WoSFL Premier Division thread

5 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

To be honest I hope Kennedy and the Piemans circus get promoted to the LL and the rest of us get on with enjoying football.

I hope this aswell but i dont think its this season as they have so many games and 2 win them all would be some achievement so 2 all at talbot, the games v use have been good but use have the better of us so were glad 2 c the back of use haha. Do any use tablot fans remember a friendly match v the both sides up at a pitch across from gartnaval hospital? Score was 0-0 ex bankie danny mckielve played for use that day. It was the 1st game i experienced between both sides 

Mon the papers 

I hope this aswell but i dont think its this season as they have so many games and 2 win them all would be some achievement so 2 all at talbot, the games v use have been good but use have the better of us so were glad 2 c the back of use haha. Do any use tablot fans remember a friendly match v the both sides up at a pitch across from gartnaval hospital? Score was 0-0 ex bankie danny mckielve played for use that day. It was the 1st game i experienced between both sides 

Mon the papers 

You'll only see the back of them if they win the Lower Pyramid Play-offs. Otherwise they'll be playing in the WoSFL again next season.

On 11/03/2022 at 07:39, Mkennedy said:

I know because Chris Strain told me, there had been several clubs in interested.

Two of the clubs were given permission to speak to David which they did. Talbot and Pollok. 

The club received 3 bids ours, Talbot and Pollok. All three have been rejected due to not meeting the clubs valuation. 

I’m on as my own name I don’t hide behind anything, I’ve said it before I’m not going to come to a public forum and make stuff. 

I won’t say anymore on the matter, good luck with the remainder of your season to the clubs you all support. 

So Chris Strain told you. The same Chris Strain who is trying to off load a player to the highest bidder?

Putting the enticement of big money and bottomless fried chicken buckets aside, it should be a red flag when players to see a prospective employer ignore any idea of confidentiality and discretion by jumping onto social media to blab about transfers willy nilly like the Darvel chap. I'd be wondering how the same employer woulf be conducting themselves if I ever had an issue or disagreement with them down the line. 

I don’t know why a manager would come on here and and report rumour as fact, surely there’s plenty of burner accounts to do that. The burner accounts we’re doing the same for Morrison and no offence to the lad but it’s a stretch to see Talbot breaking a long transfer policy for a position already well covered..

imo it’s just a look who we beat to a signing sham with a sprinkle of the old “other clubs bidding” go up the price. I could be wrong but then again I’ve never turned up at a players house with a bag of money before so who am I to ken?

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Putting the enticement of big money and bottomless fried chicken buckets aside, it should be a red flag when players to see a prospective employer ignore any idea of confidentiality and discretion by jumping onto social media to blab about transfers willy nilly like the Darvel chap. I'd be wondering how the same employer woulf be conducting themselves if I ever had an issue or disagreement with them down the line. 

Just to be really clear, its important we get facts right and i have to point out Black Rooster does grilled not fried chicken. 

On 13/03/2022 at 09:53, Blackie Gold said:

So Chris Strain told you. The same Chris Strain who is trying to off load a player to the highest bidder?

Of course Buffs are trying to offload the player to the highest bidder. Why wouldn't they do that? The player was tapped up under contract, requested a transfer and is now sitting in the house on a Saturday. Before the tapping, player and club were happily getting on with it.

10 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Of course Buffs are trying to offload the player to the highest bidder. Why wouldn't they do that? The player was tapped up under contract, requested a transfer and is now sitting in the house on a Saturday. Before the tapping, player and club were happily getting on with it.

My comment wasn't a slight on Chris Strain. It was more to do with a few wee porkies to offload the lad for a healthy wedge to the mob who were doing the tapping.

12 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

My comment wasn't a slight on Chris Strain. It was more to do with a few wee porkies to offload the lad for a healthy wedge to the mob who were doing the tapping.

Yep, they certainly deserve that. A club that's not playing nice and picking up a poor reputation along the way. The quicker they move on or implode the better for the rest of us. 

Yep, they certainly deserve that. A club that's not playing nice and picking up a poor reputation along the way. The quicker they move on or implode the better for the rest of us. 
Implode is the better option has at least clubs like Glen's Kilwinning Irvine meadow have history before they had money Darvel were always in the bottom reachs of football now all of a sudden they think they own football I feel sorry for them with this mob that owns then and their manger who think they can get who they want shame it takes time not money look at talbot success that was done over time and not money

24 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Anyone know why league season is due to end at end of April? Noticed that top flight of East ends 14th May. I thought they'd maybe stop same date ahead of Lowland League playoffs

I assume Kennie's thinking is that's better to front load the fixtures and leave two weeks for available for the inevitable postponements due to cup fixtures and the weather, rather than scrambling around trying to fit Monday games in at short notice in May. I would expect those May matchdays to be used up though.

Darvel for example are still in two cups, if they win tomorrow they have a SCC QF to play on 2nd April, which bumps a league game into May. Their pitch is poor - only one home game in the last 6 weeks - so a P-P might take up another matchday. Talbot only have 9/12 remaining league games scheduled so they are playing into May.

The EOS have a lot more dates to play with before going to Mondays - Penicuik for example have 7 Sat/Weds available to play unscheduled one league game and likely at least one more League Cup game.

Edited by Ginaro

I assume Kennie's thinking is that's better to front load the fixtures and leave two weeks for available for the inevitable postponements due to cup fixtures and the weather, rather than scrambling around trying to fit Monday games in at short notice in May. I would expect those May matchdays to be used up though.
Darvel for example are still in two cups, if they win tomorrow they have a SCC QF to play on 2nd April, which bumps a league game into May. Their pitch is poor - only one home game in the last 6 weeks - so a P-P might take up another matchday. Talbot only have 9/12 remaining league games scheduled so they are playing into May.
The EOS have a lot more dates to play with before going to Mondays - Penicuik for example have 7 Sat/Weds available to play unscheduled one league game and likely at least one more League Cup game.
Yeah,I think that's probably the case. I'd imagine most teams will be done by end of April with exception of maybe Talbot and Darvel

5 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Yeah,I think that's probably the case. I'd imagine most teams will be done by end of April with exception of maybe Talbot and Darvel

More than just those two - on the website you can see not all of the league games have been scheduled yet - e.g. Clydebank with only 6/8 listed on their page, plus they have a League Cup game after their opponents play on 16th April. https://wosfl.co.uk/team/clydebank/ 

HJ has helpfully laid out Darvel's schedule in the east forum :)