Dundee Utd, Raith & Cove wanting us all to contribute towards legal fees

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It was a fund started by our fans as opposed to the board asking for the money. Football isn't like other industries: this pandemic just emphasises it. People will spend a few hundred on a season ticket and yet still donate unquestioningly because of the emotional attachment. Everyone wants the best for their clubs.

The situation is, of course, a complete farce. There have been a lot of folk on twitter stating they hope go bust which is disgusting. We're in a rather strange position where had we voted for the league not to end, and for reconstruction we'd still be in there position where we'd likely have ended up in court anyway. There are aspects where our board have communicated poorly but still in our interests. We didn't vote for reconstruction as it was rushed, but ultimately it was top flight teams who vetoed

Our chairman has said there's been a good response from other clubs. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some clubs publicly come out and denounce it before sending us some money. Obviously Falkirk's response is understandable. Another poster touched on the compensation which could be a key factor in why clubs may support us.

It wasn't too long ago Budge was talking about too many senior teams in Scottish football. I don't think we'll have many fans from your average support, but even then I'm confident that the fan bases of ourselves, united and cove will still do their part as shown with the funds already raised on the Tynecastle to Tannadice walk.

On the other side if The Jambos and PT win compo Clubs like Falkirk Stranraer and others will be green lighted to seek compo precedent having been set

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

When?

The government has just allowed competitive games to happen again this weekend, and the top flight has to start on August 1st or you lose more money by impacting the 20/21 TV deal than you would ending the 19/20 TV deal early.

So please explain how top flight sides could play (including play offs), 10 games in 14 days.

Also, with what players? And how will wages, testing and staging of games be paid for? Or more accurately, what will they be paid with?

7 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

So you are happy that clubs gaining a boost to resources from promotion are putting out the begging bowl  Nope they have decide to fight they pick up the bill

Said increased resources they haven't been given yet.

11 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

So you are happy that clubs gaining a boost to resources from promotion are putting out the begging bowl  Nope they have decide to fight they pick up the bill

I haven't said anything like that. I just want every club to focus on restarting and stop crying about how "shambolic" or "unfair" everything is. Every day we have a new claim of unfairness, its fucking boring. It was impossible to please everyone but the decision is made, get on with it.

It feels like this awful, boring saga will never end. I don’t think anyone has come out of it looking particularly good, and that especially includes my own club (not surprising at all given the jokers we have steering the ship).

That said, Dundee United asking for financial help from Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath is an off-the-scale level of riddy.

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

When?

The government has just allowed competitive games to happen again this weekend, and the top flight has to start on August 1st or you lose more money by impacting the 20/21 TV deal than you would ending the 19/20 TV deal early.

So please explain how top flight sides could play (including play offs), 10 games in 14 days.

Explain to you ? No thanks.

ps. Calm down - you seem to be angry all the time mate.

53 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It was a fund started by our fans as opposed to the board asking for the money. Football isn't like other industries: this pandemic just emphasises it. People will spend a few hundred on a season ticket and yet still donate unquestioningly because of the emotional attachment. Everyone wants the best for their clubs.

The situation is, of course, a complete farce. There have been a lot of folk on twitter stating they hope go bust which is disgusting. We're in a rather strange position where had we voted for the league not to end, and for reconstruction we'd still be in there position where we'd likely have ended up in court anyway. There are aspects where our board have communicated poorly but still in our interests. We didn't vote for reconstruction as it was rushed, but ultimately it was top flight teams who vetoed

Our chairman has said there's been a good response from other clubs. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some clubs publicly come out and denounce it before sending us some money. Obviously Falkirk's response is understandable. Another poster touched on the compensation which could be a key factor in why clubs may support us.

It wasn't too long ago Budge was talking about too many senior teams in Scottish football. I don't think we'll have many fans from your average support, but even then I'm confident that the fan bases of ourselves, united and cove will still do their part as shown with the funds already raised on the Tynecastle to Tannadice walk.

Apologies mate. I thought the just giving page was started by Andy Mill who is on the Raith board.

Thats my mistake.

45 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

You're agreeing with him, and I agree with you both.

Clubs bleating about "it's no fair" from any side at the moment is a terrible look. Raith/Dundee Utd/Cove are in a fortunate position of being promoted (particularly Raith) and should just get on with it from here. They had no legal obligation to go to court or to take this further arbitration further and they're now asking clubs like Stenhousemuir and Cowdenbeath to fund them. 

59 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Funny then how your chairman never mentioned anything about it being rushed but stated that clubs shouldn't be looking at reconstruction whilst covid 19 was going on the same covid 19 which was there when he publicly backed reconstruction when demanding the league be handed to them.

Our view is that this is not the right time to do reconstruction,” said the Stark’s Park chief. 

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Youre an absolute moron.

Just parrot a stupid opinion you've seen others have, and then when questioned you just, again, copy other folks insults.

Claiming the season could be finished without having a clue how is entirely on brand for you.

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was a fair question. You put forward a view about resuming the season without explaining how to achieve that within the time available and Government restrictions.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

It was a fair question. You put forward a view about resuming the season without explaining how to achieve that within the time available and Government restrictions.

Don't worry, he'll be back to tell me how boring I am in a minute.

God forbid he has an original thought.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youre an absolute moron.

Just parrot a stupid opinion you've seen others have, and then when questioned you just, again, copy other folks insults.

Claiming the season could be finished without having a clue how is entirely on brand for you.

Cheers - loving your insults.

You are the quintessential keyboard warrior.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Personally I would not have had a break and played 2 games a week from August until Christmas.

Just my opinion though Sarge.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Personally I would not have had a break and played 2 games a week from August until Christmas.

Just my opinion though Sarge.

I still don't understand. Are you talking about ending the last season now, then beginning  the new one immediately after it?

There would be an issue with player contracts. Apart from that the clubs couldn't afford to pay players that  long if there is no gate income.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

If Hearts and their bitches Partick Thistle had behaved in the proper manner there would be no need for any of this.

Celtic fan pontificating about clubs behaving in a proper manner?

Please stop. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Also, with what players? And how will wages, testing and staging of games be paid for? Or more accurately, what will they be paid with?

Said increased resources they haven't been given yet.

Has the prize money been paid then to all intents and purposes they have gained an advantage larger coffer of funds to draw on Ability to attract better players etc

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

It feels like this awful, boring saga will never end. I don’t think anyone has come out of it looking particularly good, and that especially includes my own club (not surprising at all given the jokers we have steering the ship).

That said, Dundee United asking for financial help from Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath is an off-the-scale level of riddy.

Or Dundee United even asking Ayr United for compo when they took their best 2 players for free last season also has a pretty high up riddy scale. Likewise them asking Dunfermline when they have spent most of the summer trying to get Nisbet off them.

likewise them asking Queens Park when they regularly plundered them for Robertson, Connolly and Spittal and made a point of not wiggling out of compensation by stating that because the spiders were amateur they did not need to pay them any

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Yep you are entirely correct on both points 👍