SPFL Famous Family XI

26 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Markus Fjortoft (CB) son of Jan Aage Fjortoft

Alex Gogic (CB/CM) son of Sinisa Gogic.

Danny Redmond (LM) son of Steve Redmond

I’d also vouch for Hasselbaink to be taken out since Jimmy Floyd said he didn’t actually know who he was and didn’t think he was related to him aka Wee fat nige talking pish.

Nigel stays on the bench for now. 

Markus Fjortoft gets in the squad. Neither of the other suggestions are strong enough to make the bench given the star power already there. They can get a game for the reserves. 

Johnathon Gould (Celtic)- his old man managed Wimbledon, Wales and others.

Max Christie (Hearts, Meadowbank, Alloa)- his old man was the legendary Terry

Alfie Conn (Rangers and Celtic) IIRC his old man was part of Hearts "Terrible Trio"

Sone Aluko (Aberdeen, Rangers) Sister is Eni Aluko. Eni played for England, Sone for Nigeria.

Joe McBride (Hibs, Dundee etc)- I think his old man Joe was more famous as he played for Stein era Celtic

Edinburgh City had Jason Cummings brother/cousin for a season. He was shite so I can't remember the family relationship or his first name!

Bob Shankly managed Dundee and Stirling Albion. His brother managed an obscure Merseyside outfit.

John Jobson (Meadowbank)- brother Richard did quite well with the Skids.

Chris Robertson ( Meadowbank, Berwick). Wee Brother John was a Meadowbank ball boy before becoming a Hearts legend

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll compile it based not on ability but how famous in fitba terms the relative is. 

Great work, but surely despite the above statement....

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

Gavin Skelton (brother of Helen...)

...has to be worth a shout for the wid factor provided by Helen, and although not fitba, she's got a fair few impressive physical achievements (steady!) to her name - cycling to the South Pole, ultra marathons, that SAS programme etc 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Johnathon Gould (Celtic)- his old man managed Wimbledon, Wales and others. - YES good one. Straight into the Scotland XI for now

Max Christie (Hearts, Meadowbank, Alloa)- his old man was the legendary Terry - Never heard of his old man who appeared to peak at Stirling Albion level. No entry.

Alfie Conn (Rangers and Celtic) IIRC his old man was part of Hearts "Terrible Trio" - Gets on the Scotland XI Bench

Sone Aluko (Aberdeen, Rangers) Sister is Eni Aluko. Eni played for England, Sone for Nigeria. - He's not quite living off the success of the family name. He's significantly older than his Tory sister. Nope

Joe McBride (Hibs, Dundee etc)- I think his old man Joe was more famous as he played for Stein era Celtic - Gets on the Scotland XI bench

Edinburgh City had Jason Cummings brother/cousin for a season. He was shite so I can't remember the family relationship or his first name! - Fucking Jason Cummings - away ye go! :lol: 

Bob Shankly managed Dundee and Stirling Albion. His brother managed an obscure Merseyside outfit. - Not got to managers yet but will bear in mind

John Jobson (Meadowbank)- brother Richard did quite well with the Skids. - Class. What division did they play in? NAE ENTRY!!!

Chris Robertson ( Meadowbank, Berwick). Wee Brother John was a Meadowbank ball boy before becoming a Hearts legend - Excluded. He cant really have pushed on a career based on the family name if he was playing before his wee brother.

Edited by djchapsticks

I've now added a Scottish XI. Needing a few positions (mainly wide players) for first XI.

Most of these guys would even touch that squad of international superstar names, so Nepotism FC has expanded already into a Scottish squad and a Rest of the World squad.

Edited by djchapsticks

13 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I can't remember the rules. Do they have to have played in the spfl, or is playing international level enough?

Scotland Gemmill

Yeah I added Scott Gemmill into the exempt list. Shame as he's a prime candidate but they have to have played for a Scottish club. 

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah I added Scott Gemmill into the exempt list. Shame as he's a prime candidate but they have to have played for a Scottish club. 

Ok.

Pointless fact:- His name is spelt Scot Gemmill as he was actually christened Scotland Gemmill.  Or so I was led to believe..

25 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Ok.

Pointless fact:- His name is spelt Scot Gemmill as he was actually christened Scotland Gemmill.  Or so I was led to believe..

Not true. 

Scotland is his middle name. 

His first name is 'Howthefuckdidhegettwentysixcapsfor'