WoSFL Premier Division thread

32 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Unfortunately the talbot and Pollok I would think will stay in the league if there is promotion as they will not want teams a free run at the lowland league., if there was no promotion I think there outcome would be different. I hope I’m wrong and if they say no it’s no , no matter what.

Part of me thinks Talbot might sit out the season due to no fans. This year isn't likely to be a proper season even if fans come in at some point. 2021-22 might be back to relative normality. At which point would you prefer to be in the WoS Premier with traditional rivals or crisscrossing the Lowlands. Certainly one seems more likely to top up the coffers.

Pollok I don't know about, but it's not likely they'd get licenced in 2021. So don't think the promotion angle is enough on its own to tempt them.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Could Talbot sit out the league and still play in the Scottish Cup? Can't imagine they'd pass up the prize money a potential run in the Cup would give them.

There’s nothing to say Talbot would definitely get to  play in the Scottish this year anyway. The SFA were talking only letting an handful of lowland league teams play and give the rest of the lowland teams some sort of compensation equivalent to playing the first round

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Could Talbot sit out the league and still play in the Scottish Cup? Can't imagine they'd pass up the prize money a potential run in the Cup would give them.

Pretty sure in the past there has been examples of SFA members from the SoSFL & EoSFL that took a year out of the league competitions, but played in the Scottish or Qualifying Cups. Selkirk comes to mind, as they put together a scratch side and got hammered.

2 minutes ago, superpollok said:

No Talbot, Pollok, Cumnock, Kilbirnie.

The teams who have the bigger attendances.

This situation has clearly shown the teams that have people putting money into their team v the ones who generate their income from gate receipts / fans.

It also means not a thing if u win it as In all probability the best 2 teams are not taking part 

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

It also means not a thing if u win it as In all probability the best 2 teams are not taking part 

I don't think they'll mind if they end up getting promoted. By the time any LL Play-off happens it will be the 29th May - 5th June. Should hopefully have crowds back by the time that rolls around to make it a memorable occasion for the winning team.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think they'll mind if they end up getting promoted. By the time any LL Play-off happens it will be the 29th May - 5th June. Should hopefully have crowds back by the time that rolls around to make it a memorable occasion for the winning team.

Genuine question- How many of the teams taking part have a realistic chance of being licensed by February next year

15 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Brave decision from the two biggest clubs in the west. Hats off for making the right decision. Darvel will be creaming their pants at the thought of winning a league of friendlies with no promotion 

Vale of Leithen safe for another year.

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Vale of Leithen safe for another year.

...but the LL can still easily expand to 18 so promotion is not an issue. They only have a problem on dealing with numbers if an HL club gets promoted and a LL catchment club gets relegated as that could take things to 19.

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

Genuine question- How many of the teams taking part have a realistic chance of being licensed by February next year

Of the 16 left at the moment.

Rossvale & KRR are groundsharing and both grounds they use would need work.

Bonnyton Thistle haven't gotten licenced while in the SoSFL. I don't think they'll suddenly do the work to meet the requirements.

Blantyre Victoria, Cumbernauld Utd, Largs Thistle, Troon, Glenafton Athletic, Hurlford United, and Beith all need at least floodlights and little talk of getting them from what i've heard/seen.

Benburb noticeably lack cover but tick most of the other boxes. Not sure they'd rush up a small bit of covering or something more substantial for their seats. They probably would have worked on that during the summer if that was a target.

Irvine Meadow are working on elements to get licenced and have been actively fundraising. Just seems like there might be too much work to be done in time.

So that leaves Clydebank, Darvel, Kilwinning Rangers, and Rutherglen Glencairn as my best guesswork.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 09:27, Marshmallo said:

Any idea on when fixtures are likely to be released? Appreciate there isn't a concrete start date yet.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 09:27, Marshmallo said:

Any idea on when fixtures are likely to be released? Appreciate there isn't a concrete start date yet.

July 2021