WoSFL Premier Division thread

Just to add to the above, the reason for 7 teams being relegated is because the agreement with the Scottish FA was that the WoSFL would revert to a 16-team Premier Division as soon as possible. The only way to do that and to also allow promotion for the Conference winners was to relegate 7 teams from the Premier.

If the WoSFL champions are promoted to the Lowland League and no team is relegated into the WoSFL to replace them, then only 6 teams would be relegated from the Premier Division.

If the WoSFL champions are not promoted to the Lowland League and a team is relegated into the WoSFL, then 8 teams would require to be relegated from the Premier Division.

It seems highly unlikely at this stage that any team will be relegated into the WoSFL from the Lowland League this season.

Edited by glensmad

On 08/02/2022 at 11:28, FairWeatherFan said:

This then had to change as the SFA wouldn't sanction it. What happened was a compromise where the 16 2019-20 West Region Premiership clubs, 3 2019-20 West Region Championship clubs in position for promotion based on PPG, and Bonnyton Thistle (an existing Tier 6 club moving from the SoSFL) all made up a 20 team Premier Division.

I liked the way the WoSFL tried to be accommodating to teams who could argue they "deserve" to be in the Premier when covid shafted everything. Was a bold move expanding the league in a year where further forced breaks could happen. Glad that it's all working out instead of ending up wiht a massive fixture pile up being rushed through in March and April

*touch wood*

Frustrating day for Pollok yesterday. Talbot just more composed and street wise when it mattered. What a chance though it equalise at 1-0 but a poor poor effort from Lyon with only the keeper to beat
Hard to see past Talbot for the title now but hopefully their fixture congestion catches up with them but Pollok can't afford any slip ups in a tough run in

Looks like it’s between 3 teams but massive ask for darvel with the way the park is , certainly got the squad to cope with the games left but it’s whether it stays dry or no that’s the problem when they have a home game , I think the two teams who deserve massive credit are glencairn and benburb who I’m sure most people in the game would have predicted  would be in bottom 7 and they have both done a brilliant job with limited resources 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Looks like it’s between 3 teams but massive ask for darvel with the way the park is , certainly got the squad to cope with the games left but it’s whether it stays dry or no that’s the problem when they have a home game , I think the two teams who deserve massive credit are glencairn and benburb who I’m sure most people in the game would have predicted  would be in bottom 7 and they have both done a brilliant job with limited resources 

It was a massive ask for every club in a 20 team league. Kudos to the clubs who are battling hard without the squads to cope with it.

What about Krr. 
Must have one of youngest squads in league,  can't have much money at all , ground sharing away from home town ,  one of only few teams to have beat auchinleck and making a right good go of staying up. 
Least clubs like bens and rutherglen have home grounds and will surely have that more resources than a team like krr .
And all the costs associated with having a home ground......

The way the park is ? Yous spent a fortune on it

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:
8 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

The way the park is ? Yous spent a fortune on it

Spent a fortune on and off the park. Heard rumours of goodwillie going 2 darvel aswell as a few fae pollok 

Mon the papers

30 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
45 minutes ago, passbackdave said:
Spent a fortune on and off the park. Heard rumours of goodwillie going 2 darvel aswell as a few fae pollok 

Mon the papers

Aye I heard Darvel are signing somebody

From hurlford 😉