Tier 6 relegation and league names

This could all have been avoided if when declaring champions and awarding promotion they also declared relegation (I have no idea who the bottom three would have been). Then it would have been a 17 team league  then  season and 16 next year.  And would have  made the season easier to complete with less games to be played.  

15 minutes ago, beithboy said:

This could all have been avoided if when declaring champions and awarding promotion they also declared relegation (I have no idea who the bottom three would have been). Then it would have been a 17 team league  then  season and 16 next year.  And would have  made the season easier to complete with less games to be played.  

Exactly. 20 teams with an October start and 7 to be relegated is ridiculous.  

If they were promoting 3 ( politics) then they should have relegated 3 on the same points per game basis... 

This is now a shambles... Some teams, with "dodgy" pitches  ( no blame, just weather and location, and maybe sharing) had only played 15 or so games by March with an August start, how can they possibly hope to play 38 games with an October start..

If they were promoting 3 ( politics) then they should have relegated 3 on the same points per game basis...

The WRSJFA didn't declare promotion or relegation. They had no need to, as they knew there were not going to be any WRSJFA leagues anymore.

The WoSFL were told by Rod Petrie to take the existing 16 team West Region Premiership as the tier 6 league. The WoSFL then asked for the inclusion of Bonnyton which was conceded. And a further concession was made by the SFA to allow the three teams who were at the top of the West Region Championship.

There was no promotion or relegation.

A rapid fire decision to get to the Premier 16 then, maybe target 4 X 16 eventually, if/when clubs go up,down,sideways, fold etc. Bit of a shambolic first season, you definitely need midweek fixtures to clear 38 games - dependant on a bad winter or other viruses appearing. Let's just hope the season gets completed,including the Development League without too many problems.

I think we all knew there was going to be a fair number of midweek games. Unfortunately that may mean that the clubs with floodlights get the raw deal with many of their home games scheduled for midweek, resulting in lower crowds.

Hopefully not.

I guess that few cup competitions will be played in the first season? I can't see west premiership clubs being involved in the Junior Cup either tbh as there just won't be the time to play the fixtures.

I do agree that it seems sensible to just straight away take the hit and go to 16 so there is a clear structure from next season. How will the league sizes be with 67 clubs? Will it be 16-16-17-18 or will it be something like 16-16-14-11/10? The latter would make sense to me, you can regionalise the 3rd division and have space to accept new clubs that might want to move across from the amateurs (or completely new clubs).

The WRSJFA didn't declare promotion or relegation. They had no need to, as they knew there were not going to be any WRSJFA leagues anymore.

The WoSFL were told by Rod Petrie to take the existing 16 team West Region Premiership as the tier 6 league. The WoSFL then asked for the inclusion of Bonnyton which was conceded. And a further concession was made by the SFA to allow the three teams who were at the top of the West Region Championship.

There was no promotion or relegation.

The fact they 3 championship clubs, who happened to be in in the top three places in the final league standings are in the new Premier league would clearly suggest there was promotion. No relegation but most definitely those teams were promoted. Strange that you even suggesting otherwise.

The fact they 3 championship clubs, who happened to be in in the top three places in the final league standings are in the new Premier league would clearly suggest there was promotion. No relegation but most definitely those teams were promoted. Strange that you even suggesting otherwise.
It wasn't "promotion" though, as the WRSJFA didn't declare promotion and relegation. It was a concession by the SFA to allow these three teams to be included in the Premier Division as they would have been the only clubs who otherwise would have been playing at a lower level than their 'points per game average' would have earned.

I suppose it could be looked on as promotion, but it wasn't really. It was more of a gesture by the SFA to keep everyone happy. (Except Shotts weren't happy at all about it.)

I guess that few cup competitions will be played in the first season? I can't see west premiership clubs being involved in the Junior Cup either tbh as there just won't be the time to play the fixtures.
I do agree that it seems sensible to just straight away take the hit and go to 16 so there is a clear structure from next season. How will the league sizes be with 67 clubs? Will it be 16-16-17-18 or will it be something like 16-16-14-11/10? The latter would make sense to me, you can regionalise the 3rd division and have space to accept new clubs that might want to move across from the amateurs (or completely new clubs).
I think the league structure is to be 16-16-18-17, but I may be corrected on that.

The only cup that is likely to be played for next season is the South Challenge Cup. I agree that very few Premier Division (please don't call it 'Premiership' [emoji39] ) clubs will have space for taking part in the Scottish Junior Cup. In fact, as I've said all along, I don't see where the SJC fits into a normal season of 30 games either when the West of Scotland League Cup is added season after next.

It wasn't "promotion" though, as the WRSJFA didn't declare promotion and relegation. It was a concession by the SFA to allow these three teams to be included in the Premier Division as they would have been the only clubs who otherwise would have been playing at a lower level than their 'points per game average' would have earned.

I suppose it could be looked on as promotion, but it wasn't really. It was more of a gesture by the SFA to keep everyone happy. (Except Shotts weren't happy at all about it.)

So simply their ‘points per game average’ has earned them a promotion from last year. It’s plain and simple to see. Shotts weren’t happy cause they didn’t get promoted like the other 3 teams and they felt it unjust.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I think the league structure is to be 16-16-18-17, but I may be corrected on that.

That's the most sensible set up if the number of clubs remains static, but if there is going to be promotion from and relegation into the Premier Division and new clubs joining the set up you'd pretty quickly run into potential problems and having bigger leagues again. 

I understand that they're not going to do so in the short term but it might be better to go with 5 tiers or smaller regional leagues at tier 8 or 9.

If the top tier doesn't want to opt for 38 games best option would be all teams playing once for 19 games then a split with another round resulting in 28 games played.
Or they could split at the start into two conferences of 10 teams and play home and away, then play the teams in the other conference once (5 at home, 5 away), which also gives 28 games.

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:
29 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
If the top tier doesn't want to opt for 38 games best option would be all teams playing once for 19 games then a split with another round resulting in 28 games played.

Or they could split at the start into two conferences of 10 teams and play home and away, then play the teams in the other conference once (5 at home, 5 away), which also gives 28 games.

Or 2 conferences of 10 and then the top 5 of each conference playing the top 5 of the other conference home and away for the championship. Same with the bottom 5 against relegation.

So 7 down, conferences split,  starting in october possibly,  loads of home mid week games,  people referring to the leagues as all sorts of names,  some god forsaken souless tinpot cup called the south challenge thingy cup, the silent majority of junior supporters having no clue what's going on,  its like a fictional game of championships manager. 

Nobody with any experience of the clubs and people in the league running things instead people with no experience with said west clubs with the odd committee man at clubs chipping in on zoom calls , one club possibly more acting illegally training a bland statement issued making it obvious whoever is running this circus is aware. 

Nobody having a scooby doo if anyone will  get promoted from the west region into a lowland league where most of the teams are university teams,  plastic boys clubs and east dross then its not guaranteed anyone will get promoted to a corrupt inept league 2.

Laughable shambles. 

Edited by ballermk

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I doubt they'd ever do a mid season split due to the difficulty in getting everyone to finish at the same time. 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Thought conferences were not allowed at that tier ? If the WRSJFA had went with null and void instead of PPG no clubs would have been ' promoted ' and this shambles would have been avoided. 

Thought conferences were not allowed at that tier ? If the WRSJFA had went with null and void instead of PPG no clubs would have been ' promoted ' and this shambles would have been avoided. 
The SFA issue wasn't with conferences tier 6 but rather the number of teams in relation to JPP disciplinary process. SFA couldn't care less how a league is structured/formatted internally if the numbers are deemed acceptable.