WoSFL Premier Division thread

Lyle Avci must be thinking wtf [emoji2962] Its all about the profile at Darvel though, thats going to be their downfall. Bring in so called big names, when theres hunners better at this level [emoji2371]
If I was Avci I'd be fuming.
Just seen John Gall on Facebook moaning about the amount of games they have to play and having to play Monday night games when other teams haven't [emoji1787]
Mibbe if you hadn't made a cnut of your pitch at the start of the season you wouldn't have all these games to play ....

6 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Lyle Avci must be thinking wtf 🤯 Its all about the profile at Darvel though, thats going to be their downfall. Bring in so called big names, when theres hunners better at this level 🤷🏻‍♂️

Im not sure where the big names are ? They to me have not brought in any big names there signings are from other teams at the same level?

jinky up until the missed penalty today has been outstanding for them a cracking signing, and davy from buffs 

Not sure where the big names are I certainly don’t see any ?

1 hour ago, Ih8rangers said:

Never seen him at ayr but today confirms you may be correct 

he looked dragged in off the street & gave a pair off boots & gloves dressed up as a goalkeeper 

He’s went from Wolves to Darvel in 3 seasons. He’ll be at Kilmarnock amateurs next season with Galls son at that rate 

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Good day all round for Talbot with Pollok drawing & Kilbirnie upsetting Darvel. Remains to be seen if today's result for the Blasties will be enough to help them stay up with only four games left. Cumnock come up short against Glenafton who take a big step towards survival. Cumbernauld show signs of life.

Kilbirnie's four are against Blantyre, Largs (home) and Rutherglen, Troon (away) - winnable games against those around them.

15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Kilbirnie's four are against Blantyre, Largs (home) and Rutherglen, Troon (away) - winnable games against those around them.

12 points is a must for use. If its not enough then i fancy use 2 bounce straight back up 

Mon the papers

16 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Lyle Avci must be thinking wtf 🤯 Its all about the profile at Darvel though, thats going to be their downfall. Bring in so called big names, when theres hunners better at this level 🤷🏻‍♂️

Profile being sleave tatooes, skin fade haircuts and the ability to walk with a swagger like you own the ground you walk on?!

2 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Not enough to keep them from being relegated though.

Perhaps not, but then they would be 10 points ahead of Rutherglen for example - whose 6 games remaining would be against the top 3, Benburb, Glenafton and KRR. They'd also be 16 ahead of Largs who would have 8 games to play, including games against Auchinleck, Clydebank and Darvel.

Going to be interesting to see if those at the bottom can put up a fight and get something from the top teams. And whether the WOS champion can get promoted to reprieve 14th.

3 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

When are the west/east/south playoffs scheduled for? 

21st / 25th / 28th May (TBC)

Just seen John Gall on Facebook moaning about the amount of games they have to play and having to play Monday night games when other teams haven't [emoji1787]
Mibbe if you hadn't made a cnut of your pitch at the start of the season you wouldn't have all these games to play ....

I don't think you can blame Darvel for the pitch. They paid for a new surface and part of it wasn't up the required standard. Not a lot they could do about it when it became apparent.

4 hours ago, energyzone said:
23 hours ago, andy25 said:
Just seen John Gall on Facebook moaning about the amount of games they have to play and having to play Monday night games when other teams haven't emoji1787.png

I don't think you can blame Darvel for the pitch. They paid for a new surface and part of it wasn't up the required standard. Not a lot they could do about it when it became apparent.

True but still doesn't make it the fault of the fixtures man.

On 27/03/2022 at 00:12, Ginaro said:

On current form they're winning all of those.

Edited by jimbaxters

5 hours ago, energyzone said:
On 26/03/2022 at 22:24, andy25 said:
Just seen John Gall on Facebook moaning about the amount of games they have to play and having to play Monday night games when other teams haven't emoji1787.png

I don’t think you can blame Kennie Young either.

we are coming up on the blind side no telling the miners when we are playing ha , always amuses me to hear talbot fans moaning about a team that has gave so much back to the community over the years and will never be equalled let alone bettered anywhere else , ive seen all the top teams this season several times as ive picked my games on a saturday and if you were to pick a wos select certainly big leishman would be in it , arguably the 2 central defenders would be also , glasgow , boylan , samson and wilson any other club would in the league would take the 4 of them albeit graham imo is far better player to talbot playing up top , but thats 7 top players and if the rest arent up to their standards its no a big surprise and i get the midfield dont create a helluva lot but they must be doing a good job in other ways or they wouldnt be at a club like talbot playing week in week out , be greatful for what you have got , it wont last forever but ive been saying that for near on 40 years now !!