Jump to content

Cancel culture


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I dont really care what The Pleasance pr dweebs say, and couldnt really care less if JS got his wee tadger out on stage (people naked at the fringe is pretty normal) but I think the days of it being acceptable to get up on a stage and use the term "paki" died with my dads generation.

Simply saying "I say stuff to shock people" is the cop out of the likes of Jim Davidson and Manning.

Hope its the last time he gets on a stage at the Fringe too - not because of this, but I think he is chronic.

So because you think he’s chronic, nobody else should get to see him. What is acceptable to say on stage? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just let the “sleeve tattoo Darryls and Caidens” watch professional weegie plagiarists like Kevin Bridges and Frankie Boyle do their stuff, and leave us in peace to watch what we think is amusing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I dont really care what The Pleasance pr dweebs say, and couldnt really care less if JS got his wee tadger out on stage (people naked at the fringe is pretty normal) but I think the days of it being acceptable to get up on a stage and use the term "paki" died with my dads generation.

Simply saying "I say stuff to shock people" is the cop out of the likes of Jim Davidson and Manning.

Hope its the last time he gets on a stage at the Fringe too - not because of this, but I think he is chronic.

If being chronic is the standard of being at the Fringe or not there would be about 3 shows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"We'd no idea that the notoriously controversial comedian we've hosted many times before was going to say anything so controversial".

All the best with your sell-out tour of Scotland next month, Jerry!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Just let the “sleeve tattoo Darryls and Caidens” watch professional weegie plagiarists like Kevin Bridges and Frankie Boyle do their stuff, and leave us in peace to watch what we think is amusing.

You find a guy waving his small cock about in a womans face amusing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

So because you think he’s chronic, nobody else should get to see him. What is acceptable to say on stage? 

Fair challenge, I let my dislike of JS get in the way. Fringe is great, but there are a lot of acts I wouldnt cross the road to watch - but everyone has their own taste, each to their own etc.

However, the more important part of my point was that its not acceptable to be calling people "paki" in the name of giggles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Binos said:

The festival is shite anyway 

Other than the pub opening times 

When the 'fringe' has Iain Dale receiving an OBN after a fawing interview with Nicola Sturgeon you realise that 'fringe theatre' has been ruined in Scotland.   It used to be about iconoclasm and innovation but is now so mainstream that the most boring, anodyne and humourless politician in living memory is a headline act.

But then the DPRS is a cultural wilderness.

Edited by The_Kincardine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The fringe is shite, it's just a gathering of pretentious wankers who just have to be seen at the fringe for all their social media followers. 

No.  The Fringe of 40 years ago was all about pretentious wankers.  The Fringe of today is all about the mainstream and the commercial.

The Fringe needs a Fringe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I dont really care what The Pleasance pr dweebs say, and couldnt really care less if JS got his wee tadger out on stage (people naked at the fringe is pretty normal) but I think the days of it being acceptable to get up on a stage and use the term "paki" died with my dads generation.

Appreciate you mean in context of abuse, but thought it worth mentioning that Paki, and other slurs, were used in Richard Herring's Hitler Moustache show, and that was a polemic against racism. IIRC he claimed to "hate Pakis" as part of the routine, but the context was critical, as it was a theatrical conceit to mock the hypocrisies and irrationalities of racists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope they cancel more Fringe shows tbh. An absolute bloated abomination now that closes off public spaces to residents purely to fill the pockets of the 5%.

Except The Ladyboys of Bangkok obviously. Was there on Friday and it was superb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...