WoSFL Premier Division thread

Blantyre 0-3 today, firstly a big thanks to everyone who tidied the ground up - was a tip on my last visit ! Two cracking shots and a penalty that shouldn't have happened,for the goals. Hardworking display, especially the no.7, but really lightweight up front. Maybe chuck the no.6 up front when the 2nd goal went in, nothing to lose. Showed some character but Cumbernauld the better side and always a threat. Good start to my week up north.

On 13/11/2021 at 18:14, Shanner said:

that's most teams at or past the half way mark. 

for all the disruption of covid, etc, there's not a team that is in a massively unexpected position.

Most of the bigger teams are well away from the relegation places. 

image.png.9e16f1606e34deabe4859aaf4150c5a6.png

Rutherglen Glencairn the surprise package so far imo. Had a great first half.

On 13/11/2021 at 17:30, Andy groundhopper said:

Blantyre 0-3 today, firstly a big thanks to everyone who tidied the ground up - was a tip on my last visit ! Two cracking shots and a penalty that shouldn't have happened,for the goals. Hardworking display, especially the no.7, but really lightweight up front. Maybe chuck the no.6 up front when the 2nd goal went in, nothing to lose. Showed some character but Cumbernauld the better side and always a threat. Good start to my week up north.

I ended up going here today myself. An ex colleague from Blantyre asked me the day before if I fancied it and you're pretty much spot on. Blantyre's heids went down after the penalty but they could have played for weeks and never even got a shot on target never mind a goal. CU didn't look all that great apart from their centre backs who strolled it but, then again, my granny could have kept a clean sheet against Blantyre on that performance. Their #10 has a hell of a shot on him as well. 

18 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Rutherglen Glencairn the surprise package so far imo. Had a great first half.

Very hard team 2 play against and r decent going forward. Ive noticed from watching there highlights there manager willie harvey hasnt there at a few games plus he wasnt there when we played them earlier in season. Whats the story there? 

Mon the papers

Very hard team 2 play against and r decent going forward. Ive noticed from watching there highlights there manager willie harvey hasnt there at a few games plus he wasnt there when we played them earlier in season. Whats the story there? 
Mon the papers
Willie has been far from well in recent months but thankfully he appears to be on the road to recovery now.

Hurlford been the real surprise package for me this season. Playing well and really making a push at the top of the table. Clydebank simply outplayed at weekend, although the second half was far more even.

With the end of phase one having come for many clubs and for the league itself very soon does anyone have any idea on how the remainder of the season will play out? The way it’s going it looks like leagues could easily be finished for some teams by around early March so will it just be cups from then on or whatnot?

10 minutes ago, jamtoast said:

With the end of phase one having come for many clubs and for the league itself very soon does anyone have any idea on how the remainder of the season will play out? The way it’s going it looks like leagues could easily be finished for some teams by around early March so will it just be cups from then on or whatnot?

Premier Division won't be complete that early, even Rossvale having played the most games (22/38) would be playing until the end of March assuming no postponements and not taking into account they are still in two cups. On the other hand Auchinleck will have the opposite problem, of squeezing all their league games in before mid-May.

In theory Ardeer (19/28 games played) could be finished by the end of February, but games will be postponed and they will very likely have another game in the WOSFL Cup. It's gone fairly smoothly so far, but the weather will surely have a part to play.

Worst case scenario if everyone is finished early in the Conferences - could create a tier 7 cup competition . 

On 15/11/2021 at 17:12, glensmad said:
On 15/11/2021 at 16:58, passbackdave said:
Mon the papers

Willie has been far from well in recent months but thankfully he appears to be on the road to recovery now.

Thats good 2 hear hes getting better. I had been wondering for a few weeks where he was 

Mon the papers