WoSFL Premier Division thread

7 hours ago, Lurcer said:

It’s actually a quote from John Stuart Mills that has been misappropriated to JFK but never mind. 

what about Edmund Burke ?......very little said in life is original the first time I became aware of the quote or its sentiment the source was Martin Luther King...oh and you have still to explain your quip about the Masonic Arms

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

I was impressed by Darvel today, looked strong in every department. I reckon any team that finishes above them will be champions.

At times the football played was good and there is no doubt there is some strength in depth , if im Being critical I would like us to be more clinical and finish teams off as at 2-0 and a goal scored  against u anything could happen but right now with firey pitches and games coming quick and fast the only thing that counts is 3 points , on to beith Wednesday and another tough away game 

Clearly its all about the Talbot going by the crowd around you's discussion LOL
Strange comment. I've watched the video twice now and listened to the comments around the camera (all Glencairn fans, by the way, including myself). I don't hear Talbot getting mentioned even once in the video. From my recollection of the conversations which actually took place, the only mention of Talbot was people giving updates on the score at Beechwood, along with all the other Twitter updates.

You're hearing what you want to hear instead of what actually happened I think.

Enjoyed a wee trip to Newlandsfield yesterday to get some sunburn.  Crossbar was very busy during the game.  Glenafton's defence just disintegrated twice and that was the difference. 

Absolutely roasting yesterday and I'm afraid Pollok gave us a roasting too, no complaints about the result yesterday! [emoji41]

Enjoyed a wee trip to Newlandsfield yesterday to get some sunburn.  Crossbar was very busy during the game.  Glenafton's defence just disintegrated twice and that was the difference. 

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Absolutely roasting yesterday and I'm afraid Pollok gave us a roasting too, no complaints about the result yesterday! emoji41.png

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I thought we played better in the first half and should have scored a few but went in 0-0.

2nd half was two bad mistakes that led to our goals and you came more into it without really creating many clear chances. 

Was surprised when you took off your number 7, I thought he was causing us problems. 

3 hours ago, superpollok said:

I thought we played better in the first half and should have scored a few but went in 0-0.

2nd half was two bad mistakes that led to our goals and you came more into it without really creating many clear chances. 

Was surprised when you took off your number 7, I thought he was causing us problems. 

Pollok deserved the win , they were much better than us , but the goals we lost were bad mistakes . Boys looked a wee bit weary after putting so much into the game on Wednesday . The new guys have had a really tough start but they’re showing some good potential 👍

1 hour ago, 93glens17 said:

Pollok deserved the win , they were much better than us , but the goals we lost were bad mistakes . Boys looked a wee bit weary after putting so much into the game on Wednesday . The new guys have had a really tough start but they’re showing some good potential 👍

I think what we are all seeing is that this league is a long haul with loads of tricky games coming thick and fast 

What a brilliant start to Tony Fraser's first job as a manager on his own, Cumbernauld United with 7 points out of 9 so far, including a draw at Clydebank (denied a win by a 94th minute equaliser) and a win away today at Cumnock.

Totally agree. Gentleman as well