WoSFL Premier Division thread

7 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

i see hearts are considering joining the l l also and its becoming more  a joke of a league , can talbot , darvel whoever wins play offs refuse to go up and just stay in the same league as they are in ?

Why would they do that,especially Darvel,the amount of money that they have spent,would indicate,they want to play in the Lowland League and progress from there 

33 minutes ago, Meadowman said:

Why would they do that,especially Darvel,the amount of money that they have spent,would indicate,they want to play in the Lowland League and progress from there 

but things change and they are maybe happy in league they are in as the l l is becoming a laughing stock  , i dont know the clubs up to date stance but i was just wondering if they could reject the place in l l league ?

23 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

but things change and they are maybe happy in league they are in as the l l is becoming a laughing stock  , i dont know the clubs up to date stance but i was just wondering if they could reject the place in l l league ?

No. They would be in breach of their Scottish FA Licence if they did that, as all licensed clubs sign a commitment to the pyramid.

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

i see hearts are considering joining the l l also and its becoming more  a joke of a league , can talbot , darvel whoever wins play offs refuse to go up and just stay in the same league as they are in ?

All ambitious WOSFL teams including Darvel and Talbot should have ambitions of reaching League 2. The Pyramid system is a good thing for the Scottish game, it's just a shame it has been somewhat tarnished by a number of LL teams and their voting policy of self-protection over sporting integrity.

Both Talbot and Darvel will fancy their chances of promotion to League 2 if they find themselves in the LL next season. Surely that is worth more than any grumbles that teams may have against the current LL set up.

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

That wouldn't fit in with the vanity of the project. Also suspect the blue arse cheek would get well rimmed on a visit to the Vale. Can see you down there taking selfies on your Nokia, J.

Edited by jimbaxters

4 hours ago, Hawf time pie said:

I`m hearing that the difference is Darvel want to win the league and go up....Talbot want to win it, but don`t want to go up... (Maybe happy being the big fish in the wee pond... don`t fancy promotion and not being the Big Fish and not winning all the time?

I’ve spent a bit of time to find the source of the Talbot don’t want to go up stuff, It’s multi layered as anyone might presume. Talbot were perhaps the most public in the press about their desire to keep playing junior football.

Overall I personally found myself in the awkward position of being pro pyramid but not entirely. My position was always a pyramid was essential but the plans as they sat weren’t good or concrete enough. This appeared to some as me being against the pyramid which I never was. 

You also had different clubs with differing outlooks and they only way you could read about them to any depths was to come on here. But that wasn’t the best way to discuss non jumped on exploration of any of the cons. Was really pretty tense looking back on it. 

So anyway the breakaway happens with everyone joining regardless of difference of opinions on the matter. New league board is put in place and off we went.

Talbot come straight out of changes to the press saying, we didn’t want this to happen but we will do everything in our power to make this successful. In it to win it. Promotion the lot. The actions since confirm that to be the case. You’ll find some with differing opinions still on it, saw one outlet using ‘winstons wafflings’ as evidence Talbot didn’t want promotion. The truth is it’s essential in the longer term.

For me, imo, to make a success of the pyramid for a club like Talbot has to be to establish itself in league one or two. Also imo the Lowland looks like a patch that many may need to navigate quickly as may be another decade or more before it’s as established club wise as the west. With the possible inclusion of further B team that patch may be longer and dryer and will require skilfulness from each club going up to retain the positive moment.

anyway way longer than I intended but no question that Talbot wish promotion imo. If it doesn’t happen the present west is competitive enough with enough travelling support to maintain things again imo 

I’ve spent a bit of time to find the source of the Talbot don’t want to go up stuff, It’s multi layered as anyone might presume. Talbot were perhaps the most public in the press about their desire to keep playing junior football.
Overall I personally found myself in the awkward position of being pro pyramid but not entirely. My position was always a pyramid was essential but the plans as they sat weren’t good or concrete enough. This appeared to some as me being against the pyramid which I never was. 
You also had different clubs with differing outlooks and they only way you could read about them to any depths was to come on here. But that wasn’t the best way to discuss non jumped on exploration of any of the cons. Was really pretty tense looking back on it. 
So anyway the breakaway happens with everyone joining regardless of difference of opinions on the matter. New league board is put in place and off we went.
Talbot come straight out of changes to the press saying, we didn’t want this to happen but we will do everything in our power to make this successful. In it to win it. Promotion the lot. The actions since confirm that to be the case. You’ll find some with differing opinions still on it, saw one outlet using ‘winstons wafflings’ as evidence Talbot didn’t want promotion. The truth is it’s essential in the longer term.
For me, imo, to make a success of the pyramid for a club like Talbot has to be to establish itself in league one or two. Also imo the Lowland looks like a patch that many may need to navigate quickly as may be another decade or more before it’s as established club wise as the west. With the possible inclusion of further B team that patch may be longer and dryer and will require skilfulness from each club going up to retain the positive moment.
anyway way longer than I intended but no question that Talbot wish promotion imo. If it doesn’t happen the present west is competitive enough with enough travelling support to maintain things again imo 

I have no wish to see Talbot in League 2 paying £13 or £14 for the privilege of watching them playing the likes of Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir and I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:
15 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

I have no wish to see Talbot in League 2 paying £13 or £14 for the privilege of watching them playing the likes of Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir and I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard.

That’s where I think we are likely to head if we keep up the recent success. Not sure there’s much of an alternative as the lids gone. Some may feel that way, others don’t  as was my point but the club will have to make it work.

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:
15 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

agreed darvel playing those 2 teams on a wednesday night at darvel with those prices wouldnt attract 100 paying spectators and i would imagine even talbot support would drop like a stone , these clubs have done brilliant to be licensed , get in the big scottish cup and i just dont see the attraction of l l league or league 1 or league 2 

agreed darvel playing those 2 teams on a wednesday night at darvel with those prices wouldnt attract 100 paying spectators and i would imagine even talbot support would drop like a stone , these clubs have done brilliant to be licensed , get in the big scottish cup and i just dont see the attraction of l l league or league 1 or league 2 
Yip completely agree.

Pricing in Scotland overall needs looked at. Should be a maximum of £10 for clubs out with tip two divisions. Even in Premiership and Championship it should be a maximum of £20

A few of the Talbot boys will leave if they go up due to travelling 
People say Talbot should be aiming to do what Cove & Kelty have done but I think they forget these teams have people pumping in huge amounts of money and these teams are playing some of their players thousands of pounds a week.