WoSFL Premier Division thread

There is no doubt if any team can win all

their games it’s darvel with the squad they have and the 3 wins this week  were fully expected , I think the only thing that will stop them is injuries and  suspensions against the better teams that they still have to play but it will certainly be tight come End of the season 

I've watched both of Darvel's games this midweek and they look fit, confident and powerful. They move the ball at a pace that most teams in our league will struggle to cope with.

I said way back near the start of the season that any team who finishes above Darvel would win the league. I still believe that.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

That's because it's not an "aye". It is 7 down unless our champions win the play-off, in which case it would only be 6. The other way round from what you said.

Oops. Aye sorry you're right. It was what I was thinking though. Numbnut.

50 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I've watched both of Darvel's games this midweek and they look fit, confident and powerful. They move the ball at a pace that most teams in our league will struggle to cope with.

I said way back near the start of the season that any team who finishes above Darvel would win the league. I still believe that.

Sticking your neck out there eh?

I didn't actually think Darvel could do it until last night - I thought they had far too many games to make up but they are steadily moving up the table. They have some winnable fixtures coming up but it looks like it'll be between Darvel and Talbot at the end. Pollok and Clydebank will be kicking themselves after the last few weeks.

Just now, energyzone said:

I didn't actually think Darvel could do it until last night - I thought they had far too many games to make up but they are steadily moving up the table. They have some winnable fixtures coming up but it looks like it'll be between Darvel and Talbot at the end. Pollok and Clydebank will be kicking themselves after the last few weeks.

You never know how clubs are going to go when the fixtures pile up. I can think of 3 games we lost that we should have (obviously i mean we got beat, but had we played the way we should have) won and a couple draws that we should have picked points up from too. Obviously every club has those reflections on a season. But yes had we been maybe 9 points further on than we are I would have been feeling pretty good. All in though its been a pretty positive season for us, so cant complain too much. 

You never know how clubs are going to go when the fixtures pile up. I can think of 3 games we lost that we should have (obviously i mean we got beat, but had we played the way we should have) won and a couple draws that we should have picked points up from too. Obviously every club has those reflections on a season. But yes had we been maybe 9 points further on than we are I would have been feeling pretty good. All in though its been a pretty positive season for us, so cant complain too much. 

Same at Kilwinning, the big disappointment has been the early exits from the cup competitions, but the league has been reasonably successful considering the young squad and a lot of key players departing midway through the season. Not to mention the ground upgrades.

15 minutes ago, energyzone said:
20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Same at Kilwinning, the big disappointment has been the early exits from the cup competitions, but the league has been reasonable successful considering the young squad and a lot of key players departing midway through the season. Not to mention the ground upgrades.

Yes you guys have done some incredible work at the ground, really setting the bar. 

On 22/03/2022 at 19:40, catakoom said:
On 19/03/2022 at 18:59, Darvel legend said:
Comfortable but uninspiring win for darvel , but at this time of season it’s the 3 points that count , two new boys will help the team but they should with the money spent on them But what must be really worrying is with the day it was , rangers no playing and the crowd was dreadful , be lucky if a 150 there 

DL, Is there a genuine reason why the Darvel fans are turning their backs on the team especially as they are serious contenders to win the league.

They had a lot of young boys 14-17 year olds who went pre COVID , a lot of them came from many different parts of Ayrshire . Roll on 2 years and their out the habit of going and now needing to pay £6 too get in which could be spent on other things . 

36 minutes ago, Sgc said:

They had a lot of young boys 14-17 year olds who went pre COVID , a lot of them came from many different parts of Ayrshire . Roll on 2 years and their out the habit of going and now needing to pay £6 too get in which could be spent on other things . 

Try doubling that or more if Darvel do a Kelty Hearts within two years.

I paid £13 to watch Albion Rovers v Kelty last week.

9 hours ago, energyzone said:

It'll be a tough ask after picking up 4 or 5 injuries last night, Davie Syme wont know till tomorrow how long he'll be out for.

23 hours ago, energyzone said:

I thought we'd blown it after a run which saw us draw with Rossvale and lose to Bens and Rob Roy. However 6 wins on trot brought us back into outskirts of the mix but Hurlford result has left us out again - esp with Talbot and Pollok losing. Still think Talbot are favourites but it's a great league run Darvel are on. Will be really difficult but they've given themselves a shout. It's Cumnock that will be kicking themselves as they are also coming good now. 

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I thought we'd blown it after a run which saw us draw with Rossvale and lose to Bens and Rob Roy. However 6 wins on trot brought us back into outskirts of the mix but Hurlford result has left us out again - esp with Talbot and Pollok losing. Still think Talbot are favourites but it's a great league run Darvel are on. Will be really difficult but they've given themselves a shout. It's Cumnock that will be kicking themselves as they are also coming good now. 

Two horse race now. Pollok and Clydebank both dropped too many points sadly.