WoSFL Premier Division thread

[emoji23] sorry mate, I’m trying solve a chicken shortage I’ve never been good at doing two things at the same time.
I think I’ve said enough, Hopefully when we meet again there no issues. I have a lot of respect for club, I wish you all the best for the season ahead.Β 
How serious is the chicken shortage?

I assume that as discipline etcΒ in the Premiership is dealt with by the SFA and not the WOSFL this will be a matter for the SFA Compliance Officer.
All five divisions are now under the Scottish FA Judicial Panel Protocol, not just the Premier Division.

22 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Can someone enlighten me what those 'hung out to dry' & 'back the fans' things are about at Ladeside?

Their official Twitter account has said that they won’t comment further until the conclusion of the SFA’s investigation into the rammy at St. Roch’s.

2 hours ago, Yogi said:

Darvel players not allowed to celebrate at dugouts or it causes offence

Meadow players not allowed to celebrate behind goals at the clubhouse or it causes offence

Can I ask where are players allowed to celebrate a goal at new Cumnock or do they need to wait until they get home in case they cause offence to the home fans and get attacked Glenafton should be made play behind closed doors they know exactly who the thugs are but the committee are afraid of them to do anything about it
Β 

Am not an expert on this level of football by any margin but what I thought was particularly wrong was the fact no glenafton committee members or older supporters tried to stop their fans fighting in fact the abuse the older men were belting out was off the scale , after the game 2 men with glenafton ties attempted to stop my son leaving the ground when he was behind me claiming it was for his own safety πŸ˜‚ I told him we would take our chances sticking together , why not stop me but stop him ?Β 

21 minutes ago, Sgc said:

Am not an expert on this level of football by any margin but what I thought was particularly wrong was the fact no glenafton committee members or older supporters tried to stop their fans fighting in fact the abuse the older men were belting out was off the scale , after the game 2 men with glenafton ties attempted to stop my son leaving the ground when he was behind me claiming it was for his own safety πŸ˜‚ I told him we would take our chances sticking together , why not stop me but stop him ?Β 

The Glenafton committee are volunteers. They are not the police. I’m sure like most fans they aren’t their to be in danger. What exactly did you want them to do in that moment?Β 

What I will say the committee do need to do more to prevent this happening. Measures need to be put in place to stamp this out, no doubt about it.

From what I witnessed the committeeΒ Β stood in the stand in the aftermath to try and ensure no further incident.Β 

The referee of the game is a policeman, did you want him to start intervening and handcuffing fans? So hardly think glens committee going to get in amongst violence.Β 

Again I still find it staggering that Darvel are absolving themselves of any blame. Their behaviour was abysmal and to play on Glenafton previous history of trouble is embarrassing to say the least.

Got to commend Mick McCann for not reacting to the Darvel playings goading in his face in the technical area during their celebrations.Β 

Β Β Β 

4 hours ago, Chis said:

I assume that as discipline etcΒ in the Premiership is dealt with by the SFA and not the WOSFL this will be a matter for the SFA Compliance Officer.

I’m sure the all so innocent Darvel will have penned their complaints to the appropriate authorities already. πŸ€”

18 minutes ago, HonestMan1988 said:

I’m sure the all so innocent Darvel will have penned their complaints to the appropriate authorities already. πŸ€”

Aye apologies for scoring the winner in the last minute and celebrating , that goal and a wonder goal at that could be very very important come next April , may timeΒ 

bottom Line is and I heard it before the game glens fans saying you’ve got no fans Β and the turn out from darvel was fantastic and we should have been given the other side of the park and none of that would have happenedΒ 

im Pretty sure Talbot , Cumnock , Clydebank would have been given itΒ 

but hopefully they learn from it as glenafton are a top side rebuilding and have some really good players and looked good against us and fully deserved a point and if they play like that will take points off the top teamsΒ 

It is a shame that idiots at the Glenafton - Darvel game have ended up getting everyone talking about them. When what We should have been talking about was a great game of football!

I was watching the game from the opposite side from the covered terraced area where there was the nonsense so no idea what happened.Β  It was a brilliant game with chances for both teams and a very good finish in the last minute to win it for Darvel.Β 

Yes I am sure that Glenafton thought and possibly deserved the win. Hopefully they will improve as they gain experience playing together.Β 

I would like to think that the committee of any club where there is trouble at a game bans fans who miss behave. It should be in the clubsΒ best interest to do so.

Still not seen a match report from either club!

Β 

Aye apologies for scoring the winner in the last minute and celebrating , that goal and a wonder goal at that could be very very important come next April , may timeΒ 
bottom Line is and I heard it before the game glens fans saying you’ve got no fans Β and the turn out from darvel was fantastic and we should have been given the other side of the park and none of that would have happenedΒ 
but hopefully they learn from it as glenafton are a top side rebuilding and have some really good players and looked good against us and fully deserved a point and if they play like that will take points off the top teamsΒ 
What do you mean given other side of park?

5 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
12 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

What do you mean given other side of park?

From where the glens fans stand in covered enclosureΒ 

7 minutes ago, Ajs said:

It is a shame that idiots at the Glenafton - Darvel game have ended up getting everyone talking about them. When what We should have been talking about was a great game of football!

I was watching the game from the opposite side from the covered terraced area where there was the nonsense so no idea what happened.Β  It was a brilliant game with chances for both teams and a very good finish in the last minute to win it for Darvel.Β 

Yes I am sure that Glenafton thought and possibly deserved the win. Hopefully they will improve as they gain experience playing together.Β 

I would like to think that the committee of any club where there is trouble at a game bans fans who miss behave. It should be in the clubsΒ best interest to do so.

Still not seen a match report from either club!

Β 

Bobby Guthrie was present at the game the other night. He usually takes a couple days or so to compile his match report and his pics from the game for Glenafton.Β 

19 minutes ago, Yogi said:

There’s a rumour going about that a team in the WOSFL Premier has a covid outbreak I’m not going to mention the team by name but I’m wondering if any game has been cancelled yet

aye I heard there's been a bit of the covid going about as well.Β 

Β 

There’s a rumour going about that a team in the WOSFL Premier has a covid outbreak I’m not going to mention the team by name but I’m wondering if any game has been cancelled yet

Darvel?
They've been known to break the covid rules..

1 hour ago, HonestMan1988 said:

The Glenafton committee are volunteers. They are not the police. I’m sure like most fans they aren’t their to be in danger. What exactly did you want them to do in that moment?Β 

What I will say the committee do need to do more to prevent this happening. Measures need to be put in place to stamp this out, no doubt about it.

From what I witnessed the committeeΒ Β stood in the stand in the aftermath to try and ensure no further incident.Β 

The referee of the game is a policeman, did you want him to start intervening and handcuffing fans? So hardly think glens committee going to get in amongst violence.Β 

Again I still find it staggering that Darvel are absolving themselves of any blame. Their behaviour was abysmal and to play on Glenafton previous history of trouble is embarrassing to say the least.

Got to commend Mick McCann for not reacting to the Darvel playings goading in his face in the technical area during their celebrations.Β 

Β Β Β 

My son plays for an under 17 team based not far from new Cumnock , a boy from new Cumnock he knows came and told him in the first half to watchΒ his back as the locals were going to start a fight with them . The score in the game was immaterial.Β 

3 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Why would they need a bus fare if Rangers didn't have a game on that night?

I’m sure they can get the strips washed and cleaned of any forensics before they go to watch their real team.Β 

My son plays for an under 17 team based not far from new Cumnock , a boy from new Cumnock he knows came and told him in the first half to watchΒ his back as the locals were going to start a fight with them . The score in the game was immaterial.Β 
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

26 minutes ago, Sgc said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ oh deary me πŸ’©