Gerry Cinnamon - embrace the seethe

pandarilla

I heard a song called "Sometimes" and thought it was decent enough, quite liked it. I also heard a song called "Belter" and it made me want to chew off my own arm just so i'd have something to smash the radio with.

It was much later that I found out not only was it the same guy, but they are off the same album. Bizarre stuff...why the different approach?

Edited by Al B

I’m not a really into his stuff. I will say however that I think “Where We’re Going” is actually alright. I like the guitar in it.

He’s getting some heavy abuse on this thread. Given the choice I’d rather hear him on the radio than other typical mainstream music such as grime and Ed Sheeran.

13 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I was a bit of a ned when i was a teenager, 

13 hours ago, pandarilla said:

When i was 17 i left ayr and went to uni in Glasgow

*whispers* Pandarilla, you weren't a Ned if you went on to Uni. 

*whispers* Pandarilla, you weren't a Ned if you went on to Uni. 
[emoji4] I'm taking that as a compliment (but not entirely sure that it is).

I dressed like a ned, hung about the streets with neds, listened to fairly neddy music. It was a sharp turnaround at uni, and sadly, i lost touch with all my school pals (kept in touch with one guy for a few years but drifted apart).

For me, really neddy music is happy hard-core stuff, which I've never liked. Cinnamon writes good tunes and is singing about some big issues.

There's no denying he's got a neddy following but I'm genuinely surprised that there aren't a few more folk who like his stuff on here.

Sometimes p&b surprises me.

All the songs I've heard of his (none through choice as the boys on site listen to MFR) sound exactly the same, and are all fucking shite.  He also looks and sounds like an utter penis and probably thinks he's hard.

I actually heard his song The Bonny by the Dropkick Murphys before I heard the original.  The Dropkick Murphys' (who I'm not a massive fan of anyway due to them being Americans pretending to be Irish) cover wasn't very good and the original was somehow even worse.

On 09/07/2020 at 21:30, jamamafegan said:

I’m not a really into his stuff. I will say however that I think “Where We’re Going” is actually alright. I like the guitar in it.

He’s getting some heavy abuse on this thread. Given the choice I’d rather hear him on the radio than other typical mainstream music such as grime and Ed Sheeran.

Ed Sheehan and Gerry Cinnamon are essentially the same act.  An unhealthy looking, daft dressed white lad with a guitar and a tonne of guitar loops. 

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Cinnamon reminds me a bit of Scheme, an unsigned band from Easterhouse, who managed to sell out the Apollo and were a bit of a West of Scotland phenomenon. They were also shite beyond anything words can describe.

There was a bbc documentary about them...

I love how they think that it was their uncompromising stance that denied them success and not the fact that they were unbelievably pish.

14 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I love how they think that it was their uncompromising stance that denied them success and not the fact that they were unbelievably pish.

To be fair there have been some really successful pish bands