F1 2020

afc_36_0

21 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Same, i sim monaco and vietnam emoji90.png

I’m getting used to Vietnam now although I always lose time to the AI cars in the final sector.

20 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

In every F1 game at Monaco I always seem to do a decent qualifying lap and get my confidence up, only to lose my front wing at the first corner of every race.

It’s always Tabac for me, the quick left after the chicane. Sometimes need 4/5 flashbacks in a row to get round it :lol:

Does anyone else find Singapore murder? I won in Italy and have qualified 14th in Singapore.

Monaco and Hungary are the other two tracks I struggle badly at.

I found Vietnam fine tbh.

I used to but i quite like it in the new game, strategy and track position is quite important. If u qualify outside the top 10 and start on mediums u can make up a lot of time when the leaders pit on softs and get stuck behind slower cars

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Does anyone else find Singapore murder? I won in Italy and have qualified 14th in Singapore.

Monaco and Hungary are the other two tracks I struggle badly at.

I found Vietnam fine tbh.

Hungary is a pain in the arse.

Singapore is a doddle if you can one stop it and save charge & fuel for the straights. Just had Magnussen finish second for Haas there 😄

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just now getting into F1 due to watching the Netflix series. 

My next step was to look at the game but it's still 60 quid on the PS store which is the same price they want for 2021 which isn't far from release. Do we think it will be worth waiting or that EA will make a c**t of it anyway so just get 2020 now?

My next step was to look at the game but it's still 60 quid on the PS store which is the same price they want for 2021 which isn't far from release. Do we think it will be worth waiting or that EA will make a c**t of it anyway so just get 2020 now?
I think F1 2020 is on a free to play weekend this weekend. Might be worth downloading and hammering it over the weekend to see if you like it or not be for esplashong the cash.

18 minutes ago, spud131 said:
On 21/05/2021 at 12:08, #Gary said:

I think F1 2020 is on a free to play weekend this weekend. Might be worth downloading and hammering it over the weekend to see if you like it or not be for esplashong the cash.

After I posted I realised it was on the PS Now service which I've never used so hot a free 7 day trial of that and downloaded it last night. Only managed to get one race in and tried to start with a lot of the assists off as I generally do with other racing games I've played in the past but f**k me it was hard so I reverted to casual mode 😂

I think I have a lot to learn, I have no idea how people can use the little control panel thing while driving at the same time especially with manual gear shifting on.

Edited by #Gary

I think I have a lot to learn, I have no idea how people can use the little control panel thing while driving at the same time especially with manual gear shifting on.

Change the fuel mapping to the right joystick and thank me later.

Anyone notice that the other cars are randomly faster or slower on certain tracks? Like Russia or Mexico I’ll put it on pole by over a second, but Silverstone or Suzuka I’m always slower. In Suzuka they are always a lot faster on the exit of Spoon curve and I’m easily overtaken on the straight down to 130R despite having the fastest car :lol: 

Edited by IainMorton

• 2 weeks later...

Done an individual GP set at Baku in very heavy rain earlier this week after enjoying watching the Baku race.

Used stroll and got the victory but only just not sure that was to good for the heart.

That 0.007 second winning margin 😂😂

20210609_153733.jpg