Tier 6 relegation and league names

i have been told by a manger in the league that it will be 27 games. All teams to play against each other once then a random draw to see who will play each other twice. This could be rubbish but seems to fit with what ive heard.
That has not been discussed by the clubs, so to say that's what "it will be" is incorrect.

i have been told by a manger in the league that it will be 27 games. All teams to play against each other once then a random draw to see who will play each other twice. This could be rubbish but seems to fit with what ive heard.

Absolutely no chance that's true. If it were to be 28 games it would almost certainly be that you play everybody once, then the league splits into top 10 and bottom 10 and play everybody in your half once more.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, clash city rocker said:
Thought conferences were not allowed at that tier ? If the WRSJFA had went with null and void instead of PPG no clubs would have been ' promoted ' and this shambles would have been avoided. 

The SFA issue wasn't with conferences tier 6 but rather the number of teams in relation to JPP disciplinary process. SFA couldn't care less how a league is structured/formatted internally if the numbers are deemed acceptable.

Well the numbers the SFA deemed acceptable with Bonnyton and 3 'promoted' clubs is a massive headache especially with so little time to get a season completed. 

34 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Big Boab Jnr said:

Absolutely no chance that's true. If it were to be 27 games it would almost certainly be that you play everybody once, then the league splits into top 10 and bottom 10 and play everybody in your half once more.

Would that not be 19 plus 9 ?

So, by my calculations, that would mean:

- 2nd - 4th in the conferences would make the 21/22 First Division

- 5th - 10th (or thereabouts) would make up the Second Division

- and the remainder would make up the Third Division.

Does that sound about right? With the issues of getting games completed, a second spike, and Lowland League promotion/relegation notwithstanding.

Ah the mystical second wave that's been coming for months.[emoji849]

So, by my calculations, that would mean:
- 2nd - 4th in the conferences would make the 21/22 First Division
- 5th - 10th (or thereabouts) would make up the Second Division
- and the remainder would make up the Third Division.
Does that sound about right? With the issues of getting games completed, a second spike, and Lowland League promotion/relegation notwithstanding.

Going to be a bit of a cutthroat season at the bottom. 7 down is certainly going to make for competative games and real excitement at both ends of table. Be great if we could start before October but probably not going to happen. Could be tight with getting games played on time. Teams with pitches tending to be off during winter could struggle to get games in. I am thinking teams like Johnstone Burgh,Rutherglen and the like (off the top of my head). If its a wet winter then these type of pitches will possibly see a few call offs and that could lead to a major backlog.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy1 said:

Going to be a bit of a cutthroat season at the bottom. 7 down is certainly going to make for competative games and real excitement at both ends of table. Be great if we could start before October but probably not going to happen. Could be tight with getting games played on time. Teams with pitches tending to be off during winter could struggle to get games in. I am thinking teams like Johnstone Burgh,Rutherglen and the like (off the top of my head). If its a wet winter then these type of pitches will possibly see a few call offs and that could lead to a major backlog.

I think that will become a major issue, especially when you look at shared grounds... Maryhill and Drumchapel, Cumbernauld and Rob Roy. These pitches wont have any chance of recovery with games on them every week.....  Way too many games to fit in a shortened season, even with a mild winter.... If we have a bad winter, can't see any way of completing the season.

36 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Ah the mystical second wave that's been coming for months.emoji849.png

Hopefully the Scottish Government’s good handling of the epidemic will have spared us from it, but any virologist will tell you that that is a very real possibility. Particularly if people choose not to follow the clear advice that’s been given to them.

Anyway, if you want to drop the attitude, there’s some thoughts in my original post that you’re welcome to comment on.

4 hours ago, Jimmy1 said:

Johnstone Burgh could play some games at Renfrew like they did last season, and at least Rutherglen have lights so some midweek games can be played before April. Maybe Cumbernauld/Rob Roy could play a game at Broadwood if required.

There's 41 matchdays available from October to the end of May for those without floodlights. With only one cup it might be possible, and I'm sure the WOSFL will be looking at creative ways of shortening the season if needed. The league will also know by March whether they need to plan for a LL play-off.

Barring another Covid cancellation, if the league starts in October, it will be finished. I watched Pollok play 2-3 games a week for the last few weeks of the season in 2008 and plenty of other teams have done it. If there is only one cup competition to accommodate then there is plenty of time with midweek games being factored in, especially if the league make an early call on splitting the league at the halfway point.

Anyone that says the season will end with league games unplayed (again, barring another curtailed season) is simply looking for a way to sling mud at the new setup.

Hopefully the Scottish Government’s good handling of the epidemic will have spared us from it, but any virologist will tell you that that is a very real possibility. Particularly if people choose not to follow the clear advice that’s been given to them.
Anyway, if you want to drop the attitude, there’s some thoughts in my original post that you’re welcome to comment on.

Interesting post on a footie forum Nicola!!
Your wonderful leadership will no doubt stem from your ‘good handling’ of the Nike Conference non-action & fantastic Care Home strategy

6 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Barring another Covid cancellation, if the league starts in October, it will be finished. I watched Pollok play 2-3 games a week for the last few weeks of the season in 2008 and plenty of other teams have done it. If there is only one cup competition to accommodate then there is plenty of time with midweek games being factored in, especially if the league make an early call on splitting the league at the halfway point.

Anyone that says the season will end with league games unplayed (again, barring another curtailed season) is simply looking for a way to sling mud at the new setup.

Of course it will be finished. It will have to be finished (except if COVID rears its head again). The fixture man will be held responsible for getting it fixtured to a finish. What has to be remembered here is that there are human resources involved. These lads are semi professional meaning they have full time jobs. Playing 2-3 games a week takes it's toll on these men who are putting their bodies/family lives on the line for our entertainment. The situation has been mismanaged to allow a 20 team league and everyone has to deal with it.

It is a shambolic situation. That's not mudslinging, it's the truth. 

Edited by jimbaxters

15 hours ago, andy25 said:

Ah the mystical second wave that's been coming for months.emoji849.png

If there is going to be a second wave then it's obviously not going to have happened yet, because you can't have a second wave whilst the first one is ongoing. It would be like being 30 minutes into a football game and wondering why the 2nd half hadn't started yet.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Of course it will be finished. It will have to be finished (except if COVID rears its head again). The fixture man will be held responsible for getting it fixtured to a finish. What has to be remembered here is that there are human resources involved. These lads are semi professional meaning they have full time jobs. Playing 2-3 games a week takes it's toll on these men who are putting their bodies/family lives on the line for our entertainment. The situation has been mismanaged to allow a 20 team league and everyone has to deal with it.

It is a shambolic situation. That's not mudslinging, it's the truth. 

Spot on bud there are folk saying a 38 game season might just be possible but to me it's too much of a gamble in what is basically a stop gap season. Players will have not played or even trained ( Darvel excepted ) for six months to ask them to play so many games in a short period whilst also having to work would be ridiculous and standards will suffer. The fixture guy would come under intense pressure with a couple of wipeout Saturdays as well. There's talk of teams playing each other once then splitting into two 10 team championship/relegation groups but if it's 7 down that's a helluva lot to come from a 10 club relegation group. There's no easy answer but for me less is best a shortened season should mean less not more fixtures.

11 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Spot on bud there are folk saying a 38 game season might just be possible but to me it's too much of a gamble in what is basically a stop gap season. Players will have not played or even trained ( Darvel excepted ) for six months to ask them to play so many games in a short period whilst also having to work would be ridiculous and standards will suffer. The fixture guy would come under intense pressure with a couple of wipeout Saturdays as well. There's talk of teams playing each other once then splitting into two 10 team championship/relegation groups but if it's 7 down that's a helluva lot to come from a 10 club relegation group. There's no easy answer but for me less is best a shortened season should mean less not more fixtures.

If there is a late starting or interrupted season that's no-one's fault but even if COVID doesn't affect the year there is going to be an undue amount of pressure on everyone involved with the 20 team set up. You're correct in pointing out the potential (or in truth, reality) of losing whole weekends due to the weather. This seems to be forgotten every summer.

No solution to it. Just hope that the fans understand when their team are underperforming instead of bursting a blood vessel roaring at guys who misplace a pass playing their third game in a week.

And Talbot fans are the worst for it[emoji57]

If there is a late starting or interrupted season that's no-one's fault but even if COVID doesn't affect the year there is going to be an undue amount of pressure on everyone involved with the 20 team set up. You're correct in pointing out the potential (or in truth, reality) of losing whole weekends due to the weather. This seems to be forgotten every summer.
No solution to it. Just hope that the fans understand when their team are underperforming instead of bursting a blood vessel roaring at guys who misplace a pass playing their third game in a week.

Sure that an October start, with midweek games included, the season will be finished ok -  guess it's the weather and another (Chinese) virus that may undermine things. Be excellent to see the Scottish non league system joining the football fold,and playing under the lights - with supporters returning in good numbers. Just in case I'd go for PPG around March 💣