Cancel culture

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It’s not difficult.

He’s a twat spreading hate and I think they were right to tell him to get fucked, whatever the law says.

You are of course at liberty to disagree, despite cancel culture oppressing the right and stopping free speech.

He’s not my cup of tea either but he and others have the right to their views just as you and I do.

16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He’s not my cup of tea either but he and others have the right to their views just as you and I do.

Yes he does. 

He doesn't have an unfettered right to air those views in public. 

There isn't a bright line between inciting hatred (now illegal) and plain disapproval (not illegal). I think he's been on the wrong side of that hazy line. 

I see that he's now promised not to incite any hatred on his new tour. We'll see how that goes. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

*I’m paraphrasing. I’m aware that he uses the dog whistle more effectively.

ehh, it's still fairly audible at human-friendly frequencies:

So I want the gay and lesbian people to know that if they repent and turn from those sins, God will forgive them and heal their hearts. But I'm not going to accept it and say what they're doing is fine. It's not fine. It's not fine with God and they'll stand before him one day.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/13/evangelical-franklin-graham-addresses-anti-lgbtq-hate-groups-event

40 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

ehh, it's still fairly audible at human-friendly frequencies:

So I want the gay and lesbian people to know that if they repent and turn from those sins, God will forgive them and heal their hearts. But I'm not going to accept it and say what they're doing is fine. It's not fine. It's not fine with God and they'll stand before him one day.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/13/evangelical-franklin-graham-addresses-anti-lgbtq-hate-groups-event

He doesn't say god hates them, god just wants them to stop being gay. I know it's the mealy mouthed lawyer approved version of "god hates fags" , you know it, he knows it and the audience knows it.  But he didn't say it. 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Quite right. The 2019 Tory manifesto said we should make them ourselves and then export them around the world. 

Another industry in which we've lost out to the Americans. There were Christian missionary groups in the States taking credit for Uganda passing laws further criminalising homosexuality beyond what we imposed on them. Amazing what you can accomplish with a well-funded campaign of hatred and misinformation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bye bye Dilbert.

"Many US newspapers including the Washington Post have dropped the long-running Dilbert cartoon strip after its creator made racist comments.

In a video on YouTube, Scott Adams, who is white, said black Americans were part of a "hate group" and that white people should "get the hell away" from them.

Mr Adams, 65, later acknowledged that his career was destroyed.

He said most of his income would be gone by next week."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64775250

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

That's nothing. Woke Netherlands is banning actual bulldogs.

Screenshot_20230227_085535_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.d109c88fe77184604c5d057c7888f93d.jpg

So devoted are those pet owners, that they are happy owning animals that have been selectively bred to the point of disability for 'aesthetic reasons'. What utter c***s they are. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Would i be right in assuming that "woke activists" is one nutcase off of the Twitter? 

I certainly hope you're not suggesting that our noble press would take a couple of tweets from an anonymous, likely piss taking random on twitter and try to imply that 'them' are trying to destroy 'are precious culture' ?

5 minutes ago, Bodie said:

I certainly hope you're not suggesting that our noble press would take a couple of tweets from an anonymous, likely piss taking random on twitter and try to imply that 'them' are trying to destroy 'are precious culture' ?

Of course not. British news is the envy of the world. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

So devoted are those pet owners, that they are happy owning animals that have been selectively bred to the point of disability for 'aesthetic reasons'. What utter c***s they are. 

There’s a Dutch kennels been working to un-inbreed them (probably not the right phraseology but meh) for a few years now 

https://www.fm104.ie/news/buzz/breeder-working-towards-creating-healthier-french-bulldogs/

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

There’s a Dutch kennels been working to un-inbreed them (probably not the right phraseology but meh) for a few years now 

https://www.fm104.ie/news/buzz/breeder-working-towards-creating-healthier-french-bulldogs/

Maybe bring them over to Fife?

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Rupert Murdoch getting cancelled

Good to see that he's happy to take responsibility for the profits but also happy to sacrifice his pawns. There'll still be no shortage of gobshites willing to go on his stupid channel and say stupid shit.