WoSFL Premier Division thread

I accept that possibility regarding the LL. However, what I'm saying is that the official rules of the WoSFL Premier Division, rubber-stamped by the Scottish FA, do not make any reference to the possibility of 9 teams being relegated to the new First Division, and it has never been communicated to the clubs as a possibility.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I accept that possibility regarding the LL. However, what I'm saying is that the official rules of the WoSFL Premier Division, rubber-stamped by the Scottish FA, do not make any reference to the possibility of 9 teams being relegated to the new First Division, and it has never been communicated to the clubs as a possibility.

Its in the Lower Pyramid Playoff rules that a club or clubs can be relegated from the LL.

It's not something that the WoSFL are ever likely to deal with under the current format since it would require the bottom 2 of the LL to come from: Caledonian Braves, Cumbernauld Colts, East Kilbride, a future Club 42/WoS Premier Champion/maybe Broomhill moving to Glasgow finally.

Only the EoSFL are likely to face the issue if it ever arises again.

50 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Fortunately it is extremely unlikely for both Cumbernauld Colts and Caledonian Braves to finish in the bottom two, given it would require VOL to make up 27 points in 13 games - in four games it'll be impossible anyway. You can probably rule out the 8 relegated scenario as well as Gretna and VOL would need to overtake CC.

However, the possibility of two down seems to have always been in the LL rules - it happened in 2018-19 with Whitehill and Selkirk (obviously the latter folded but they'd have gone to the EOS as well). In version 13, the latest available on their website, it details the four scenarios for relegation - ignore the top four as there will always be a tier 6 champion.

Maybe something to bring up the next time you speak to the LL as something would have to give - either the LL or WOS running with 17 if one or the other got their way. 

llrelegation.JPG

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

...You can probably rule out the 8 relegated scenario as well as Gretna and VOL would need to overtake CC...

If the HL champion wins the Club 42 playoff and Club 42 gets relegated to the LL only one of Gretna and VOL need to overtake CC for CC to be relegated to the WoS. At that point you need an extra relegation to achieve 16 as the number for the following season if the WoS champion doesn't get promoted.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

The promotion and relegation agreement between the four leagues allows for one team to be relegated and one team to be promoted. Any change to the four leagues agreement has to be agreed by all parties to the agreement.

The LL already has more than 16 teams in their league at the moment.

Agreement between the four leagues? Does that mean the WoSFL were implicit in the decision to have only one promotion place to the LL?

Agreement between the four leagues? Does that mean the WoSFL were implicit in the decision to have only one promotion place to the LL?
No, that was in place before the WoSFL joined what was previously the 3 Leagues agreement. We needed all three parties to that agreement to agree for us to join them. As the WoSFL has yet to complete a full season, and the current Management Committee have only been in place since the summer AGM, perhaps you should give us a wee bit longer to try to influence change in that respect. [emoji6]

With most clubs having played at least half their league matches, with the exception of Darvel and Rob Roy, what does everyone think will be the points threshold for safety?

If we say that 7 teams will go down that points us presently to Glenafton in 14th position, who are level with Cumbernauld and 4 points behind Rob Roy.

Glenafton currently have 21 points and have played exactly half their matches, while Rob Roy have 25 (plus a game in hand over Glenafton). So a points total in the region of 50 or so should be enough to guarantee safety - I can't see many of the clubs below being able to put together a run which would take them anywhere near that total.

I'd also like to think that barring a spectacular collapse, clubs from Hurlford (6th) upwards are almost guaranteed safety from relegation.

19 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Glenafton currently have 21 points and have played exactly half their matches, while Rob Roy have 25 (plus a game in hand over Glenafton). So a points total in the region of 50 or so should be enough to guarantee safety - I can't see many of the clubs below being able to put together a run which would take them anywhere near that total.

Not exactly scientific but if you look back at previous Superleagues from both east and west you basically needed about 1 point per game - so 38 this season - to avoid finishing in a relegation spot.

15 hours ago, glensmad said:

Phase One almost there, four games left to be played. Please Nicola, let it happen. emoji120.png

Glens. If wee nicky does bring a halt to the football and the league is decided by Phase 1 who is currently at the top of the league. If its us would we be made to play play offs for the LL.