WoSFL Premier Division thread

3 hours ago, HonestMan1988 said:

Bobby Guthrie was present at the game the other night. He usually takes a couple days or so to compile his match report and his pics from the game for Glenafton. 

Thanks for that.  It's posted on Glenafton Facebook now. A good detailed honest report on the football! Brilliant.

11 hours ago, HonestMan1988 said:

The Glenafton committee are volunteers. They are not the police. I’m sure like most fans they aren’t their to be in danger. What exactly did you want them to do in that moment? 

No they arent the police, but if they can’t keep people safe in Glenafton’s ground then they should be bringing in stewards who can or asking for a police presence. 

From what I witnessed the committee  stood in the stand in the aftermath to try and ensure no further incident. 

The referee of the game is a policeman, did you want him to start intervening and handcuffing fans? So hardly think glens committee going to get in amongst violence. 

You’d want the game abandoned? Where does the referee keep his handcuffs?

I feel sorry for the committee, they are always  caught between a rock and a hard place. If I lived in a small community like New Cumnock I would be hesitant to intervene or call the police on the local cardboard gangsters. 

You can't expect committee volunteers to intervene directly (and I'd imagine there are numerous legal reasons why they shouldn't jump in and start putting hands on people) but I'd say it definitely falls within their duty of care to phone the police when trouble breaks out. 

9 hours ago, Yogi said:

So your saying it didn’t happen the other night against Darvel

Or I didn’t happen at the clubhouse when your fans tried to get into the dressing room to get at meadow players

That is true

Who is saying it didn’t happen ???

Everybody at the game saw it ya donkey.  
What I’m pointing out to you is that your statement that the glens have thugs and troublemakers in every section of the park is shite and simply untrue. 

wonder if it’ll be water cannons or just an armed guard we’ll get at pollok today , the locals will be living in fear as we speak FFS

9 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

Who is saying it didn’t happen ???

Everybody at the game saw it ya donkey.  
What I’m pointing out to you is that your statement that the glens have thugs and troublemakers in every section of the park is shite and simply untrue. 

wonder if it’ll be water cannons or just an armed guard we’ll get at pollok today , the locals will be living in fear as we speak FFS

Glens have lots of good decent fans