Cancel culture

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I dont really care what The Pleasance pr dweebs say, and couldnt really care less if JS got his wee tadger out on stage (people naked at the fringe is pretty normal) but I think the days of it being acceptable to get up on a stage and use the term "paki" died with my dads generation.

Simply saying "I say stuff to shock people" is the cop out of the likes of Jim Davidson and Manning.

Hope its the last time he gets on a stage at the Fringe too - not because of this, but I think he is chronic.

So because you think he’s chronic, nobody else should get to see him. What is acceptable to say on stage? 

Just let the “sleeve tattoo Darryls and Caidens” watch professional weegie plagiarists like Kevin Bridges and Frankie Boyle do their stuff, and leave us in peace to watch what we think is amusing.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I dont really care what The Pleasance pr dweebs say, and couldnt really care less if JS got his wee tadger out on stage (people naked at the fringe is pretty normal) but I think the days of it being acceptable to get up on a stage and use the term "paki" died with my dads generation.

Simply saying "I say stuff to shock people" is the cop out of the likes of Jim Davidson and Manning.

Hope its the last time he gets on a stage at the Fringe too - not because of this, but I think he is chronic.

If being chronic is the standard of being at the Fringe or not there would be about 3 shows

"We'd no idea that the notoriously controversial comedian we've hosted many times before was going to say anything so controversial".

All the best with your sell-out tour of Scotland next month, Jerry!

40 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Just let the “sleeve tattoo Darryls and Caidens” watch professional weegie plagiarists like Kevin Bridges and Frankie Boyle do their stuff, and leave us in peace to watch what we think is amusing.

You find a guy waving his small cock about in a womans face amusing? 

58 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

So because you think he’s chronic, nobody else should get to see him. What is acceptable to say on stage? 

Fair challenge, I let my dislike of JS get in the way. Fringe is great, but there are a lot of acts I wouldnt cross the road to watch - but everyone has their own taste, each to their own etc.

However, the more important part of my point was that its not acceptable to be calling people "paki" in the name of giggles.

21 minutes ago, Binos said:

The festival is shite anyway 

Other than the pub opening times 

When the 'fringe' has Iain Dale receiving an OBN after a fawing interview with Nicola Sturgeon you realise that 'fringe theatre' has been ruined in Scotland.   It used to be about iconoclasm and innovation but is now so mainstream that the most boring, anodyne and humourless politician in living memory is a headline act.

But then the DPRS is a cultural wilderness.

Edited by The_Kincardine

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

The fringe is shite, it's just a gathering of pretentious wankers who just have to be seen at the fringe for all their social media followers. 

No.  The Fringe of 40 years ago was all about pretentious wankers.  The Fringe of today is all about the mainstream and the commercial.

The Fringe needs a Fringe.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Appreciate you mean in context of abuse, but thought it worth mentioning that Paki, and other slurs, were used in Richard Herring's Hitler Moustache show, and that was a polemic against racism. IIRC he claimed to "hate Pakis" as part of the routine, but the context was critical, as it was a theatrical conceit to mock the hypocrisies and irrationalities of racists.

Hope they cancel more Fringe shows tbh. An absolute bloated abomination now that closes off public spaces to residents purely to fill the pockets of the 5%.

Except The Ladyboys of Bangkok obviously. Was there on Friday and it was superb.