WoSFL Premier Division thread

6 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

No way I’m on hear trying to make excuses for anybody. Nobody should be getting attacked or fighting at the fitba .

but you’re crazy if you think there was any comparison to the glens goal celebrations and what happened when you scored the winner. As far as replying to the crowd I just thought you could have shown a wee bit more professionalism after what had happened, your team had done well to get the win . Should have been head down and into the clubhouse wi the 3pts in the bag  , maybe worth thinking about ?

If the ref deemed the celebration unacceptable that upto him to deal with, it does excuse the aftermath of what happened. 

I took abuse all game, I didn’t say a word back apart from some friendly banter with glens behind our dugout but I accept what was being said to me I wasn’t arguing I just started my point back 

16 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

If the ref deemed the celebration unacceptable that upto him to deal with, it does excuse the aftermath of what happened. 

I took abuse all game, I didn’t say a word back apart from some friendly banter with glens behind our dugout but I accept what was being said to me I wasn’t arguing I just started my point back 

Should maybe try that post again , canny make much sense out of it 😁

7 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

Should maybe try that post again , canny make much sense out of it 😁

😂 sorry mate, I’m trying solve a chicken shortage I’ve never been good at doing two things at the same time.

I think I’ve said enough, Hopefully when we meet again there no issues. I have a lot of respect for club, I wish you all the best for the season ahead. 

38 minutes ago, HonestMan1988 said:

Your players encroached the dugout Mick when celebrating. Wooing in our managers face,  which showed a complete lack of respect. That lead to the incident where the member of Glens staff got sent off for reacting. I don't seem to remember any Glens player actually in your technical area celebrating. 

Your fans were  involved too and also under the influence of alcohol also. There are other videos circulating also which show young Darvel fans also throwing punches. To be selective to paint Darvel in a better light and lay sole blame on Glenafton is pretty poor. 

I am in no way defending the Glens fans violence. It was horrific to see. 

In regards to the fan shouting at you about the "drugs" reference well that is up to you how you deal with that. Personal abuse aimed towards players and managers has been a mainstay at this grade for years and one which will likely continue.  Again not defending those actions but it is near impossible to eradicate that sort of thing at this grade of football. 

On a more positive note the game itself was a well contested affair with plenty action. A good advert for this level with two good footballing sides. 

Darvel fans at away games are generally under 18 years old or over 45 with a lot of women and children flung in , the home support attacked the younger ones who defended themselves actually very well which didn’t please the much older aggressors, one Darvel committee man was beaten by about 3 or 4 men ( not boys ) . A man in his thirties went too punch my son but stopped himself when he seen how young he was . Very aggressive home support who when it came down to folk standing up too them weren’t actually that good at it . Bigger away supports from Glasgow etc with more men between 20-40 I doubt they would have not have been attacked . Away teams will stop bringing fans there or possibly more men in groups will go there to leather them . Both scenarios not good for glenafton or their decent fans . The main instigators who can be seen in the sun video whilst not coming near enough to fight anyone caused others to attack the young Darvel fans . Absolutely no one from darvel instigated any fights but defended themselves which they needed to do . A scarey situation for the many younger lads and children and women to find themselves in the middle of . 

27 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

If Glenafton had won there would have been no trouble

I don’t think that’s actually true , there was a section of their support all with matching football tops on who seemed to be there just to cause trouble 

Darvel fans at away games are generally under 18 years old or over 45 with a lot of women and children flung in , the home support attacked the younger ones who defended themselves actually very well which didn’t please the much older aggressors, one Darvel committee man was beaten by about 3 or 4 men ( not boys ) . A man in his thirties went too punch my son but stopped himself when he seen how young he was . Very aggressive home support who when it came down to folk standing up too them weren’t actually that good at it . Bigger away supports from Glasgow etc with more men between 20-40 I doubt they would have not have been attacked . Away teams will stop bringing fans there or possibly more men in groups will go there to leather them . Both scenarios not good for glenafton or their decent fans . The main instigators who can be seen in the sun video whilst not coming near enough to fight anyone caused others to attack the young Darvel fans . Absolutely no one from darvel instigated any fights but defended themselves which they needed to do . A scarey situation for the many younger lads and children and women to find themselves in the middle of . 
This is what I heard happened from a good source

So surely glenafton have identified the people responsible for causing the trouble and banned them that must be the first thing they do to try and get any credibility back not try and justify the trouble by blaming goal celebrations or trying to condemn anything else 

So surely glenafton have identified the people responsible for causing the trouble and banned them that must be the first thing they do to try and get any credibility back not try and justify the trouble by blaming goal celebrations or trying to condemn anything else 
You would think the constant trouble at games these fans would already be banned

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What a carry on! Throw both clubs out!

The problem is that these incidents just keep happening.And it’s the same clubs every time.A points deduction or closed doors matches might suddenly focus some minds.

1 minute ago, Lokloyal said:

The problem is that these incidents just keep happening.And it’s the same clubs every time.A points deduction or closed doors matches might suddenly focus some minds.

My comment was tongue in cheek. You're right but I also bet my left nut nothing will happen.

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

My comment was tongue in cheek. You're right but I also bet my left nut nothing will happen.

I know-clubs won’t be tossed out but the problem Is that the thug issue never gets addressed either 

Firstly the Darvel young team / fans are not as innocent by previous comments should never of been in the stand for a start 
2nd - they were being wee fuds in stand also in bar and during game it allways had potential to start with way they went on if there daft enough to abuse older people well that’s there fault 
3rd - your commitee member walked down from other side of dug out and threatend then put the head on a boy who was trying to calm things down as there was infants in crowd as well . 
4th the way Darvel & there fans celebrated a thought yous had won the champions league . 
some game otherwise 😂

6 hours ago, 93glens17 said:

I’m no suggesting for a minute that it is pal .

the point I was making was that I’ve never saw a reaction like that before at loch park , darvel staff all over the pitch , fans all over the pitch , darvel  players in the glens technical area ? I wasn’t in the stand so I don’t know who was fighting or who caused it but I’m sure the actions of the darvel staff and players certainly fuelled the fire . Even walking into the clubhouse at the end of the game the darvel manager was still shouting at fans , which I thought might have caused even more trouble .

Aye. I remember your fans attacking our players for celebrating a couple of years ago too.

20 hours ago, geeman82 said:

20 hours ago, andy25 said:
20 hours ago, Yogi said:
IMG_8402.thumb.jpg.3b465acbe1faa67b8b3c2a2fccaacd5d.jpg

Same auld Glenafton supporters fighting because there team lose a match Glenafton should be banned from football it’s not the first or dare I say the last time there supporters attack opposition fans even players going into the dressing rooms

Not sticking up for Glenafton but I'm led to believe it was Darvel fans that were at fault.

Why are so many of the Glenafton fans wearing Rangers tops? Is it all a bit Rangers fan without the bus fare?

20 hours ago, Yogi said:

IMG_8402.jpg

Same auld Glenafton supporters fighting because there team lose a match Glenafton should be banned from football it’s not the first or dare I say the last time there supporters attack opposition fans even players going into the dressing rooms

Did anyone meet Maggie the inspiring SuperDog?

1 hour ago, star mix said:

Firstly the Darvel young team / fans are not as innocent by previous comments should never of been in the stand for a start 
2nd - they were being wee fuds in stand also in bar and during game it allways had potential to start with way they went on if there daft enough to abuse older people well that’s there fault 
3rd - your commitee member walked down from other side of dug out and threatend then put the head on a boy who was trying to calm things down as there was infants in crowd as well . 
4th the way Darvel & there fans celebrated a thought yous had won the champions league . 
some game otherwise 😂

Why should they not be in the stand surely without any segregation in place you are allowed to stand wherever you like ?