Cancel culture

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Comedian isn’t a protected class

They don’t have a right to perform in private venues

Would you be acting this way if Mr Sadowitz wasn't Jewish. I am fairly confident you would lap up his act if it was full of anti semitism.

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I obviously didn't click on the Paul Joseph Watson video, his voice is like steely nasal hairs being scraped on slate, but Joan of Arc was proper cancelled for being non binary, claiming to be both god and woman.

Aye, I noticed the Joan of Arc thing and, yeah, that lassie was proper cancelled. Blasphemy wasn't compatible with a long life back in the day. The authorities in France were just so damned woke.

I've no idea why some people thinking Lizzie I might have been considered non-binary is here, though. Steve's mind & Twitter feed must be something to behold.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I seem to recall you accusing Scotland of being full of Catholic haters on several occasions so keep the stones in your pockets.

So you randomly make up lies about me?

Nae bother wee man

I hope you feel better now 

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Imagine jumping in two footed before you know even the slightest bit of context about something and you end up being forced to support a guy who had a show cancelled for flashing a member of his audience. 

We've all been there. I am old enough to remember Alex Howden trotting on stage naked with his pants avec un skidmarks, so nothing really phases me that much. That said I am deliberately trying to wind people up so I will sit down & shut up from here on in & take perverse pleasure in my selection of Kyogo being the top scorer in the SPFL this season. I suspect that today will not end well for us.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

We've all been there. I am old enough to remember Alex Howden trotting on stage naked with his pants avec un skidmarks, so nothing really phases me that much. That said I am deliberately trying to wind people up so I will sit down & shut up from here on in & take perverse pleasure in my selection of Kyogo being the top scorer in the SPFL this season. I suspect that today will not end well for us.

Wasn't even talking about you, or anyone else in particular, man so you carry on. 

I was there on Friday night. I’ve seen Jerry 20 plus times and thought he was in great form on Friday, played longer than usual with a bit more magic than usual. Some fantastic tirades and as per, got his tadger  out! I noticed maybe 30 people walking out in the first 15 mins….f**k them! What did they think they were going to see?

Its already been touched on, the frustrating thing with Jerry’s audiences of late, is that they’ve been attracting “stag party” types who believe that Jerry actually means the stuff that he says.

As for him selling out from now on due to the publicity, I don’t think he gives a f**k if he sells out or not. I can’t imagine he’ll be enjoying this publicity.

Its all very sad that yet again we are pandering to the easily offended.

Very interesting to see oaksoft leap to the defence of someone who was waving their dick around uninvited, given his previous outraged defence of women being the subject of uninvited sexual advances.
It must be hard to remember what act you are on, when you have more faces than a pack of cards.

So far as him getting his dick out I don't think it would be a big deal if he was just waving it about on stage, especially as he gives a warning that he might. Sounds like he was specifically targeting a woman in the front row though. Might not be a major issue in the Wembley Arena but it could be seriously creepy in a small theatre. 

We're all forgetting that having a doctorate in computers absolves you from the possibility of being wrong. 

Let's not hound the poor guy, after all we know the dangers of embarking on pile ons attacking genuine subject matter experts from this excellent article from Professor Devi Sridhar he himself highlighted. 

Who are we without a PhD in MS Office to criticise what is and what is no cancel culture with such poignant and informed analysis as this?

On 12/08/2022 at 14:47, oaksoft said:

Devi Sridhar playing the victim card again.

I suffered far less than many of my colleagues, but still got my share of online attacks during the pandemic. I was targeted in tweets, YouTube videos, blogs, viral Facebook posts and malicious revisions to my Wikipedia page. Someone pointed to a talk about global health I gave in 2018 as evidence that I had caused the Covid-19 pandemic as part of the “deep state”. The attacks came from all directions: anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, conspiracy theorists, anti-Bill Gates, anti-Wellcome Trust, anti-medicine, anti-Scottish government, anti-Tory politicians, all muddled together in puzzling ways.

She just can't seem to quench that insatiable thirst to be in the spotlight. Using the suicide of a scientist for another episode of thinly-veiled self-promotion is a new low.

A scientist in the public eye has taken her own life. This has to be a wake-up call (msn.com)

The lack of self-awareness in this article is brilliant. I particularly liked the following quote from her:

Science is not about getting famous, but about building knowledge.

"Stay strong, great defender of the racist and indecently exposed" I said queuing in a butchers shop in Fife. Everyone cheered.