WoSFL Premier Division thread

32 minutes ago, glensmad said:

On a particularly wet and cold Tuesday night in December no doubt. emoji6.png

£5,000 for a bus too and the fans weren't asked.

Edited by Sunrise

Champions I feel Talbot have the edge over Darvel. Darvel made some great signings however Talbot have an established squad who are used to playing together and have previously produced some great results and are winners. There's no doubt about that.

At the flip side then it's harder to predict tbh. I've saw a few saying Bonnyton but I've never saw them play so I don't know what they're like which would be unfair for me to say they'll go down. Rob Roy I'd say will probably go down given we finished bottom last season, got a young squad and there's alot of relegation places there.

However I do remember Rob Roy were favourites for relegation in 2016/17 and ended up 3 points from winning the league, so one can dream [emoji6]

Just now, Andy groundhopper said:

I wonder how many promotion places will be up for grabs when the Premier reaches 16, would it be the three divisional champions going up - and that's it ? That would make it a long season for some clubs. 

The 3 Conference set up is only for this season. From 2021-22 there will be a Premier Division, First Division, Second Division and Third Division. So there's likely to be 3 automatic promotion spots to the Top 3 in the First Division.

7 going down will make it even more important to get a good start to the league.Something which has let Lok down quite a few times recently 
Tell that to Rossvale who made a disastrous start to last season but then came storming up the table.

Gonna see a few clubs falling by the wayside,at least you may get back up straight away,the following season. What odds on a cracking 3 or 4 horse race at the top of the division,be a cracking start to the WOSFL. Over 38 games you'll get form going up and down, a miraculous escape at the bottom, something for almost every club to play for.

The Medda did exactly the same thing the season before that. Maybe the ebst thing to do is have a crap start and sneak up unexpectedly on everyone else later.
That was our plan anyway. [emoji23] That's my theory anyway, and I'm sticking to it. [emoji39]

They aren't licensed.

When does the 2020-21 season need to be ended by?
Are Bonnyton licensed? Say for example they won the League, when would it need to be finished by for them to have a play off with South/East/Lowland?

How many teams aim to be licensed by end of season and how many actually are already
None of the Premier Division sides are currently licensed, but a few hope to be licensed by the end of the season.