WoSFL Premier Division thread

3 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Naw hes onside the guy whos offside isnt interfering in play.

Mon the papers

:oops

Ha, you're right, I got confused when the camera panned away and went back. Even worse for the Largs boy who tries to claim offside for a player who was standing in front of him! 

Ball on the line must be tight, as it looks like the defender's standing foot is very close to it when cleared. 

I was hoping you still had the cameras rolling.

Haha yeah don’t think the ref was going to award it but Lino I think said it was over the line. Despite evidence to the contrary since [emoji85][emoji85] he was getting a bit of stick from the Largs fan for Shankers goal. Not as much stick as the Largs team got from their manager after full time. Entire of beechwood could hear the… eh team talk [emoji16]

I think Largs in 2nd half played well enough to grab a point. 1st half Talbot had more opportunities but Largs defended well and made some decent saves. Not really convinced goal was over line. I also thought maybe a foul for Largs in build up to goal at the time. Video doesn't really show it.  Decent game on a fantastic  surface.

Maybe should be done across ALL leagues to cover possible covid problems ahead. Suppose  some people will say 'why punish the clubs'  Many leagues give 20 or 30 victories for their opponents, let's follow suit.

Only problem would clubs would not declare Covid-19 problems then the whole of football would be shut down again

Much as it's tempting to let a dislike of certain clubs cloud opinions on how this should be handled it's better for the integrity of the competition that the title isn't decided by the number of "walkover awarded" asterisks against everyone's points total.  If there are floodlights and the free dates to accommodate fixtures then play the games. 

6 hours ago, Big Davy Boy said:

3-0 wins to there opponents. If its good enough for the big league cup its good enough for us.

7 Covid positive results means games called off in the league rules and games rescheduled. The 3-0 wins in the “big league cup” happens because the section stage is treated like training camps by most teams and it doesn’t really matter to them