Cancel culture

20 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Would you be allowed to call a man with a physical condition known as gigantism Andre The Giant nowadays? 

I’d imagine you’d call him whatever he told you to, and the wee fannies that piss on about having to respect  people’s pronouns would be weirdly quiet and deferential in the scenario. 

Edited by carpetmonster

39 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I thought they were something you had to google then memorise for an interview for an office job with a multinational firm?

Never realised theatres had them.

"... sure,  they're "inclusion",  "excellence" and "look at my willy",  no,  not "look at my willy", it was "innovation",  i meant "innovation. ""

" thank you Mr Sadowitz,  we'll call you"

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I am 54 mate, I dont even know what a virtue signal is............................

However I know a stalking wierdo when I see one - 

image.png.4daf6bc931fb50e8512162db06ca5b5a.png

Happy to help- A virtue signal is a BMW or Audi driver using their indicators when there's a polis car behind them

15 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Glad Souness double downed tbh. Good on him. Everyone knew what he meant by his comments. The likes of your Eni Aluko’s and Beth England’s are absolute cretins for trying to turn this into something that it isn’t. Very toxic behaviour.

Tbf you can bet for their entire career they were told that football was a man's game, indeed the FA and SFA thought so up until fairly recently, I absolutely have no problem with them calling out a tired old cliche. Souness is now a broadcaster and can describe the problem he rightly identities without such a lazy phrase, that said he shouldn't lose his job over it and if course he won't but if he's more careful in the future then it's a positive.

I think the expression [it's a man's game] is idiomatic. It is/was used on the field of play as a derisory retort when an opponent complained of a bruising tackle. Never meant that the game should be exclusively the domain of men. Otherwise wee laddies would be excluded too. It is one of these phrases that has been around for a long time and has now been misrepresented as some kind of slight against those who happen not to be, er - men. Too many folk taking things out of context.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It doesn't take much to piss off Aluko, one of those folk who seems desperate to be offended. She usually comes across as a complete arsehole any time I've watched her on tele.

And she’s a tory too. 

54 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Glad Souness double downed tbh. Good on him. Everyone knew what he meant by his comments. The likes of your Eni Aluko’s and Beth England’s are absolute cretins for trying to turn this into something that it isn’t. Very toxic behaviour.

I was at a woman's game yesterday. There, as at every one I've ever been to, the shout's invariably "Man on."

I get that they've faced an uphill struggle for acceptance until very recently, but pick your battles...going off like a landmine full of diarrhoea at every perceived slight will likely only be counterproductive in the long run.

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Has Jim Davidson been cancelled to the extent you're not allowed to say his name now or what?

Jerry Sadowitz called him J** D******* in his Tweet.

I find that quite amusing for some reason, so have decided to honour his industry bitchiness.