WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Mick's teams always finish the season strongly it wouldn't suprise me if they go unbeaten for the rest of the league campaign. Talbot will need to post a very good total to finish above them.

Think Darvel will be the ones to require a good posting in having to win every single game to the end of the season. Crazy expectation in some opinions, More so when some of the Darvel fans wanted Mick sacked only a couple of months ago for not already winning every game.

4 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Mick's teams always finish the season strongly it wouldn't suprise me if they go unbeaten for the rest of the league campaign. Talbot will need to post a very good total to finish above them.

In order to finish strongly they need to play, game is off tonight.

3 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Think Darvel will be the ones to require a good posting in having to win every single game to the end of the season. Crazy expectation in some opinions, More so when some of the Darvel fans wanted Mick sacked only a couple of months ago for not already winning every game.

10 minutes ago, glensmad said:
59 minutes ago, andy25 said:
No comment from Glensmad on tonight's late postponement?

What comment do you want me to make ?

If the game was in any danger because of late afternoon rain why was inspection not earlier? I was 10 mins away from ground when I got a phone call telling me it was off

If the game was in any danger because of late afternoon rain why was inspection not earlier? I was 10 mins away from ground when I got a phone call telling me it was off
The truth is that the pitch was playable at lunchtime when we inspected it before the 2pm deadline within the WoSFL Constitution and at that point there was no need for an inspection. The pitch was then lined in full expectation of the match going ahead.

The rain started to fall heavily around 3.30pm and carried on till after 6pm. The match referee was unable to be at the park any earlier than 6.30pm. The lights were on, the nets were up and the turnstiles were open.

At the point of the referee's inspection at 6.30pm, both sides believed that the pitch was still playable, and made their opinions very clear to the match officials.

However the match officials disagreed due to a very small area on the open terracing side which was particularly soft. Unfortunately the match referee's decision is final on these matters and we have to accept it.

The club immediately posted that the game was off on our social media and apologised to anybody who was en route to the game. There were no bad feelings between the teams and club officials as we both felt that the pitch was playable.

Thought what happened last week there was good vs kilbirnie, u had the official 2pm but the forcast was rain, so club check 5pm before folk travelled. Here sounds like club thought it was playable but ref didn't, not much can be done about that.

Edited by Killiepiyo

Thought what happened last week there was good vs kilbirnie, u had the official 2pm but the forcast was rain, so club check 5pm before folk travelled. Here sounds like club thought it was playable but ref didn't, not much can be done about that.
Both clubs thought it was playable. But we accepted the referee's decision.

23 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

How will they need to win every single game? That's assuming Talbot win 12 games on the spin from here until the end of the season as well.