while Talbot draw with Largs in what could prove to be a massive point for the latter. Big win for the Roy who were up four zip at half time.

Really not sure what happened to Darvel today? Normally Kennedy, Miller and Gall keep us updated via social media but they seem to have lost their voices this evening . Has the dream died? Can they afford to spend even more money next season on both their squad and the dodgy pitch or will they return to mid table mediocrity?

15 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Really not sure what happened to Darvel today? Normally Kennedy, Miller and Gall keep us updated via social media but they seem to have lost their voices this evening . Has the dream died? Can they afford to spend even more money next season on both their squad and the dodgy pitch or will they return to mid table mediocrity?

Dodgy pitch? Was a bowling green today

Mon the papers 

Why not try drying your hands with the hot air coming out of your mouth?

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Well done lads excellent result. I have to go my humble pie is waiting.

Well played blackie. Funny enough that was the shout yesterday when moff subbed chris black who ran 30000 miles during the match. Lol 

Mon the papers

18 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.8ee81b80cd0b193e1215790ca304add5.png

image.png.f4f3d1f6d4c52a95fc8c6bb56011c201.png

The Vics become the 2nd team confirmed to be playing tier 7 next season. The Bankies stun the Vale while Talbot draw with Largs in what could prove to be a massive point for the latter. Big win for the Roy who were up four zip at half time.

Rossvale are also down, unless they can overturn a 36 goal defecit in two matches, to overtake a Glenafton who've seven games to play; alternatively, overturn a mere 30 goal deficit to overtake Rob Roy, who've still got nine fixtures left! Oh... and they're also sunk if any of Largs (P32/37Pts), Kilbirnie (P36/37Pts) or Cumbernauld (P30/32Pts) reach 41Pts. Bleak!