WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

He managed to pick up Player of the Year awards at Clyde. Not the same fuss even though it was closer to the conviction in civil court. Why the uproar now and not back then?

As has been pointed out during the Raith signing, there was an "uproar" when he signed for Clyde. They were just a smaller club with a smaller public profile, and their board didn't buckle.  

10 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

And Darvel are a smaller club than Clyde. 

Who's the money behind Clyde? I don't know.

I do know John Gall's meant to be behind Darvel. Certainly been the face of it. They might be a smaller club, but they've got a bigger target. "Boycott Brownings" the money's going to a rapist.

EDIT: It'd probably also drag in quotes from Kilmarnock and their fans since they're sponsored by Brownings.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Can you imagine the shit storm Goodwillie signing would cause. Surely not worth the hassle it would bring 
The difference is, Darvel have a sponsor who won't walk. It'll be the opposite: they've got a sponsor who is more than happy to fit the bill. A lot was made at Rovers about Val McDermid but the reality is that we had volunteers leaving the club left, right and centre.

I'd imagine there'll still be rage if he signs given our move is so fresh, but I think most people will look at Darvel's level and think he's done. Even if they did get upset, they'll not do anything.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The difference is, Darvel have a sponsor who won't walk. It'll be the opposite: they've got a sponsor who is more than happy to fit the bill. A lot was made at Rovers about Val McDermid but the reality is that we had volunteers leaving the club left, right and centre.

I'd imagine there'll still be rage if he signs given our move is so fresh, but I think most people will look at Darvel's level and think he's done. Even if they did get upset, they'll not do anything.

It'd be a family run bakery dragged into defending the stance of signing a rapist that's shown no public sign of rehabilitation since it happened. They're also a very  sponsor of Kilmarnock and I doubt some of their fanbase would like the idea thay buying a Killie Pie is putting £s in a rapist's paypacket.

For someone that's tied up in promoting their brand. It would be an absolutely daft thing to do.

It'd be a family run bakery dragged into defending the stance of signing a rapist that's shown no public sign of rehabilitation since it happened. They're also a very  sponsor of Kilmarnock and I doubt some of their fanbase would like the idea thay buying a Killie Pie is putting £s in a rapist's paypacket.
For someone that's tied up in promoting their brand. It would be an absolutely daft thing to do.

I wouldn't disagree with that. But I'd be astonished if Killie fans got a up in arms over it as our fans did given he wouldn't be at their club.

24 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

This all smacks of the Medda back in the day. What I would like to know is after all these so called big money signings if Darvel don't go up this season will the backroom staff's jobs be safe.

Think there will be alot of changes doon darvel in summer. They have mk as manager but also ex clydebank manager mcanespie ex clydebank assistant higgins and ex glenafton manager mcewan as coaches. Some egos in that dressing room ha

Mon the papers

13 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Think there will be alot of changes doon darvel in summer. They have mk as manager but also ex clydebank manager mcanespie ex clydebank assistant higgins and ex glenafton manager mcewan as coaches. Some egos in that dressing room ha

Mon the papers

Budget for the management team will be bigger than most clubs budgets 

13 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

Is the rule still in place where the maximum amount of people in the dugout was 9? Used to be 5 subs and 4 officials 

2 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Is the rule still in place where the maximum amount of people in the dugout was 9? Used to be 5 subs and 4 officials 

Six technical area staff (manager, coaches, physio etc) plus up to seven named substitutes are allowed.