The Highland League Table, 11/08/1979 - 23/04/2022

Jimmy Shaker

For the teams given in bold in the above post, the winning record given is their actual longest league winning run in the Highland League. The others have been about a lot longer and may improve on their numbers when I add more years into the database. 

Interestingly, both Brora and Cove set theirs in recent seasons, only to fall at the final hurdle as they attempted to match Inverness Thistle's then-record of twenty straight wins. Brora would have matched it this season but lost to the Broch in August, while Cove saw their hopes of getting to twenty wins also knackered by the Broch, back in 2015. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see this a fair piece of work !  I had just moved back to Inverness in '79 from living in Sutherland when Keith, from recall were flying high during the late seventies. Unlike the top tier of the pyramid there's been a fair few changing of the guards since then. 

58 minutes ago, Captain Marble said:

Great to see this a fair piece of work !  I had just moved back to Inverness in '79 from living in Sutherland when Keith, from recall were flying high during the late seventies. Unlike the top tier of the pyramid there's been a fair few changing of the guards since then. 

It's phenomenal, imho.

1 hour ago, Captain Marble said:

It's a fantastic bit of work. 

With regard to that Keith side, they were terrific. Des Bremner of Aston Villa's brother played for them then if I'm not mistaken? Went over to Keith a couple of times with ma Dad to see them in Scottish Cup ties round about that time and remember regular skelpings for Buckie as well 😐 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...