Cancel culture

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And now they're going after Scott Adams and the Dilbert cartoon strip FFS.

Comic strip gets the chop after poking fun at wokeness (msn.com)

Have you ever laughed at a Dilbert cartoon? Even the cartoonist isn't sure why the publisher in your link dropped him. 

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

They first announced it a couple of years ago and have been steadily moving accounts to make payments directly to your own bank account.

We have 2 accounts. One got moved over last year and the other in April.

If any accounts are still using Paypal they have maybe not fully completed that job.

There seems to have been some acrimony between the 2 companies from the time when eBay used to own them as far as I recall and this seems to be the outcome of that.

After 15 years, eBay plans to cut off PayPal as its main payments processor - Vox

You can still pay with paypal, you just don't get payments from them as a seller

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Here's your clue Welshy...

He told Fox News it was unclear how they chose which comics to axe. 

But he said that some newspapers had voiced concerns after receiving complaints about the content. 

Couldn't have quoted him better myself. "it was unclear". He's not going to say that readers don't find him funny anymore, is he.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS. He's been getting complaints about the content of his comic strips because he's done some anti-woke stuff and now he's been binned left, right and centre.

The 77 newspapers its been removed from are all owned by the same company - I'd read a tweet a couple of days ago that they'd decided to nix it because it didn't fit their new pagesetting conventions. Can't find it at the moment, just myriads of folks frothing about CANCEL,  but if I do I'll edit to stick it in here. 

5 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

The 77 newspapers its been removed from are all owned by the same company - I'd read a tweet a couple of days ago that they'd decided to nix it because it didn't fit their new pagesetting conventions. Can't find it at the moment, just myriads of folks frothing about CANCEL,  but if I do I'll edit to stick it in here. 

It's really petty and pedantic, but it's myriad folk, not myriads of folk.

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
30 minutes ago, velo army said:
It's really petty and pedantic, but it's myriad folk, not myriads of folk.

Myriad just means ten thousand, no? So myriads is as correct as saying hundreds or millions. Willing to be corrected though.

Aye it does. I think it's because you wouldn't say "ten thousands" of something, you'd say "ten thousand people" rather than "ten thousands of people" even although it's used metaphorically.

As I said, it's petty and pedantic.

On 23/09/2022 at 15:59, oaksoft said:

Fair enough. I don't buy from eBay so I'll take your word for it.

Removing Paypal from the seller's end of the chain is a serious blow to Paypal.

Tbh I was quite happy to see the back of it re eBay. It was a scammers paradise. Any dispute would almost always come down on the side of the buyer. 

I sold a perfectly good Samsung S4 years ago on eBay, buyer complained it didn't work and sent back a faulty S4 (not mine). PayPal refunded the c**t as soon as the tracking showed it had been delivered back to me. It took months of complaints to get my money back. 

Mark lawrenson was genuinely the most awful, negative, miserable and totally irrelevant pundit the BBC ever had and should be grateful he was in a job for as long as he was. Remember the time there was a supporter in a black morph suit during euro 2012 and he said it was Eddie the eel?

If Lawrenson really does believe that I look forward to seeing the outcome of his employment tribunal. Or if he's just using it to get into the pages of that right wing rag and feeling a bit sorry for himself then maybe he should reflect on being better at his job.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

If Lawrenson really does believe that I look forward to seeing the outcome of his employment tribunal. Or if he's just using it to get into the pages of that right wing rag and feeling a bit sorry for himself then maybe he should reflect on being better at his job.

He'll be trying for a gig on GBnews like the other career slumpers.