Cancel culture

15 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-63391006

This Glasgow cancelling for a US evangelist has turned out very lucrative for him. 

Honestly WTF is the sheriff thinking?  He is quite clearly a nasty c**t and no venue should have any requirement to host him,  He has clear behaviour of acting outside of the equality act but its the venue trying to prevent him doing that which is guilty? 

Edited by parsforlife

3 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-63391006

This Glasgow cancelling for a US evangelist has turned out very lucrative for him. 

Pretty sure it was full lockdown in May 2020 so they didn't need to ban it as it turned out.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Actually I'm not.

The definition of what makes a man and woman comes from sex. If anyone wants to start changing that definition they need to make a case for it. How people feel about their sex or gender isn't relevant in that regard. They are what they are I'm afraid.

I've said before, the problem here is that the same words are being used to describe different things and different words should have been chosen.

The big problem is oppressing those who quite reasonably question this stuff and resist having ideology forced down their throats. That simply won't end well and will further marginalise trans people. Activists just never seem to learn that they inevitably end up doing more harm than good. But...there's no reasoning with them on that unfortunately because they've convinced themselves that they hold the only valid moral position.

Yes, it's you that's being oppressed here. 

:lol:

18 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Yes. Of course.  Until he broke the law.

Pretty difficult to advocate wholesale slaughter of infidels without crossing that fine line into inciting Racial hatred.

There is a fair chance that the shite Graham comes out with could also cross that line into inciting hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation. That’s a relatively new law in Scotland and wasn’t in force in 2020. 

Does that mean that “god hates fags*” was cool 2 years ago but isn’t now?

*I’m paraphrasing. I’m aware that he uses the dog whistle more effectively.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Pretty difficult to advocate wholesale slaughter of infidels without crossing that fine line into inciting Racial hatred.

There is a fair chance that the shite Graham comes out with could also cross that line into inciting hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation. That’s a relatively new law in Scotland and wasn’t in force in 2020. 

Does that mean that “god hates fags*” was cool 2 years ago but isn’t now?

*I’m paraphrasing. I’m aware that he uses the dog whistle more effectively.

You’re getting a bit desperate.

The sheriff heard the case and came to his verdict.

If the authorities felt they were wrongly done by, then I’m sure they could appeal.

I think we should just leave it there.

24 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You’re getting a bit desperate.

The sheriff heard the case and came to his verdict.

If the authorities felt they were wrongly done by, then I’m sure they could appeal.

I think we should just leave it there.

It’s not difficult.

He’s a twat spreading hate and I think they were right to tell him to get fucked, whatever the law says.

You are of course at liberty to disagree, despite cancel culture oppressing the right and stopping free speech.