Cancel culture

1 minute ago, red23 said:

Yeah i'm appointed as her mentor, the hiring boss says her output reflects on me and my ability to train. 

Indeed i did right after that call 

Sounds like you’re just absolutely shite as a mentor, and should probably resign from your job, and this forum, in shame. 

3 minutes ago, red23 said:

Yeah i'm appointed as her mentor, the hiring boss says her output reflects on me and my ability to train. 

Indeed i did right after that call 

Don't be so hasty. Maybe they could send you on some courses to improve your skills.

It's all about lifelong learning these days.

41 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I was talking about the wider societal problem in that part (as you know), taking my work as an example, we have people from ethnic backgrounds and from the LGBT+ community being openly fast tracked, this is simply wrong and is discriminating against white straight people, however if anyone was to say this out loud or question it, then they'd be accused of all sorts and end up bagged.

That causes resentment, there's no doubt about that !!!

sl_stewart_lee_comedy_vehicle.jpg.a4b5f1d364d91225f9a17be6de1da4a5.jpg

For those saying potential candidates for jobs are not assessed on their gender race or orientation, they sadly are. I have 2 close friends who work in HR and have been explicitly told by their bosses to 'boost female recruitment' regardless of who is the most suited to the role. Clearly this isn't the case across the board but it does happen, thankfully both told their superiors they would not do so.

Regards to Souness, if he was commentating on a woman's game then its daft, but its two male teams on the pitch, totally overblown by the media as per usual.

9 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

I have 2 close friends who work in HR and have been explicitly told by their bosses to 'boost female recruitment' regardless of who is the most suited to the role. Clearly this isn't the case across the board but it does happen, thankfully both told their superiors they would not do so

And rightly so, the law states that you can positively discriminate to adjust gender bias in roles, but only if (for example) both candidates are equally qualified and suitable.

To do otherwise would show gender bias against the male candidate - I am sure your friends in HR know this hence telling their daftie bosses to bolt.

57 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Who are the incompetent ethnic and LGBT+ people who've been fast tracked ahead of white straight people who would do the job better?

What are the "all sorts" that you're about to be accused of for for saying this out loud?

Is this something that's happened to you personally, or anyone you know?

We recently received an e-mail from HR stating that they were running a Management fast track scheme and that all us managers had to identify people in our teams with "talent", however anyone identifying as LGBT+ or from an ethnic background were to be enrolled in the scheme automatically if they wished to progress.

I would also add that you are the one that's used the word "incompetent", not I.

22 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

For those saying potential candidates for jobs are not assessed on their gender race or orientation, they sadly are. I have 2 close friends who work in HR and have been explicitly told by their bosses to 'boost female recruitment' regardless of who is the most suited to the role. Clearly this isn't the case across the board but it does happen, thankfully both told their superiors they would not do so.

Regards to Souness, if he was commentating on a woman's game then its daft, but its two male teams on the pitch, totally overblown by the media as per usual.

100%

The usual P&B suspects can't seem to handle any truth that they feel threatens their child like moral viewpoint of the big bad world out there.

As always they react with childish memes, sarcastic posts, wee red dots and nonsensical arguments rather than attempting to discuss anything like adults.

They must be permanently offended.....

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We recently received an e-mail from HR stating that they were running a Management fast track scheme and that all us managers had to identify people in our teams with "talent", however anyone identifying as LGBT+ or from an ethnic background were to be enrolled in the scheme automatically if they wished to progress.

I would also add that you are the one that's used the word "incompetent", not I.

If someone isn't incompetent, why would you feel aggrieved about them being appointed to the position?

Have you been told to send LGBT+ or people from an ethnic background to this course at the expense of other people?

Are you aware of the trend for people to advance those from a similar background to themselves, rather than those best equipped for the job?