WoSFL Premier Division thread

Fu#k aird#ie and fu#k pollok. Heard most of ur 20s squad where all airdr#e rejects anyway as was some of ur coaches. Thatll be why use spat the dummy out when we pumped use 6-1 n basically won the league. 

Mon the papers 

Aw Dave, your toys are all over the floor. Who's gonna pick them up?

10 hours ago, funky monkey said:

It's a fair point. In this instance, the Buffs hold all the aces. The player has no future at the club, but is under contract for another season. After being tapped up, he has asked to be placed on the transfer list. Be good if a short term solution can be found, we shall see. Bottom line is, nothing was happening here until Darvel unsettled the player. They can do this to any player at any club at this level. If this becomes the norm, I'd think that would be something all clubs would want to stamp out. Do it the right way, no problem, but not this way. 

Every club taps up, its frustrating and shite. No club can sit on a golden pedestal here, usually its because the players all have mates at other clubs and say ‘come to us’ etc. Its shite but it happens.  

5 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Interesting. The Darvel manager says Talbot and Pollok have been in contact with Syme too. 

I find it strange that Tucker would be interested in another central defender as McPherson and McCracken are a superb pairing. Aso Robbie McCracken, Staffy and Aiden Wilson can all play in that position so I would say we are well covered at the back.

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Why would the Darvel manager know Pollok or Talbot’s business and who they speak to?

Cos he knows what goes on at every club  as players tell him what they have been offered at these clubs, nothing to do with negotiation just them being dead honest with him but don’t dare mention what goes on at his club as it’s all lies !

If you want a job, just tell him Nandos are offering you £90k a year as the best piri piri chicken maker in the west, but you haven’t wanted to make chicken for anyone other than his company so willing to accept £75k a year. 

8 hours ago, southerner said:

Why would the Darvel manager know Pollok or Talbot’s business and who they speak to?

I know because Chris Strain told me, there had been several clubs in interested.

Two of the clubs were given permission to speak to David which they did. Talbot and Pollok. 

The club received 3 bids ours, Talbot and Pollok. All three have been rejected due to not meeting the clubs valuation. 

I’m on as my own name I don’t hide behind anything, I’ve said it before I’m not going to come to a public forum and make stuff. 

I won’t say anymore on the matter, good luck with the remainder of your season to the clubs you all support. 

37 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

I know because Chris Strain told me, there had been several clubs in interested.

Two of the clubs were given permission to speak to David which they did. Talbot and Pollok. 

The club received 3 bids ours, Talbot and Pollok. All three have been rejected due to not meeting the clubs valuation. 

I’m on as my own name I don’t hide behind anything, I’ve said it before I’m not going to come to a public forum and make stuff. 

I won’t say anymore on the matter, good luck with the remainder of your season to the clubs you all support. 

Last line there is highly doubtful. Imagine coming on to a public forum as a manager and giving information about other clubs, regardless of whether it's lies or not. There's plenty to talk about at Darvel without rolling out names of others. 

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

I asked the question and you provided an answer, which makes sense and appreciated. I just don’t think other clubs should be mentioned privately or publicly to clubs and it should be the decision of the club themselves if the wish to make their transfer business public. This type of thing can unsettle players and squads at this stage of a season. I’m maybe old fashioned when it comes to these values and not a fan of it.

Edited by southerner

34 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Last line there is highly doubtful. Imagine coming on to a public forum as a manager and giving information about other clubs, regardless of whether it's lies or not. There's plenty to talk about at Darvel without rolling out names of others. 

Exactly. If true, pretty damning on Darvel that Pollok and Talbot were given permission to speak to the player, while Darvel were not. I think that says all you need to know about how Darvel conduct their business. 

1 minute ago, southerner said:

I asked the question and you provided an answer, which makes sense and appreciated. I just don’t think other clubs should be mentioned privately or publicly to clubs based it should be the decision of the club themselves if the wish to make their transfer business public. These types of things can unsettle players and squads at this stage of a season. I’m maybe old fashioned when it comes to these values and not a fan of it.

Completely agree. The player has been unsettled. This impacts the club directly. As an important player, David was unavailable to play for Buffs having asked for a transfer, the direct result being a 3 0 loss at home to Cumnock last Friday, one of our poorest results of the season. 

Typical of mick Kennedy who doesn't know how football works that's why Darvel will never be successful if talbot want a player they will get them don't need him or is money men to mention talbot talbot are a successful team on the pitch and off it and have been for many years without getting involved in who can pay what players come to us to play for the jersey not the money

You are a joke m8 why mention other clubs oh cause u think Darvel will be better than talbot nah that will never happen if talbot get a player it's because that player wants to play for a club that can win things unlike Darvel who throw money at ex pros u can throw all the money u want but learn from meadows Kilwinning and Glen's mistakes in the past and look where they are at and where talbot is now and always have been we can get players with or without ur input