Dundee Utd, Raith & Cove wanting us all to contribute towards legal fees

Can't help thinking if the season had just been voided, we wouldn't have any of this. Yes there would be winners & losers  (or, if we'd held off longer, we could've played it out).

What do people make of the above 3 wanting Premiership clubs to pay £5000 each, Championship £2000 each & league 1 & 2 clubs to pay £1000 each towards their legal fees?

Surely those 3 clubs are the ones who'll gain financially from promotion, yet, they want us to foot the bill?

Do they have a cheek asking, or, in clubbing together are we fighting a bigger evil of stopping Hearts & Partick trying to avoid relegation, due to having bigger, more expensive legal teams?

Edited by Life on Marrs?

If Hearts & Partick win their case at arbitration then the the compensation these clubs are asking for will essentially be paid for by the rest of the clubs. The SPFL don't have £10million salted away in some bank account, it'll come out of prize money etc. United have a bit of a cheek considering they've just spent on a new manager and will probably do the same on new players. I have sympathy for Raith and Cove however. 

Ultimately Hearts and Partick have behaved in disgraceful fashion. Personally I hope they both lose the case (likely) and are expelled from the league for bringing the game into disrepute. Hearts going to the wall as a result would be a pleasing bonus also. 

6 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Can't help thinking if the season had just been voided, we wouldn't have any of this. Yes there would be winners & losers  (or, if we'd held off longer, we could've played it out).

What do people make of the above 3 wanting Premiership clubs to pay £5000 each, Championship £2000 each & league 1 & 2 clubs to pay £1000 each towards their legal fees?

Surely those 3 clubs are the ones who'll gain financially from promotion, yet, they want us to foot the bill?

Do they have a cheek asking, or, in clubbing together are we fighting a bigger evil of stopping Hearts & Partick trying to avoid relegation, due to having bigger, more expensive legal teams?

We should have waited and finished the season but the SPFL and majority of clubs were desperate to end it.

Its a tough time for all clubs. None of us should contribute anything.

1 hour ago, MethilMink said:

People are dying and these clubs only care about number 1. 

Also have no kwams about keeping this shitshow going and keeping scottish football at bay. They finished bottom, deal with it.

Keep kwam and carry on!

Guest Ecosse83

Didn't Dundee Utd spunk some amount of money on a wage bill last season? Something like 130% I'm sure I read?

If that is true then clubs should tell them where to go, cheeky buggers!

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

And the Raith fans already handed their board over a considerable sum.

They probably have it stashed away refusing to use it. Jokers the lot of them!

7 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

If the season had been voided this crisis would have increased 10 fold as Celtic would have an axe to grind. 

The only fair option was finishing the season and that just simply wasn't possible despite how much fans of affected clubs wanted it to be. 

Edited by CALDERON

46 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We should have waited and finished the season but the SPFL and majority of clubs were desperate to end it.

When?

The government has just allowed competitive games to happen again this weekend, and the top flight has to start on August 1st or you lose more money by impacting the 20/21 TV deal than you would ending the 19/20 TV deal early.

So please explain how top flight sides could play (including play offs), 10 games in 14 days.

And the Raith fans already handed their board over a considerable sum.
It was a fund started by our fans as opposed to the board asking for the money. Football isn't like other industries: this pandemic just emphasises it. People will spend a few hundred on a season ticket and yet still donate unquestioningly because of the emotional attachment. Everyone wants the best for their clubs.

The situation is, of course, a complete farce. There have been a lot of folk on twitter stating they hope go bust which is disgusting. We're in a rather strange position where had we voted for the league not to end, and for reconstruction we'd still be in there position where we'd likely have ended up in court anyway. There are aspects where our board have communicated poorly but still in our interests. We didn't vote for reconstruction as it was rushed, but ultimately it was top flight teams who vetoed

Our chairman has said there's been a good response from other clubs. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some clubs publicly come out and denounce it before sending us some money. Obviously Falkirk's response is understandable. Another poster touched on the compensation which could be a key factor in why clubs may support us.

It wasn't too long ago Budge was talking about too many senior teams in Scottish football. I don't think we'll have many fans from your average support, but even then I'm confident that the fan bases of ourselves, united and cove will still do their part as shown with the funds already raised on the Tynecastle to Tannadice walk.

7 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

As I see the clubs that chose this fight should foot the bill Why should my club lose financially to three clubs gaining the most No if the go bust because they picked this hill to die on so be it 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I could not be more bored of this saga. I wish every club would fucking stop crying and deal with the hand you've been dealt. Everyone's in a tough situation, get on with it.

So you are happy that clubs gaining a boost to resources from promotion are putting out the begging bowl  Nope they have decide to fight they pick up the bill